User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: What Do You Spend on Groceries?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

So there is myself and my boyfriend. Our 6 month old daughter and a 13 year old step daughter who is with us a few times a week. I'm wondering what everyone spends on groceries in a typical month? Trying to cut corners and save money and wondering what others are spending!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Every May/June I start track my local grocer's spot prawn prices. This year when the price falls below $18, I get a few pound of spot prawns for the family. Much cheaper than eating out where the prawn price can be nearly double.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

DW and I spend roughly $300 in groceries each month. This includes for guests we'll have over for dinners and such about once a week.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Fri, Jun 12th, 2015 at 10:56 AM. Reason: first time i've used "DW" in any response on SCs :)
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

$200- $300 a month which includes take-out and miscellaneous items.
    Angela273, macw1960, ticul and 5 others like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

450-600. But we have two kids in their teens (well one is almost 13) who eat a lot. I also have my sister and others over quite frequently. This does not include ordering out, coffee shop ect. To give you an idea, we use 2 buns of bread and 4-6 L of milk a day. I shop very often but they are constantly eating.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I budget $400.00 a month for the two of us, 3 cats, 1 stray, outdoor birds and a budgie. My groceries include not just food for everyone but also things like personal hygiene and health products. This still allows me to stockpile. Thankful for sales and coupons.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I budget $400.00 a month for the two of us, 3 cats, 1 stray, outdoor birds and a budgie. My groceries include not just food for everyone but also things like personal hygiene and health products. This still allows me to stockpile. Thankful for sales and coupons.
    your post sounds similar to us, We have 4 people, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a fish tank. Our grocery budget includes food and non food, ( so cleaning products, health and beauty. etc ) pets and we keep it around $650.00 a month. An occasional take out or restaurant visit is expected, that is why I budget a tad higher. Oh yes and this of course does NOT include gas for the vehicle, that is a nightmare in itself because of distances driven for work. ( sigh )

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-my budget for groceries is 400 to 500 a month for 2 of us -last month I spent 527.00 and that is using coupons ,price matching and stock piling it would be cheaper if I didn't stockpile but hey that helps out in the longrun

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Two hungry boys in our house. One is a toddler, one is a preteen who is bigger than 97% of kids his age. We go through tons of milk, bread, fruit, school snacks etc. I live across the street from a No Frills and am there every other day for something. I don't stockpile much but am starting to with some things in the past month. I was spending $400 - $500 a month. But that is without couponning and price matching. I have only recently started couponning again (idiot for stopping lol) but price matching is entirely new and is already saving me money. The other week, I got $70.00 worth of groc. for $29 with coupons, PC plus and PMing. Even if I didn't have PC points it was still a $20.00 savings.
    Get your F-R-E-E gift cards just by browsing online with Swagbucks. Click here to register now!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Perhaps were somewhat on track. I'm trying to cut corners. I'm on mat leave and I want to become a stay at home mom. But we need to start saving money and I need to figure out s way to bring in money if I stay home hence why I'm trying to trim our finances!!!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

For 2 of us our budget is $50/week but I do have flex to go to $75 if needed but does not make me happy. This includes Foods, Cleaning Supplies, Health & Some Beauty (we each have to pay for extras which includes Make-Up, Hair Dye & Specialty products that only one person would use). This cover me and my Mom and does not include take out there is separate.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

$100-150/week for 4 of us and 2 of our fur babies (cats). Pc points, Snap saves, co51, and some awesome trades with SC'rs for coupons sure does help.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

In our household there is us and DS - age 19 ..... roughly $500-$600 mo .... we don't eat out a lot - and I usually have leftovers for lunch..... we eat fairly well - not a lot of processed food - lots of fresh veg and fresh fruit I find that with DS there is a higher amount spent on dairy - cheese, milk and yogurt than we would otherwise spend.....

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have a 14 yr old and an 11 yr old athlete boy both, DH is training for an iron man. In the past few months I have had to increase the budget to 500-600 a month. That is just groceries, pc points, SDM points and airmiles help quite a bit. I think once the training is over I will see a return to normal. But summer has just started so with the kids home all day food costs go up.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So far $373.97 this month-2 adults and a 16 year old girl. I do not include toiletries, eating out etc in my grocery budget. I think food costs more here than in Ontario but likely less than in some other places. I do try to buy on special and price match.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information