User Tag List

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Anyone else feel like sleeping the day away? I can't wait til hot sunny summer weather arrives in my neighbourhood. Had enough of the rain, blech.

Have to run out quickly to the bank and the LCBO (both for wine & the Food & Drink mag ), then have to bake some Canada Day cookies for the neighbour dogs.

Off to my Mom's again later tonight (or early tomorrow), then going to spend some time out of town with bff's family for Canada Day (well, July 2 ). I'm looking forward to seeing everyone but I'm also looking forward to next week, when all my vacations are over & I can get back into my routine and get things done around here. Eek! I think I'm turning into a grown-up - I'm looking forward to housework.

Hope everyone has an amazing Canada Day!

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

LO was up at 5am. He wanted to eat and start his day. He ate a Mott's veggie and fruit sauce and was put back to bed with a little coaxing. By this point I was fairly awake, baby girl was having a party, and I was so hungry that I had to eat some Cheerios with milk before I was able to go back to sleep.

I've already vacuumed the living room (supposed to do that before and after washing it), washed the breakfast dishes, washed and hung dh's white dress shirts, and made wiener and bean soup for lunch. LO and I will have a nap after lunch. We will go to Wal-Mart and possibly NF this afternoon. It is still pretty smokey down here, so we are staying indoors. It rained last night and this morning, so the air quality in Estevan seems to have stabilized for now.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Today not going so well. DD#2 gave haircuts while I was in the shower. Will be fixing that after this post.

Midwife appointment. Belly not growing again means another ultrasound. It isn't a huge concern, but I am tired of "little things." Every time we catch our breath there is something new to deal with...things were better when we were burning candles at both ends it feels.

I am trying to remember to breath, count my blessings and am trying to slow down. I am 36 weeks pregnant. Baby will be full-term next week and can come anytime in the next 5 week window. I am trying to remind myself that the in-box will never be empty, do what I need and leave the rest for another day so I can enjoy family time.

I think this is why today is so frustrating. I focused all my efforts on the kids yesterday and had a great day. Today, I am just trying to get a few little things done and can't.

Off to fix hair.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Exactly! I tell myself that too Granger! We need to relax and enjoy life before it passes us by. The dirty floors etc will be there next week. And if you clean them today they will be dirty again next week anyway! I plan on enjoying the next few days off outside with my fav people and enjoy the activities put on by the town, including a late night of fireworks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sounds like the little ones are keeping you pregnant ladies hopping! Hope you can each put your feet up a bit before the new babies arrive.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes pregnant ladies try to relax -lol
    -son needed me at 11.00 ths morning to watch "ashlyn" so I was in my jammies an my neigbour rang the doorbell, she was havg an anxiety attack cause her hubbie was gone for 3 hours-I told her she needed to see her family doctor but i also made her a tea
    -after babysitting ashlyn at 4.00-went and got groceries at freshco 91.62 later-havent bought groceries in 12 days

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So happy this day is over, we are so making up for the time off with issues and problems at work, it has been insane.

We went shopping yesterday and my goal was to stay under $20 and we came in under $20 so I am happy and have said NO MORE this week. If you find something we need work around it, no more grocery money until Thursday.

Looking at this week's flyers there is not a lot we need and that works for me. I think we will grab some Pork at Freshco and Classico at No Frills as apparently we are out of Alfredo sauce. If there is anyway to come in under $30 I would be ecstatic, I would really like to find a way to build up a bit of a surplus in our grocery budget. Ultimately I would love to get to a $100 and go buy some meat at Costco. By far they have the best Chicken and Steaks around and I am willing to pay a little extra for the quality even if it means smaller portions of meat.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring yet, I had been planning on working on the house but then Mom suggest appetizers and catching up on our PVR and to be honest I am leaning towards option 2. I know we need to work on our house but I could so use a day off with no expectations and no worries on what I am not doing. I will trade off do nothing tomorrow but on the weekend when Mom is working I will work my butt off and get stuff done around the house.

Have a great evening everyone.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA- definitely a good choice to go with option #2 and guilt free-everyone needs a break and the house will wait!
    ROMEO, Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Shocking (not really) I have been exhausted all week didn't want to get out of bed for work, could sleep in today and I am wide awake at 5:05. I miss being able to sleep in.

Shortly I am going to prepare some things for today's appetizers. Since there is no money left in the budget we are going to have to work with what we have one hand. I took another pizza dough out of the freezer we still have all the fixings to make pizza, I am going to make homemade mozzarella sticks, we have some Chinese dumplings I purchased as something different to try (hoping this will help with the not eating out) and I am sure there are other things, I just need to look.

Enjoying a cup of tea and catching up on the news, well as much as possible our local paper only reports on the good which I get except you know when I see a school bus and what looks like 5 other cars in an accident I would expect to see something on this.

Have a great day everyone
    ROMEO and Crochetlady like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    oh @saundyl I can certainly understanding your feelings, very pleased to hear that your mom & sister on their way hang in there you will have family for comfort.

I tried to google quadding as I didn't know what it was and didn't find anything, is that like a UTV / 4 wheeler?

Sending prayers for your bf and yourself, here's to a speedy recovery to you and your sweet heart.

Keep us posted, hugs & thinking of you

Yes its ATV (quad - 4 wheeler)

Thank you everyone. I guess after my outburst of terror last week i need to update everyone
    ROMEO and lizzie bargain like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    my son called last night -"ashlyn" and his wife were hit at a red light (they were stopped)-not that bad thou (maybe they were just bumped haven't seen their car yet -not much damge to car son said )they are both fine -ashlyn didn't even cry
    gee we need some good news on here eh ladies

I am watching ashlyn today -as daughter-in-law has to go for final dress fittings for her sister's wedding and lunch with them
    I'mglad they are ok!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Thread Information