User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Question for Senior Day experts

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At my 2 local stores the age is 55. I know this lady who used to ask for her senior's discount when she was about 50. I asked the cashier what their age policy was, and she said it was 55. I asked if you had to show ID and she said their store did not ask for ID and gave the discount if the customer asked for it.
    Once a cashier offered a customer the senior's discount and the lady was insulted and she got so angry that she complained to head office so the manager told the cashiers to generally just give the discount if the customer asks for it and do not ask for ID. Only offer the discount if the customer actually looks really old when the customer did not ask for the discount.
    I am guessing each store has it's own policy regarding senior's discount so it is good to ask the individual store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineTea View Post
    At my 2 local stores the age is 55. I know this lady who used to ask for her senior's discount when she was about 50. I asked the cashier what their age policy was, and she said it was 55. I asked if you had to show ID and she said their store did not ask for ID and gave the discount if the customer asked for it.
    Once a cashier offered a customer the senior's discount and the lady was insulted and she got so angry that she complained to head office so the manager told the cashiers to generally just give the discount if the customer asks for it and do not ask for ID. Only offer the discount if the customer actually looks really old when the customer did not ask for the discount.
    I am guessing each store has it's own policy regarding senior's discount so it is good to ask the individual store.
    Sheesh. Why would anyone complain about getting a discount on their purchases? She must have been vain.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New question for senior day.

Can you combine 20% Off and redeem points?

$250 item, redeeming 95k points for $170 off, does 20% Off apply to $0 or $80 or $250?

Thanks in advance.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

20% off is only on full price items,, i have redeemed points and gotten 20% off the full price gift sets at xmas such as olay, gillette , old spice, i redeemed 50 thousand points for $85 ,, you have to in my case purchase more , say a 110 value worth so that when the 20% comes off u can get your money's worth
    lorken and maple7 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

! I just realized I turned 55 a few months ago and haven't even thought of asking for the senior's discount! Sheesh...Guess I'm slowing down in my old age!

Thanks to the above posters for the tips and info. I'll have to check at my local store to see if I qualify...and then I'll start factoring it in when planning my SDM shopping trips! (Yay! another discount to take advantage of! )
    maple7 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information