Thread: Food Banks and Grocery Stores

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our local food bank is all volunteer!
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I've noticed that the Fortino's $10 food bags that are promoted in-store are clear plastic bags in which various PC brand items are bundled.
    macw1960 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, all of you who donate, for doing that out of the kindness of your heart. Those of us (most of us -- I can't speak for the dour-faced jerks I sometimes see hoarding whatever they can get, shoving people out of the way at the food bank, and other heinous behaviour) who require social assistance like this, sometimes / often even despite working full time, really do appreciate it!

Nobody cherishes their time visiting a food bank for help. There is a lot of stigma still attached to poverty, and a lot of us are embarrassed, some ashamed, but given no other option in the world. It's the generosity of you kind souls that allows us, no hyperbole, to survive.

Thank you x 1000!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bullet tooth View Post
    Thank you, all of you who donate, for doing that out of the kindness of your heart. Those of us (most of us -- I can't speak for the dour-faced jerks I sometimes see hoarding whatever they can get, shoving people out of the way at the food bank, and other heinous behaviour) who require social assistance like this, sometimes / often even despite working full time, really do appreciate it!

Nobody cherishes their time visiting a food bank for help. There is a lot of stigma still attached to poverty, and a lot of us are embarrassed, some ashamed, but given no other option in the world. It's the generosity of you kind souls that allows us, no hyperbole, to survive.

Thank you x 1000!
    I think most of use have had times when we could use a little help. And sometimes that help comes from surprising sources. Makes you think a little and be more thankful.
    macw1960 and bullet tooth like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information