• 8 Post By dededi
  • 9 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 7 Post By walkonby
  • 6 Post By Skippy
  • 5 Post By beckie.c
  • 6 Post By padyofurniture
  • 7 Post By abbasgirl
  • 5 Post By Shelley17

Thread: QotD: 20 Apr 2015: Shouting match...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  04-20-2015.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  91.8 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Skippy, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's us, lol! I've heard people say that if we don't fight we must both keep things bottled up....nope, we smile a lot, hug in the kitchen cooking dinner, have small differences of opinion, but I guess we're just both happy with each other for about 50 years, all in.
    I'm not a yeller and only talk loud when I'm in an animated conversation. If I'm ever angry at anyone, I've always just walked away and if they really bug me, I dump them. Good for the soul....
    Skippy, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Last time was at Staples on a Saturday. We were waiting at the computer repair desk. Another man walks in and notices no one at the repair desk.

He starts walking aroung the store, finds someone and comes over the computer desk. He gets his computer looked after before us.

I say to him, Must be nice to be able to go ahead of other people.
    He gets angry and says, Girlie, you should learn patience.

This gentleman has a biker jacket with logo and we decided he was not worth the fight (safety?)
    I say to him, calmly, Well you now have your computer in for service while we have waited patiently. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

He calms down a bit, thinks about what I said, turns red and leave the store.

The old saying is right, A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Skippy, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Shwa Girl, that reminds me of that item in the news about a week ago where a couple WITH KIDS in their car was cut off by another driver, so they stupidly followed him and cut him off, then blocked his car in some sort of dead-end street, then they get upset when he comes after them with a chain-saw!!! Yes, the guy was a little stupid with that saw thing, but geez, maybe he didn't know who was following him!
    I mean...how incredibly stupid of that father to put the lives of his family in such potential danger by following another car that cut him off!!!! I mean...to what end?!

Anyway, you're so right: walk away.....good on ya...

Oh, no....hubby's ready to take wee Jenny to the sitters for an overnight while we're in Parry Sound!!!
    Skippy, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wherever you do it, don't do it while driving, because unimaginable things could happen. I learned the lesson and had to apologize profusely so things don't turn from bad to worse.
    Skippy, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had many times I got very upset with people, I finally realized itès not worth it. Ièm the only one thats getting hurt so I try to vent my frustrations out in other ways (gym, cooking).
    Skippy, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'll admit I love to argue. DH says I should have been a lawyer. I rarely shout but I do enjoy arguing. Some times I play devils advocate for fun, I don't necessarily agree with the argument but I pose it for a different view point. It's pretty rare for me to back down from an argument (unless it's so ridiculous that it's not worth my time), again I rarely shout but I can be very persuasive.
    Skippy, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have a loud deep speaking voice, ( think Kathleen Turner ), I WISH I had a soft delicate voice because inside I am REALLY that nice. Sigh......when it comes to straight out yelling while arguing I am sooo passed that now. Did too much of it with siblings/coworkers/even in sports! ( lol) and end result was tears all around, hurt feelings and no remedy or improvement in the situations.
    So from pure exhaustion I made the wise choice to " remove my playing piece from the board and let others continue with their insults/opinions/debates/drama " Walking away works for me, my time is better spent elsewhere.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

If someone can include yourself,then that is me.Weird as it may sound,I like to straighten myself out and it does get verbal
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I'm usually let everything just roll of my shoulders but the last time I really had it out was someone was probably my Moms boyfriend (now my step-father), after he had said something nasty to my younger brother. To be fair, my brother had been a jerk, but I just did not like the way DS-F handled it, he took things way to far. We eventually reconciled and he is a really good guy once you get to know him, but I have to say I'm happy she found him after I moved away from home because we butt heads on a lot of things.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Mon, Apr 20th, 2015 at 12:04 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a pretty even tempered person. Like Lynn, if someone bugs me too much I just drop them. If I can't handle a situation with a calm voice and patience then I just walk away.
    As for family, tolerance levels can sometimes be on the low side. I tend to speak out when they're doing something that's repeatedly stupid.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had it out with a Bell employee who called me today. He was about the 10th person to offer me Fibe TV and then to question my sanity when I told him I don't have a TV and don't want one - ever. I get these offers through the mail, by phone and then in my apartment lobby when I go to get the mail. I told him to write "DOES NOT WANT TV!" in large letters across my file.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Happened today. Noisy coworkers laughing loudly and repeatedly at the next cubicle while I am meeting with a client sharing upsetting medical news. I politely pointed out I have clients at my desk and got 2 sets of eye rolls and 0 apologies from any of the 5 people.
    When my people left I went into the lunch room where a couple were eating and I SNAPPED! Felt a bit better getting it off my chest. Got permission to move ASAP to a different cubicle closer to the white noise vent (really just a large ceiling vent that never stops blowing air) and further from the noise. I can't change them but I can move away from it. Shocking to see adults who behave like young teens with dirty jokes, profanity, gossip, eye rolls and general disrespect in the workplace.
    The upside is 4 others came individually to tell me they don't like it either. The boss took it well and said 3 others had come to complain today about the situation. We will see what happens next!
    I am normally very quiet and don't shout so this was a surprise to me and to them!
    Last edited by Shelley17; Mon, Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:41 PM.

Thread Information