User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: What Do You Spend on Groceries?

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Good question. Ok, well, i havent bought cleaning supplies in over 3 years (scrubbing bubbles, windex, fantastic, etc) because once upon a time SC Johnson was giving out HV coupons for those products and i got a large stock pile. Same goes for shampoo which i have stock piled for at least another 5-6 years, also same for body wash, soap and toothpase. I was Lucky enough to get 38 FPC`sfor Gillette Pro-Glide razors for hubby 2 years ago. Each razor pkg contained another cartridge. He has 10 pkgs left.

Living in a small town, we get dozensand dozens of free eggs from the farmer. Also there are lots of u-pick farms here. Daughter works at Olymel in accounting, so we get discounts there. D-I-L works at Cargill. Son`s friend works at Lassond Juices, (we just got 10 cases of oasis juice for $10!)

Our weekly grocery bill for hubby and me is around $30 a week. I buy meat only when there is a good sale and then i stockpile and of course i spend more. This week i spent $56 for groceries, $30 of which was for 5 Rib Steaks on sale at Maxi & Cie.

I price match all the time and check the flyers. Bran Flakes and Corn Flakes were on sale for $2 each, used the B1G1 free printable coupons. So paid $8 for 8 boxes. Great deal. You need to check your flyers and shop at price matching stores, use your coupons etc.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I am looking forward to the day when I only have to replenish things from my stock-pile. Like I said earlier, I used to coupon and then stopped (I don't remember why I stopped but now that am starting over, regret stopping). So far I found, I'm still spending as much as before when I wasn't couponing, only I'm getting way, way more things with that money - the money is going much further and it is being used to get the week's groceries and stock-pile whatever items I do not have or to add to the stock-pile of those items because of a really good deal or even free after coupons deal.

This week, I stockpiled months worth of: tampons, chef boyardee, coffee, water enhancers, and toothpaste all while buying my regular groceries and staying within budget thanks to coupons and PM'ing. Next week it may be something different.

I CAN'T wait until next month. I am really hoping for some good sales around the 20th when Child Tax and Universal benefits come in because that extra money can do a LOT of good with coupons and PMing. I already plan on buying a freezer next month because just with what I bought this week which was twice as much as usual for freezer foods, I know I will need one (and will be so happy to have a full one to shop from when I get there)!
    Get your F-R-E-E gift cards just by browsing online with Swagbucks. Click here to register now!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

$50-$100 for two people if you buy organic maybe a bit more

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

It would be in between $100 to $150 every week for 2 boys in 8 and 12 and two adults. This week I restricted myself to be away from shopping to make use of stockpile and spend $50 on dairy, soy milk and produce. We plan outside once a month which is not included in budget. PC points, Airmiles, co51,snap saves, shoppers points etc will be counted and saved for our boxing day shopping.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good question,I still haven't figured out the answer.However I'm always buying good quality reduced stuff that I could never afford to pay regular price on.This thread has all sorts of good ideas.Best investment I made was buying a freezer in order to take advantage of items when on sale.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

In 2013, when it was just DH and very pregnant me, we spent an average of $225.61/month. This doesn't include eating out or any personal hygiene items, or household items - just food from the grocery stores. Eating out would have added $11.05 to that total.

In 2014, we spent an average of $229.00/month, plus $3.66/month if you include our eating out habits.

In 2015, we spent an average of $304.08/month, $0 on eating out. We now have a family of three, including one homogenized milk guzzling two year old who is crazy about seafood and shrimp.

These are the total amounts spent up front, before discounts, rebates, or cash back deducted. I'm thinking about maybe getting a small upright freezer one day.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

for my budget last week I managed to have $60.00 still unused ( of the $150.00 allotted ) for the grocery portion. However, that number does includes non food items too, but I was just really picky about what we actually " needed " . Freezer/fridge and cupboards were my store of choice! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

it seems every wk we spend between 50-80$- MORE if my son is with me. i always check the flyers, we usually go to metro & no frills b/c close to home.
    macw1960 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Roughly less than $400 a month... that's just food.. about $30 is personal items (cleaning, toilet paper etc)
    macw1960 and Davetherave like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Less than $150 a month, as I enjoy cooking even after a long day at work.
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Fri, Oct 30th, 2015 at 02:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information