User Tag List

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2308Likes

Thread: Gardening Photos - feel free to post yours!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pinterest is a great site to discover ideas.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All 28 garlic cloves have sprouted. I removed a bunch of leaves acting like mulch and found new strawberry leaves. I covered them back up for now. Spring is coming! The brown stuff is coffee grounds.

Next weekend I will spray dormant spray on the fruit trees and the first weekend in April I will plant seedlings - I still have lots of heirloom seeds from last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We have tulip leaves rapidly growing on the South side of our house, their flowers will be red. My largest raised vegetable garden patch has no snow left, so I can see where my green onions will soon be growing. Most of our lawn still has a considerable amount of snow.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Happy first day of Spring!
    Sunset after 7 PM--> no more dark evenings

Bulbs and seeds started indoors --> can't wait to put them out come May 2-4 weekend

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

It's neat to see your Spring pictures and updates! We are still under snow, though I have started a number of seeds indoors (tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, parsley, rosemary, marigolds). We typically can't put things outside until the end of May/early June (mid-May if we are having an exceptionally warm Spring). It's hard not to be impatient!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My seed packets say 7-8 weeks before last frost for tomatoes and 6-7 weeks for peppers, etc. I was planning to plant next weekend but am getting anxious to start now. Lol.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I would consider myself a gardener of sorts, but I can never get anything to start from seeds! I don't know what I am doing wrong.

A couple of weeks ago I started some banana, catnip, dahlia, poppy, and mystery seed I picked up last fall while walking my dog (plant looked like some kind of iris as far as leaves go). So far only one dahlia seedling. I read that banana takes forever to germinate, but the rest of them it is so discouraging to see nothing.

Maybe successful seed starters can share their process?

Also, the OPs garden and yard is so inspiring and beautiful. You can see a labour of love shaping up each season.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=kidsteph;6762867]My seed packets say 7-8 weeks before last frost for tomatoes and 6-7 weeks for peppers, etc. I was planning to plant next weekend but am getting anxious to start now. Lol.[/QUOT

If your planting them indoors it ok but don't plant them outside .. make sure frost is out ground before planting..
    kidsteph and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tobiwobi View Post
    I would consider myself a gardener of sorts, but I can never get anything to start from seeds! I don't know what I am doing wrong.

A couple of weeks ago I started some banana, catnip, dahlia, poppy, and mystery seed I picked up last fall while walking my dog (plant looked like some kind of iris as far as leaves go). So far only one dahlia seedling. I read that banana takes forever to germinate, but the rest of them it is so discouraging to see nothing.

Also, the OPs garden and yard is so inspiring and beautiful. You can see a labour of love shaping up each season.
    Dont over water your seeds and give them lots of sun light and feed them some plant food .. be patient it takes while for seeds germinate .. some longer then others
    Anna Michele and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@tobiwobi: Some seeds you have to scarify, others you have to soak overnight, and still others needs stratification, otherwise they won't germinate. It will tell you on the seed packet what you have to do, if anything. As for your mystery seed, If it's indeed from an iris then it needs stratification before they will germinate.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobiwobi View Post

Last edited by GoJays; Thu, Apr 6th, 2017 at 06:58 AM.
    kidsteph likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seedlings done. Actually I have a clear plastic dome so those neat tongue depressed labels were removed for now
    I did 144 seedlings (2 trays) with 13 different heirloom tomato varieties and 5 different type of heirloom peppers.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Finally sure signs spring is here. Blueberry, raspberry, rhubarb, chives, Sorrell and garlic.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Omg you grow sorrel you are amazing

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

My little planter and terrarium! (No idea what the flowers are, but that's my aesthetic touch to my home lol)
    As much as I`d love to hang the diamond one, the loop snapped off and I don`t want to risk it smashing to pieces so it's staying as is with some repair glue.

Waiting for the warmer weather, going to start my mini greenhouse to grow some cat grass. Have some herbs as well.

Name:  73474758758383.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  83.8 KB
    Last edited by Candini; Thu, May 11th, 2017 at 02:55 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays, kidsteph and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    My little planter and terrarium! (No idea what the flowers are, but that's my aesthetic touch to my home lol)
    As much as I`d love to hang the diamond one, the loop snapped off and I don`t want to risk it smashing to pieces so it's staying as is with some repair glue.

Waiting for the warmer weather, going to start my mini greenhouse to grow some cat grass. Have some herbs as well.

Name:  73474758758383.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  83.8 KB
    @Candini - They're called flowering kalanchoe, they're a type of succulent.

I've always liked these little guys and I find it difficult to walk away from them when I see a cluster of them blooming in the store but I have to. I've never once been able to bring them back into bloom once they faded. Here's some information on them: https://www.todayshomeowner.com/how-...ing-kalanchoe/ Hopefully you have better luck with them than I did.
    GoodBoy likes this.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information