User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Feeling so discouraged....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh lynn. I am so sorry to hear that you are so much in pain. But life never stops. You have to see the bright side of everything to get through this pain. Atleast you are here to see your kids, grand kids and enjoy other things in life such as visiting war memorials.
    My hubby had a tiny knee surgery almost 2 yrs ago but he still hasn't fully recovered from his injury. I know it will take some time, meds and a lot of practice but you will get there. I know how much you want to go out in your garden, take your dog on a walk, enjoy christmas with family...... these are the things that will make the pain lesser.

I hope you get better soon and that this pain goes away even sooner!

And i didn't like that age remark. That was very insensitive.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Oh lynn. I am so sorry to hear that you are so much in pain. But life never stops. You have to see the bright side of everything to get through this pain. Atleast you are here to see your kids, grand kids and enjoy other things in life such as visiting war memorials.
    My hubby had a tiny knee surgery almost 2 yrs ago but he still hasn't fully recovered from his injury. I know it will take some time, meds and a lot of practice but you will get there. I know how much you want to go out in your garden, take your dog on a walk, enjoy christmas with family...... these are the things that will make the pain lesser.

I hope you get better soon and that this pain goes away even sooner!

And i didn't like that age remark. That was very insensitive.
    Aw, how kind you are, Amira, thank you. And you're absolutely right, I have so much to be thankful for, and to live for. I guess it's more about how this was all caused by just a second's mis-step and it's landed me where I am today that makes me so darn mad. I'm also disappointed in myself, first for causing this, then for not being strong enough to sail through recovery.
    But you know what? Hearing other people's "adventures" with broken bones, surgeries, and the length if time it took for them to recover makes it so much easier to handle. I'm really glad I posted my little temper-tantrum...I'm learning that complete healing is not necessarily under my control...it's not my weakness or lack of resolve...it's all about time, isn't it? And, lol...it's about time!!

Thank you and others for understanding! It means so much to me...

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lynn, have you thought of getting a 2nd opinion? Sometimes 2 heads are better than one??
    strew, TaraF, Crochetlady and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Lynn, have you thought of getting a 2nd opinion? Sometimes 2 heads are better than one??
    Hi, MQ....I was so fortunate to have broken my leg when the best orthopaedic surgeon here was on call....hey...silver linings, right?

This condition wasn't present at our last meeting with her at the hospital, so at this time she's unaware of it. I was on my way to a full recovery! She said to meet with her anytime I had any questions and/or concerns, so I guess I'll be calling her soon. One more week of this would be one too many...like our 7-yr old grandson said today, "So let me get this straight, Baba. You were better, and now, A WHOLE YEAR LATER, you're worse! Right?" Yep.....right.

Thank you, MQ...you're always so kind-hearted....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:38 PM.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I'm sorry things are rough Lynn, that sucks. But you certainly are allowed to vent. You can scream, shout, cry, or laugh about it if you want. Pain is pain, discomfort sucks and inconvenience can be a total rain on your parade.

Having said that, I'm not sure this is normal. My Aunt has had a metal plate in her knee for years and she said she can't tell it's there. While metal is a foreign object and our bodies don't like things not being there you shouldn't be noticing so much pain. I would definitively bring the concerns to your Doctor. I hope that something can be done to make you more comfortable which will help in your healing process. Chin up buttercup.
    Last edited by TaraF; Sun, Apr 26th, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Sorry you are having this pain so far along in your healing.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OH MY goodness Lynn.. i just saw this.. wow my dear you've been through a ringer or two..
    please make sure you speak to your PT this week as well as the surgeon for sure.. a possible second opinion.. maybe in order too.
    at least you'll have an idea of whats going on.. is it something that needs to be fixed.. or is it something you just haven't felt in a while ie muscles recovering..
    as with the rest.. only someone who's been in our shoes can understand what we can go through..
    you take care of yourself my friend. one day and one step at a time..
    i wish you the best my friend.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

being away from sc so much had me missing your thread Lynn!! I am so sorry that you have hit roadblock after roadblock in your recovery. This was a wonderful thing you did to just " rant it out " and get some wonderful cyber hugs and support from most of us here!!
    I know that you know this will ALL be a memory at some point, but getting to that point is just exhausting it seems. The pain part is nothing to make light of, I would never! ( when I read anne admitting a C section was easier to recovery from than hip surgery, wow!! that says plenty )
    Gosh, to be in your shoes this past year with all the pain and aggravations trying to solve the mystery of it , I can only imagine! Take care and when you do consult again with those in the know I hope they can give you comforting news.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

But you know what? Hearing other people's "adventures" with broken bones, surgeries, and the length if time it took for them to recover makes it so much easier to handle.

you are absolutely right! I had no idea so many of us has had mishaps, injuries, accidents in life.
    Everyone seems so happy and healthy and perfect on internet.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today.
    Crochetlady and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lynn...you are a trooper, just like most of us here and that's a bond we all share, you will be fine, it is therapeutic to be able to vent and some times some one who has been in similar shoes can actually offer good advice, so don't worry and compain away...
    Two thumbs up from one "egg shell walker" to the other
    Crochetlady, Lynn49 and amira84 like this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh! Your next post will be your 15,000th post
    Crochetlady, Lynn49 and amira84 like this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

had so hoped that your leg was doing what it should, and hence you and it were better lynn - damn.
    not sure of what i say now but --- isn't our medical knowledge well enough to have you all off to
    some where else? with no pain or reduction of your life?
    and damn it if it isn't. and so damn
    Crochetlady, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    had so hoped that your leg was doing what it should, and hence you and it were better lynn - damn.
    not sure of what i say now but --- isn't our medical knowledge well enough to have you all off to
    some where else? with no pain or reduction of your life?
    and damn it if it isn't. and so damn
    You sure summed it up, Chives! LOL, yes, damn, damn, damn!!

I just called and will be seeing my surgeon on May 21st. I said it wasn't urgent, been like this for a couple of months already, so no worries....I've done some googling on this, and like Tara said, it's not normal, so something's up. Screws can work loose, tissue can get caught up into the screws and start pulling....lol, graphic, eh? ....I do feel that one or two of the top most ones have worked into that space between my tibia and knee...into the tendons, I guess, since it feels just like the other ones did that I had removed before Christmas, with resulting relief from the discomfort.

So.....my best guess is that I'll be heading into surgery again to get all that hardware removed; I just hope it's been long enough...a year should, be, as I understand it.

Thank you, everyone for your kind concerns and thoughts...I'll let this thread go for now and will post again at the end of next month. Take good care of yourselves, Ladies, and puh-lease don't FALL!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lynn, im sorry you are enduring this pain I hope you receive answers. sending good wishes your way ignore my one hand typing and grammar
    Lynn49 and Durham Couponer like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I feel sorry for you Lynn. I can understand your feelings of Discouragement. But we also know that Discourage leads to nothing.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information