User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Cable/Internet/home Phone rant

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our contract with Rogers expired and I called to see what I could get from them (called 3 times and quoted the price Bell was offering - used $130 quote). I was told $150 for our current package. My wife called Bell and was given a quote of $130 for tv/phone/internet. When she called back to get more info the price changed to $120. She told the lady she would speak to me then call her back. We received a call that night saying they could not do that deal and the cost would be $150. I called Bell back minutes later and got the same package with a price guaranteed for 3yrs for $118. I think Rogers and Bell are trying to make me crazy. We did switch over to Bell then Rogers started calling to give us a better deal (should have offered me the deal while their equipment was in our house).
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Rogers (Plus)
    Last edited by kmontgom; Tue, Jun 9th, 2015 at 03:21 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

whew, sounds familiar. get the marketing person to send you an email guaranteeing the price as the quoted price tends to end up being more down the road.
    macw1960, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Do not trust Bell. They will tell you anything to get you to sign that contract and as soon as you do the prices will start inching up and up and up and they will not adjust the price to what was promised to you. Trust me - we've been fighting them for years.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, try to get a no contract deal with B'Hell, Robbers or others. Deals are available for no contracts.

A family friend played Bell, Shaw and Rogers off each other. At one time, they had 3 satellite dishes on their roof. If Bell had a better deal, they went with B'Hell. If Rogers offered better, they switched from B'Hell to Rogers. When Shaw tried to get in on the game with a ridiculously low over, Shaw got their business.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I am glad my internet is with DISTRIBUTEL ..unlimited and much cheaper

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Rogers and bad boyfriends only want you when they think they can't have you.

I did the song and dance with them and now I'm on a great plan. This after not having cable for three years. I now spend $15 less per month for cable, Shomi, and the PVR and Unlimited high speed Internet whereas before I had only Internet. Pretty happy with that arrangement now. Although we still stream a lot of shows/movies online.

I spoke to three sales people, all said no. (At the time I just wanted a $5.00 discount.) So I found another provider with cable and Internet (not as good of either BTW) and called Rogers to cancel. Minutes later, I get a better plan with a $30+ per month discount that amounts to a $15 savings per month vs the $5.00 I'd asked for to start out with.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2.
    Get your F-R-E-E gift cards just by browsing online with Swagbucks. Click here to register now!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I had something similar happen with Rogers. They only wanted to retain us AFTER we had completely disconnected our cable. Too little too late at that point as we had returned the equipment and been without for a few weeks and didn't miss it whatsoever. If they just made the offer when I called to cancel originally we would have been more inclined to stay.

I work for a telecommunications company which hasn't been named yet and I know personally when someone calls wanting to cancel because they found a better deal with another provider its straight to the retention department, we barely even speak to them. Thats the whole point of having a retention department - to use it and retain your customers. Sometimes Bell and Rogers make me shake my head.

We've had incidents too way too often of customers calling because their services aren't working and it turns out that Bell or Rogers called to cancel their services with us on their behalf when it turns out the customer had only merely called inquiring about prices/promos and gave their name, address and phone number. I think the reps work on commission for these companies and thus why they play so dirty.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Goy my final bill from Rogers for service from June 1/15 to June 15/15 and they are trying to charge me $200 for half a month of service!! Can't wait to get home and call them (dropping of their equipment at Rogers store tonight - I will photograph everything being returned just in case -- I have heard stories they call to say they never received their equipment).

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know where I would like to put their equipment!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got my first Bell bill and the charge is $30 more than what we agreed to (first 3 people I talked to could not figure out why bill was wrong). I was on the phone with them for 2 hours Friday, 1 hour on Saturday and 1/2 hour on Sunday. I spoke to 3 people in the customer loyalty department. The ones I spoke to on Friday and Saturday both said Bell cannot guarantee prices. The Bell promotion in Ottawa in June was with guaranteed pricing (radio commercial, flyer in mailbox, Bell website and phone sales). Person I talked to on Sunday told me the other 2 customer loyalty people were wrong. There is a horrible disconnect between customer loyalty (within their own department) and all other Bell departments. Please do not use Bell. I am waiting to see if 2nd bill is correct, if it is not I told them I will be cancelling my services and will not pay a fee for being on a contract since they changed the contract on the first bill. Sent a complaint using their web form and was told I would get a response in 24 hours (I am now at almost 48 hours). Not expecting a call back.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should file a complaint through Better Business Bureau. Manager/director of operations will respond to you asap.
    I had issues with Fido and was getting no where. Once complaint was filed at Better Business Bureau, I heard from Fido within 24 hours
    kmontgom and macw1960 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bell is pretty tricky too though. They don't "gaurantee" their pricing. They will only gaurantee the discount will remain the same. Like if they said you will get $10 off a month on your phone bill for 3 years...they will honour that BUT what they don't tell you is that they will INCREASE the price of phone charges. I signed with Bell 2 years ago and they have increased their prices 3 times since then ! I have called to complain and they told me they can increase their prices anytime they want and the only guarantee is the "discount" they promised. It's all a sham. My contract is up in a month and I'm not sure I will go back. The problem is there isn't much choices out there.
    macw1960 and Little_Winter like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I specifically asked that my price was going to be the same for the length of our contract and was told it will be the same. They are all underhanded when it comes to their contracts.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The internet is important in our life today, that's why they take more profit, i am with Bravotelecom and i confirm that's is more better than Bell or Vidéotron, service is stable and price never increase too
    macw1960 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had Bell for just under 3 months now and had to call Bell 4 times spending 6.5 hours on the phone with them. Now I have another tech (one tech came and hard wired the box in the master bedroom because it could suddenly stopped getting the wifi connection) coming on Sunday to figure out why one (only one) channel keeps going out (on both boxes). Also, I was told the wifi was strong enough to cover my house and it does not. We get no signal in our master bedroom. I am going to have them move the modem when they come to figure out the problem. If they cannot fix the problem I will cancel using the excuse that they are not providing me with the service they said I would get (I will not pay an early disconnection fee for their problems). I was also told to call their customer service department after the tech visits to get some credit for our problems. Any one ever had to deal with customer service and getting credits for the problems?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information