User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: (UPDATED) SDM: 2/$3 Whiska's 2kg Cat Food Advertisment (Ontario)

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

UPDATE: With a little gentle prodding, Shopper's Drug Mart authorized the store to sell me 4 bags at 2 for $3.00. I could have used those B1G1 Free coupons that are out, but I didn't want to be THE most annoying customer EVER, lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone else notice this "fiery" hot deal?
    In the SDM flyer ending on April 24th, 2015 there is an advertisement for Whiska's cat food or Temptation's cat treats 2 for $3 or $1.99 each.

Name:  Screenshot_2015-04-24-23-04-29.png
Views: 835
Size:  435.5 KBName:  Whiskas.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  48.1 KB

The deal seemed too good to be true, so I checked multiple times on their website/flyer page and official Facebook; there were no retractions or notices of it being a misprint.

Off I went to SDM at 10pm on the last day of the promo.
    I looked all around the store and there were no signs stating a misprint. Not on the front door, where the flyers were or on the shelf were the product was.
    I picked up six bags of 2kg cat food, same size, flavour, everything as the ad and surprise they scanned at $9.99.
    I brought up SCOP and was told I had picked up the wrong item. So, which one is the correct item? They pointed to the Temptations treats...uhmm...no.
    The text reading "Whiska's cat food" and a photo of said food isn't there for decoration. It's on sale!
    The cashier, also a supervisor (no managers around, I asked) wasn't budging.

The line up behind me was starting to grow and I wasn't in the mood to argue after a 13 hour day.
    I left and just prior to this, sent SDM a lengthy E-mail as well as a Facebook message.

What do you think of this situation?

While there maybe a possibility that this was some kind of misprint ('cause let's be honest, SDM would never have an advertised deal THIS amazing), it wasn't corrected anywhere- on or offline.
    Section 1 of the SCOP policy states:
    Retailers will implement an Item Free Scanner Policy as follows:
    1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honored; and

(a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
    (b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price.

I should also mention that at the bottom of the flyer's page, it states "Products & pricing on this page are available at all stores."
    Oh really.

P.S. Tank loves Whiska's and I don't feel bad for giving it to her! She's the perfect weight and has done well on it.
    She'll be 13-ish this year!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by janetta; Thu, Jun 4th, 2015 at 03:01 PM.
    Momof3girlies and dededi like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

janetta, that was in our flyer too. Knowing cat food prices, I knew as soon as I saw it that it was a mistake so I just didn't put it on the shopping list.

My kitties love Whiskas, too!
    janetta and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

There was a correction notice at my SDM about this. It stated it was for the Temptations treats not the cat food.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I noticed the flyer last week, checked the website Saturday morning looking for a retraction, nothing stated online, so I went and picked up Temptations, 2 bags of Whiskas, plus food items. I asked the cashier to scan first as the price was extremely cheap and I knew it would be too good to be true. I called and e-mailed Shoppers regarding this issue and the free Royale paper towel (as my Shoppers had no clue about the promotion). I received an email stating that the following products qualify: Whiskas included Dry Cat Food Indoor 1.5kg and 2kg, wet cat food 100g, cat milk and a variety of Temptations treats. After the email I went to a different Shoppers and the store stated the error.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My SDM had a correction notice as well

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw correction notices at various stores all week. Perhaps if you were shopping Friday night, the notice was taken down prepping for Saturday sale? Just a thought, however, supervisor should have known about the correction notice.

I'm sure after a long day it was very frustrating.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    Saw correction notices at various stores all week. Perhaps if you were shopping Friday night, the notice was taken down prepping for Saturday sale? Just a thought, however, supervisor should have known about the correction notice.

I'm sure after a long day it was very frustrating.
    That might have been the case, but I think there should have been notices on the SDM site and on social media (Facebook).
    Ohhh well! I'm waiting to hear back from them.
    maple7 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    That might have been the case, but I think there should have been notices on the SDM site and on social media (Facebook).
    Ohhh well! I'm waiting to hear back from them.
    100% agree. So many ways to inform people of an error, just putting signs up in-store shouldn't be enough. It's not just SDM but many companies.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

100% agree. So many ways to inform people of an error, just putting signs up in-store shouldn't be enough. It's not just SDM but many companies.
    Agree. In this day and age, they should be putting corrections everywhere: in the store, on their Twitter and Facebook pages, on their own website with the flyer, in the newspaper. But some do not - a lot of stores do it in only 2 places: in the store, and a correction posted in newspapers - which doesn't help when many people do not get or buy newspapers.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

<br><br>Agree. &nbsp;In this day and age, they should be putting corrections everywhere: in the store, on their Twitter and Facebook pages, on their own website with the flyer, in the newspaper. &nbsp;But some do not - a lot of stores do it in only 2 places: &nbsp;in the store, and a correction posted in newspapers - which doesn't help when many people do not get or buy newspapers.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A good rule of thumb to follow: For example if a $15.00 roll of toilet paper "happens" to be on sale for like $1.50, you can probably bet it is a misprint. More than likely that roll of toilet paper is supposed to be $10.50...you get the point.
    Natalka, janetta and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    A good rule of thumb to follow: For example if a $15.00 roll of toilet paper "happens" to be on sale for like $1.50, you can probably bet it is a misprint. More than likely that roll of toilet paper is supposed to be $10.50...you get the point.
    I get what you're saying completely, but it's not a misprint unless it's stated as so and in this situation, it was not (on or offline, where I went).
    Here's a part of an e-mail a SC member forwarded to me when he too inquired about the "deal":

"At Shoppers Drug Mart, we promise to provide superior customer service that goes beyond your expectations every time.
    We were sorry to read that, this time, your experience did not reflect these standards and, again, we sincerely apologize.

For the current flyer special offer Whiskas Cat Food & Temptations Cat Treats 2/$3.00 or $1.99 each, the following products qualify:

* Dry Cat Food Indoor 1.5KG and 2KG
    * Wet Cat Food 100G
    * Temptations Pet Food 180G &70-85G
    * Cat Milk Plus 22Ml
    * Temptations Hairball Control 60G
    * Temptations Dentabites 60G
    * Temptations Treat 85G
    * Temptations Tuna 85G"

walkonby and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wow! The dry cat food is right there at the top of the list! lol
    Candini and dededi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lol,what
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Flyer errors happen ( obviously the proof readers are not cat owners ), however, the e-mail response from SDM CS was Monday afternoon, shouldn't they have been aware of the printing error? Instead of providing a detailed list of all products offered for the 2 for $3.00 or $1.99 each? Any cat owner knew the price was incorrect, but how come CS wasn't aware of the flyer error? Enough said, the queen and kittens are looking for their supper and treats!
    dededi likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information