My husband bought me a beautiful diamond ring on February 13th, 2014 from Mappins at Marlbourough Mall in Calgary. I loved the ring and was very impressed at his choice. When he bought the ring he also purchased the Lifetime Jewellery Protection Plan. A condition of the LJPP was that I had to take the ring in every 6 months for cleaning and an inspection. I took the ring to Mappins at Marlbourough Mall in August 2014 and when I took it in for the inspection in February 2015 a diamond was missing. After less than year a diamond had fallen out. I was told by the clerk that it would be a minimum 6 weeks for the repair. I was shocked at the length of time it would be gone, and she explained that the ring would be going to Texas to be repaired. It was going to be sent out of Canada! There was nothing I could do, so I left the ring at Mappins on the 12th of February. The last week of March I called to see if my ring was in. The clerk told me they had no record of the ring and that the Manager would have to call me back. Jim, The Manager did call me back and said that they expected it anyday. We explained that we were moving out of the area and Jim assured me that when the ring was returned to their store they would courier it to the Mappins nearest me. I have called numerous times to check the status and I have been told that the only way they can communicate with the Jewelry Repair Dept is by email. They cannot call the Repair Dept directly. I asked if they could give me a ring from their display to replace mine and the clerk laughed and said “No” I have also been told they do not know where my ring is. Today is 11 weeks since it has been sent away. Jim called my husband last week and said that they will replace it. I just have to go to the nearest Mappins and get them to size my finger. I did do that and I called Jim on Monday and told him the size. He said they will size it, assuring me that can be done in store, and they will courier it out. He also said he will talk to the Area Manager and see what extra they can do to make this right. I have not heard back from him. So Mappins has taken the $2000.00 (sale price) for the ring and they also have the ring.