User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Neostrata face cleaner vs. Olay Regenerist face cleaner

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello everyone!

I know this is not the right forum to ask this question but since sdm sends us so many skin care coupons and olay regenerist coupons that i thought i would get my answer fairly quickly in this forum.

So....one of my personalized offers is $8.00 off any olay regenerist and there is a CO51 rebate of $4.00 on it. IDK olay regenerist price yet but I may want to buy it if and only if i know that it's almost as good as neostrata gel face cleanser. I am very happy with my neostrata gel cleanser but I am about to run out of it very soon.

So any insights about the difference between these two cleansers? Is olay almost as good as neostrata? Is it worth spending the money? Or should I wait for skin care coupon in the coming weeks?

thank you for any input!
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think you would be getting the Olay for free, as I have seen them on special at SDM anywhere from 7.99 to 12.99 these last few weeks. It would be worth getting a bottle and testing it out on your skin. I have never used Neostrata, but love gel cleansers - it feels cleaner and fresher on he skin.

That being said, I do use Olay cleansers and like them - they do their job quite well! For the price, you cant go wrong
    momi and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    I think you would be getting the Olay for free, as I have seen them on special at SDM anywhere from 7.99 to 12.99 these last few weeks. It would be worth getting a bottle and testing it out on your skin. I have never used Neostrata, but love gel cleansers - it feels cleaner and fresher on he skin.

That being said, I do use Olay cleansers and like them - they do their job quite well! For the price, you cant go wrong

Wow. $7.99? If my $8.00 personalized coupon works on $7.99 one then i'll definitely like olay. Lol.

Thanks for your input.
    momi and kimijeen like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I have no experience with Neostrata cleanser nor Olay cleanser but I was at Shopper's today using my 8.00 personal coupon offer on Olay Regenerist
    The Olay Regenerist cream (in a tube) cleanser was on sale for 8.99. I ended up buying the cleansing facial cloths (30) for 10.99. I used the 4.00 Olay cleanser coupon from P&G insert and the 8.00 personal coupon was automatically deducted on the receipt. Then I submitted the receipt to CO51 for the 4.00 rebate.
    The price was right for me to try it out

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yes Olay regenerist cleanser is $8.99
    Olay regenerist luminous cleanser is $10.99
    And Olay regenerist scrub is 9.99...
    I don't use aging products or very strong products on my skin...
    I never tried neostrata....I like Olay fresh effects and aveen positively ageless(mushroom) cleanser,
    But I would say with personalized offer and cash back from co51 it's money making and doesn't harm to try it,if you don't like it give it to your mother or mother in law
    dahliagrower and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Wow. $7.99? If my $8.00 personalized coupon works on $7.99 one then i'll definitely like olay. Lol.

Thanks for your input.

Yup, cheapest I've seen. It was store specific though. It was on the white bottle, so it may be worth double checking the prices at your store
    dahliagrower, momi and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks everyone. I am definitely going to buy it because let's face it....! It's a money maker deal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Sometime the more expensive stuff is really worth it ... other times there is barely a difference. I have sensitive skin and know when something I am using upsets my skin almost immediately .... I find the Olay Cleansers to be fairly mild .... I also like the Nivea foam cleanser and the Simple Foam Cleansers also and find they all do about the same job - and leave my skin clean and refreshed--no irritation at all. The thing I like about picking up a couple of the cleansers for "free" is it lets me pack them in my travel bag and gym bag and leave them there
    momi and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yes Olay,Nivea and simple cleansers are very gentle and mild....
    But from the last 6 months I am using aveeno positively ageless cleanser and my skin is very fresher...
    Complexion is more clearer....
    I bought this cleanser because of sdm....I don't know somehow,in the past my $8 Olay regenerist coupon use to work on aveeno positively ageless cleanser....when I bought Olay and aveeno in one transaction and my coupon did work on aveeno so I returned the Olay regenerist.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

amira84, you can check paulaschoice.com to see her review of both brands.

I think there is also a co51 olay regenerist coupon too.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    amira84, you can check paulaschoice.com to see her review of both brands.

I think there is also a co51 olay regenerist coupon too.

Oh yes.. i almost forgot about paulaschoice.com. it's an excellent site to see reviews and compare products. Thanks for reminding about that.

CO51 coupon? Ummm... did you want to say cash back?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Oh yes.. i almost forgot about paulaschoice.com. it's an excellent site to see reviews and compare products. Thanks for reminding about that.

CO51 coupon? Ummm... did you want to say cash back?
    OMG I love her site I am constantly on there looking up reviews. Olay cleansers are good most cleansers whether cheap or expensive all do the same thing. Just watch out for irritating and drying ingredients in them like "oil control" cleansers since they have higher sodium levels to help dry up excess oil. Also things with a lot of fragrance (mint citrus LAVENDER) will really irritate skin. Lavender literally BURNS my skin when it is applied to it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought the Olay cleanser on my last shop....kinda hesitant to try anything new right now, with all the skin care offers that SDM has given, I have been trying lots of new products and have had an allergic reaction to something this week....my face is a mess, and I am not sure which product caused it
    So now....I am back to my old failsafe product (Simple)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Sorry to hear that ivanasavalot .... I've found the "foam cleansers" - like nivea and simple to be fairly mild -- and before that I used the neutrogena natural one ..... the last big reaction I had was to a garnier product ... and it wasn't a skin breakout but rather an eye issue - with light sensitivity --- could only trace it back to their daycream....
    Ivanasavalot, momi and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have been using mainly Vichy products....I have it narrowed down to 2 products now....either the Normaderm face wash, or Jouviance collagen booster....and if it is the second one, I am going to be super bummed, because I did see results almost immediately

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information