User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Happy 45th Wedding Anniversary to Lynn and her Mr.!

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BIG Congrats!!!
    So how many times a day do you finish each other's thought or sentence?

. . .or how many times do your eyes meet. . . and you know what the other is thinking?
    Skippy, Natalka, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Congratulations to you&yours on this milestone! Wishing you both many more years of happiness

Do you have any insider tips on making your marriage last so long?
    Natalka, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A big congratulations to Lynn and her husband!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congratulations Lynn.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, Skippy, since you asked....

[QUOTE=Natalka;6420383]The Promises Of Marriage by Bettie Meeks

Marriage is a promise of companionship, of having someone to share all of life’s experiences.
    Yes: all! It means that you not only have a date every Saturday night for the rest of your lives, it means that when you're thisclose to tears from exhaustion, frustration or anger, your companion doesn't question the "why" at that moment, he just stays at your side and is whoever you need him to be, whether that's a quiet silence, or a holding you close and asking what he can do for you.

Marriage does not promise that there will not be any rough times, just the assurance that there will always be someone who cares and will help you through to better times. See above.

Marriage does not promise eternal romance, just eternal love and commitment.
    Romance, in the gushy sense of the word changes over the years, which isn't to mean it's gone, it just transforms into the offering of a cup of coffee whenever the other prepares one for themselves, the thinking of the needs of the other person most of the time. Like just now, when he asked me if I'm okay for a while, so that he can go out and mow the grass..would I want another coffee or juice before he went outside. And this isn't just because I can't carry my own coffee right now, it's just always been that way between us. Yes, flowers are still nice to receive, particularly when they're least expected, but knowing I'm thought about every single day, that my needs are considered every day...that's love and commitment!

Marriage can’t prevent disappointments, disillusionment or grief, but it can offer hope, acceptance, and comfort.
    Disappointments, disasters, grief, yes they'll happen to any marriage; the trick is to hold on tight to each other in every way, pulling together, not apart and realizing that we can't judge how the other one is handling those upsets. We have to be willing to be truthful about our fears and feelings knowing we won't be judged.

Marriage can’t protect you from making individual choices or shelter you from the world, but it will help to reassure you that there is someone by your side who truly cares.
    So true; I've been allowed to make some doozie mistakes in our marriage, some dubious decisions that I've learned from, but I always knew there would be a soft place to land when I needed it. No one was going to say, "I told you that would happen." Ever.

When the world hurts you and makes you feel vulnerable, marriage offers the promise that there will be someone waiting to listen, to console, to inspire.
    Yes.

Marriage is the joining of two people who share the promise that only marriage can make…to share the sunshine and the shadows, and to experience a richer, more fulfilling life because of it.
    All of that, contained in all of the above.

WHICH, incidently, works both ways: equal partnerships.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

...it was our "Sapphire" anniversary..

Thank you all for your sweet congratulations....I can hardly believe it's been 45 years!! Where did the time go?!
    I wish we could start all over again, but I'm guessing we probably will, over another life-time..

We didn't go out for dinner, we've postponed that until I can actually slip a pair of nice slacks over this waddage of bandages, lol...instead of wearing {{{shudder}}} my soft knit capris! Gah!! We ordered Chinese food and watched as much as we could stand of Canada's soccer performance, then switched to Netflix and our new addiction, "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries"...love the flapper era!!

So....we're going to try camping on Tuesday with the family...we have plans to spend Canada Day there, I have various paraphernalia to bring for the celebration.. I'm not sure we'll spend the 5 nights there we had planned to, but we'll play it be ear. At least our trailer will remain on the lot even if we just drive in on the odd days....

I hope you're all having a sunny weekend...Nat, any relief from that scorching heat?

Stay safe, stay well and enjoy your Sunday!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jun 28th, 2015 at 12:39 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    BIG Congrats!!!
    So how many times a day do you finish each other's thought or sentence?

. . .or how many times do your eyes meet. . . and you know what the other is thinking?
    Oh, gosh, MQ~! We could both be sitting there, and suddenly he'd say something absolutely out of nowhere about some issue, and it would be exactly what I had been thinking about!!!! It's so funny every time it happens....!! "Signals" are another secret couples who have been married a long time have perfected: one glance can mean, "let's get out of here", or "don't you dare say what I think you're about to say", lol...oh, it's a fine art!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As long as you spent it together doing things you like, it's all good.
    I love Miss Fisher too. Reminds me of the Hercule Periot and Miss Marple series.
    Skippy, TooCouponCrazy and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    As long as you spent it together doing things you like, it's all good.
    I love Miss Fisher too. Reminds me of the Hercule Periot and Miss Marple series.
    Oh, absolutely, Padyo! Although that sometimes means doing things each other enjoys...give and take, right?

So true about Miss Fisher! We've always enjoyed Poirot and Miss Marple, too...except neither of them could be catagorized as loving quite as "loosely" like Miss Fisher! LOL!!!
    My typo...I meant to type "living quite as loosely", but "loving" is probably more appropriate, in a way...!!
    Did you also watch the "House of Cards" series? Absolutely fantastic! Watch the British one first, then the US series...that reminds me of the Clintons!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jun 28th, 2015 at 01:09 PM.
    Skippy, padyofurniture and dededi like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh lynn happy 45th to you and your other half
    -I am catching up -I think walkonby and I are the same years married or close in call
    Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=Lynn49;6420578]Well, Skippy, since you asked....

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    The Promises Of Marriage by Bettie Meeks

Marriage is a promise of companionship, of having someone to share all of life’s experiences.
    Yes: all! It means that you not only have a date every Saturday night for the rest of your lives, it means that when you're thisclose to tears from exhaustion, frustration or anger, your companion doesn't question the "why" at that moment, he just stays at your side and is whoever you need him to be, whether that's a quiet silence, or a holding you close and asking what he can do for you.

Marriage does not promise that there will not be any rough times, just the assurance that there will always be someone who cares and will help you through to better times. See above.

Marriage does not promise eternal romance, just eternal love and commitment.
    Romance, in the gushy sense of the word changes over the years, which isn't to mean it's gone, it just transforms into the offering of a cup of coffee whenever the other prepares one for themselves, the thinking of the needs of the other person most of the time. Like just now, when he asked me if I'm okay for a while, so that he can go out and mow the grass..would I want another coffee or juice before he went outside. And this isn't just because I can't carry my own coffee right now, it's just always been that way between us. Yes, flowers are still nice to receive, particularly when they're least expected, but knowing I'm thought about every single day, that my needs are considered every day...that's love and commitment!

Marriage can’t prevent disappointments, disillusionment or grief, but it can offer hope, acceptance, and comfort.
    Disappointments, disasters, grief, yes they'll happen to any marriage; the trick is to hold on tight to each other in every way, pulling together, not apart and realizing that we can't judge how the other one is handling those upsets. We have to be willing to be truthful about our fears and feelings knowing we won't be judged.

Marriage can’t protect you from making individual choices or shelter you from the world, but it will help to reassure you that there is someone by your side who truly cares.
    So true; I've been allowed to make some doozie mistakes in our marriage, some dubious decisions that I've learned from, but I always knew there would be a soft place to land when I needed it. No one was going to say, "I told you that would happen." Ever.

When the world hurts you and makes you feel vulnerable, marriage offers the promise that there will be someone waiting to listen, to console, to inspire.
    Yes.

Marriage is the joining of two people who share the promise that only marriage can make…to share the sunshine and the shadows, and to experience a richer, more fulfilling life because of it.
    All of that, contained in all of the above.

WHICH, incidently, works both ways: equal partnerships.

Well said. Media (TV/movies) lead us to expect a relationship should stay romantic and exciting. . . but a true love affair has it's stages and levels. Each one has it's own reward but the commitment grows stronger for each one. . . the "no matter what" kind of commitment.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy Anniversary

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  happy-anniversary-16185768.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  32.6 KB

happy 45th anniversary, lynn!
    best wishes for a wonderful, long and happy future together!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Happy Anniversary Lynn and Mr.!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy 45th Anniversary!!! wishing you both many more years of laughter, love and happiness

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information