User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Opinion PLEASE! Midwife vs. doctor in Hamilton

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The only advice I'm going to gve is to ensure your midwife, if you decide to go that route, is properly qualified.
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Can't say enough good things about Access Midwives in Stoney Creek. I had both my two with them, one in hospital (St.Jo's) and one at home (which I loved!!) Both of my pregnancies had problems, and my boy ended up in the Mac Nicu for a week, but even when care was transferred, they were my best advocates. And nothing beats home visits after babe is born!
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetproserpina View Post
    Can't say enough good things about Access Midwives in Stoney Creek. I had both my two with them, one in hospital (St.Jo's) and one at home (which I loved!!) Both of my pregnancies had problems, and my boy ended up in the Mac Nicu for a week, but even when care was transferred, they were my best advocates. And nothing beats home visits after babe is born!
    Congrats to you. Does public health do home visits in your area?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Shaw girl: the home vists are the after care of the midwives. That was why I opted to go home just hours after I had the boys. I wanted to be in a hospital as a precaution. But once I knew that we were both healthy we left the hospital. Recovery in ones own home was so much better.
    Ciel likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Oh and congrats to you as well @2jk19
    Thanks Anna Michele super excited!
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Thanks.
    I am glad that you like the doctor. I think he did not tell you everything about his reservations. I think, maybe, he has seen some things in the past that he is not happy about seeing.

The Ontario government is trying to regulate naturopaths. Midwives are regulated.

May I suggest, instead of asking on SC for recommendations about midwives, please choose from a directory of regulated midwives, for your own protection and for your baby's protection.
    Here is a list
    http://www.ontariomidwives.ca/midwif...lation/college

Good luck
    Thanks for that link, however I think you might have misunderstood my reason for asking opinions of people who live in Hamilton/received care in Hamilton. I already know of the 3 places in Hamilton that provide midwifery care that I have access to, however there are pros and cons to different places. Some wonderfully kind SC members have told me about their experiences and offered to answer any questions, which I really appreciate. Like I mentioned, I don't know anyone who has given birth in Hamilton, let alone many in general, so I am feeling kind of alone in having the information I would like to know.

My number one priority is the safety of my baby and myself of course, which is why I am exploring the best care options.

Thanks so much to everyone who has been offering their advice, information and experiences. It's so important to remain non-judgmental of people's choices, so even if you don't agree with the practice of a midwife, I really appreciate the time you are taking to tell me about your hospital experience with an OB, for example.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information