User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BC Gal

Thread: Bissell Proheat 2x Carpet Cleaner - looking for feedback

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

So a few weeks ago CO51 had a rebate of $25 WUB the Bissell Proheat and their cleaning solution. I started to consider buying one but hadn't done any research. We have a large area of berber carpet in an oatmeal color; the area gets a lot of in/out traffic from the patio area. I have paid $150 each year for the last 4-5 years to have someone come in to clean the full area. I am starting to think that perhaps I should just get the actual cleaner and do it more often. My DH thinks that most of the at-home units are not worth buying...won't do as good a job as the professional equipment.

The reviews are hard to figure out as many of the models are only sold at certain stores and often just for a specific period of time.

Just looking to see what other SCers experience in this brand has been. Thanks.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Last year I bought a Hoover carpet washer and use it every couple months to do the main traffic areas. It is not a deep cleaning machine but rather gets that surface dirt off. So it's not exactly what you are talking about, but I thought I might add in my 2¢ in case it helps you make a decision. No it doesn't do as good of a job as a professional, but it does help the wear and tear on the carpet by getting rid of the top dirt. I also like to be able to give it a bit of a clean if we are having guests for a few days. I have pets so the extra bit of cleaning is worth it. I still rent a Rug Doctor in the spring and do all the carpets and it does get the deep down dirt the other machine doesn't. As well, my carpet washer doesn't have a stairs attachment which imo is it's only downfall since my stairs seem to get pretty dirty.

To sum it up, would it totally replace a professional cleaner? I don't think any home machine would. That doesn't mean it's not worth having a machine at home. Maybe watch for a really good sale. I paid something like $89 plus tax for my machine and I think it was totally worth it.
    dahliagrower likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Thanks BC Gal - that's helpful.

Thread Information