User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By vw_girl
  • 1 Post By Lyssia510
  • 1 Post By Glendon Preece
  • 1 Post By annedougherty
  • 3 Post By Lyssia510

Thread: Anyone have any luck returning make up at Shoppers?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I bought a foundation yesterday. They discontinued my favorite foundation so I was unsure of the colour but the cosmetition said this would be the same shade. Of course they only had two testers(none in shade I bought) and don't do samples and the shade is way to light for me. She said I could return it if I didn't like it, but last time I was told that in a different location I had such a hassle returning it.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Yes, with no problems at all. I thought they had a 100% satisfaction guarantee on cosmetics but I can't find anything about it anywhere. Maybe that was years ago. I have returned open mascara that I didnt care for and eyeshadow that broke/crumbled in the container within a day without dropping it.
    Ivanasavalot likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good to know. Hopefully I'll be lucky this time.
    Ivanasavalot likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I returned make up twice to two different stores but I was asked if it was used or opened and they even checked the packaging to make sure it was not used. Maybe it is up to the individual store as to whether they will take something that has been opened. If she said you could return it if you did not like it, they should honour that or you can look for the person who sold it to you.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My best luck is returning to the beauty boutique, it is always them that tell me if I don't like something I can return it....I think they ask if it has been used or open, so they know whether it can be put back on the shelf or not???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanasavalot View Post
    My best luck is returning to the beauty boutique, it is always them that tell me if I don't like something I can return it....I think they ask if it has been used or open, so they know whether it can be put back on the shelf or not???
    The Beauty Boutique was where I had problems returning something last time.
    I called my closest Shoppers and they said I could exchange or return it so hopefully I don't have any problems. Seriously why do they have testers for every product EXCEPT foundation? There's a tester for every shade of every brand's lipstick, but only one or two for each brand's line of foundation.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've returned multiple makeup/skincare items both used and unused. No problems at all at the stores I shop at. I just returned the clinique face oil this evening caused it caused me to turn red and burned my face.
    vw_girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Gee lol do Clinique produce anything that does not burn the face

I always have positive experience in terms of exchanging for cosmetics but have only done three times and these were not opened! I would say try and see if anything happens...you can always talk to manager too!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanasavalot View Post
    It doesn't go back on the shelf whether it has been used or not.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    Yes, with no problems at all. I thought they had a 100% satisfaction guarantee on cosmetics but I can't find anything about it anywhere. Maybe that was years ago. I have returned open mascara that I didnt care for and eyeshadow that broke/crumbled in the container within a day without dropping it.
    I think that applies to quo and life brand.
    vw_girl likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

-Update-

They let me return it with no problems, and told me as long as I have the receipt I can return any make up I buy for any reason, including stuff I bought at the beauty boutique(my store doesn't have one).

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Excellent! Glad you had no problems. I swear it use to say on the back of the receipt the 100% satisfaction guarantee.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    -Update-

They let me return it with no problems, and told me as long as I have the receipt I can return any make up I buy for any reason, including stuff I bought at the beauty boutique(my store doesn't have one).
    That is good to know. I bought some BB cream and although I asked the girl in cosmetics if she thought it would be the right shade, it was too dark. If I had known, I would have brought it back and exchanged it for a lighter shade. I thought I could not return it because I had opened it.

Thread Information