Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
Did anyone else notice this "fiery" hot deal?
In the SDM flyer ending on April 24th, 2015 there is an advertisement for Whiska's cat food or Temptation's cat treats 2 for $3 or $1.99 each.

Attachment 280432Attachment 280433

The deal seemed too good to be true, so I checked multiple times on their website/flyer page and official Facebook; there were no retractions or notices of it being a misprint.

Off I went to SDM at 10pm on the last day of the promo.
I looked all around the store and there were no signs stating a misprint. Not on the front door, where the flyers were or on the shelf were the product was.
I picked up six bags of 2kg cat food, same size, flavour, everything as the ad and surprise they scanned at $9.99.
I brought up SCOP and was told I had picked up the wrong item. So, which one is the correct item? They pointed to the Temptations treats...uhmm...no.
The text reading "Whiska's cat food" and a photo of said food isn't there for decoration. It's on sale!
The cashier, also a supervisor (no managers around, I asked) wasn't budging.

The line up behind me was starting to grow and I wasn't in the mood to argue after a 13 hour day.
I left and just prior to this, sent SDM a lengthy E-mail as well as a Facebook message.

What do you think of this situation?

While there maybe a possibility that this was some kind of misprint ('cause let's be honest, SDM would never have an advertised deal THIS amazing), it wasn't corrected anywhere- on or offline.
Section 1 of the SCOP policy states:
Retailers will implement an Item Free Scanner Policy as follows:
1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honored; and

(a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
(b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price.

I should also mention that at the bottom of the flyer's page, it states "Products & pricing on this page are available at all stores."
Oh really.

P.S. Tank loves Whiska's and I don't feel bad for giving it to her! She's the perfect weight and has done well on it.
She'll be 13-ish this year!
I guess SCOP would be hard to get in this situation...I wonder if you can price match! My neigbour said that she was able to get her at SDM for that cheap so I am thinking some are giving exception. Man that fat cat was happy!