User Tag List

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I have an infection on my shin, have a strong antibiotic for it, and it's making itself a bother by making me feel yucky, along with the pain. Hoping it works, though - I need to confess that I was really stupid and didn't go to a doc soon enough and got myself in bad trouble with it. Really stupid of me.
    I'm sorry to hear. I hope the medication works soon and you feel some relief. I know I'm the same way myself and debate over whether it's a truly serious enough concern to head down to the doctor's.

Seems that the power surge fried our ethernet chip as well, or so DH says. Our new modem wasn't able to communicate with the computer. Thankfully, we still have an old computer that was hooked up and worked or we would be out another several hundred dollars to replace it. We'll be sending back the broken modem and if they can get it to work, we'll be charged $25.

The phone we ordered through Amazon using points. It came the day after I ordered it. We're impressed!

The only main expense was DH's cellphone, which my friend wants me to call the BBB over. She doesn't think Telus should charge to break a contract if we're still with them. I may call to ask.

Thankfully, the costs weren't as high as I first thought, though everything had to be replaced and nothing can be fixed.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Natalka hope you feel better. I can admit I am the dame with going to the doctor, I just hate going for no reason but then I usually leave it too long.

Back to work for 2 days, not sure if it is the cold that is still holding all, I feel great except this cough just will not stop and I am still so tired and the body aches. I have never had body aches with a cold before but I have to say this compares to some worst flues I have ever had when it comes to the body aches.

Going to go and do some grocery shopping tonight since a few of the flyers have already started. There is not a lot we need from the flyers but we do need a few must haves Milk, Eggs and would prefer to get these before the weekend especially since I will not buy Milk locally. Our one grocery store is in line with other when it comes to price of milk but I do not think the store it properly as it always goes bad well before the expiry. Our other grocery store is at least $2 more per bag ( might be even more now as I have no priced out quite some time). So we will head out about 15 minutes away and grab what we can there. I am hoping to keep this week under budget and I think it will be doable as long as no one acts like a kid in a candy store knowing we will come in under budget.

Must get working on today, my desk is over flowing, have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We had great weather And day at the Canada day festivities. Then cam home for dinner. Bbq chicken, perogies and ceaser salad. Then joined friends for a boat ride and watched the fireworks from the water. Awesome night. Ds fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Was wondering where the thread went! July! Duh!!!

July goals - none. My goal is to have no goals and relax. Though, I do want to finish some weeding and must get my home birth supplies ready, in case we choose to continue at home rather than hospital like the last birth...

Financially - I still need to figure out what the next year will look like with me on EI and DH making some money this year. I have some mat leave paperwork that must be completed. Hoping for no more big surprises so I can focus on a new financial plan rather than preventing financial disaster!!! That being said, we are debt free outside of mortgage heading into this thanks to DHs extra income (and mass skill) which covered the plumbing work.

Well I have talked myself in circles and failed my first goal of no goals by adding my thoughts afterward. Let's call them hopes and expectations this month, okay?
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Granger you are too funny-of course delivering and caring for a new baby sounds like the main goal of the month!

Well now my CTC and my UCCB show online. It appears I will no longer be getting GST tax credit and Alberta working tax credit-DH and I must be working too much and earning a little too much-oh well.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Jul 2nd, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have been feeling very sick, especially the last two days. It's all over blah, in pain, upset stomach, not sleeping much at night, etc. I have way more ambition than I do energy. Dh is pretty understanding, but it's still difficult feeling this way.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-I think the last few weeks especially with mulitples can be a tough slog. Hopefully your blood pressure etc is being closely monitored and if things continue to feel off you can see your doc. Hope you feel better soon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Angela-I think the last few weeks especially with mulitples can be a tough slog. Hopefully your blood pressure etc is being closely monitored and if things continue to feel off you can see your doc. Hope you feel better soon.
    I have naturally low blood pressure and my last rating was 120/60. I actually have a prenatal appointment with my gp tomorrow. I guess we'll see what he says. I plan on having a nap with LO again this afternoon. Sometimes it backfires and messes with my night's sleep. *shrug*
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This morning, I posted on a busy baby garage sale Facebook page looking for inexpensive disposable diapers. I've had various replies and 2 ladies are giving me their leftover newborn diapers for the twins. It's about 55 newborn diapers, so a pretty good savings right there. I have a good stash of size 1 and a fair bit of size 2 diapers in their closet already. I just bought 18, 72ct Huggies wipes this week with the NF sale and $1 back from each one on Snap, which has already been credited to my account. I figure that I'll have more time to deal hunt now than I will after the twins are born. Now to get coupon trading.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just received this reply to my Facebook post about diapers. I've pm'd her to make arrangements. I'm very happy with the offers of help. It is great, especially right now.

"I had twins too and I was given a ton of diapers, they outgrew them before I could use them all so I'll pay it forward and you can have them if you pick them up "

I just arranged direct deposit for my baby cheques, yes I know that most people have already done this. I learned that my July amount is increasing by $35, before the twins arrive. I guess our income went down a decent amount because I am also receiving a small GST amount for the first time since we got married.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well got a new toilet -price matched at home depot to lowes and saved an extra 10%-16.90 saved -its not in yet thou
    -hubby wanted me to go take back the master craft table saw with him it was crappy - on for 119.00 reg 160.00-so helped him out
    -then went to lowes just now and got a nice bêtter one 349.00 but they had a sticker on it for 229.00 expire sticker -well I know that they have to honour the sticker (worked retail many years)
    tired from running around

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a nice day. Hit a flea market on our way to Wasaga beach for the afternoon. Will be having a late dinner of burgers and salad since we ate lunch late and just had ice cream on the drive home. Now my youngest is with friends for a few hours so he will be tired again tonight . Bought him a bunch of DVDs at the flea market. And pepperettes and kiabosa

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Angela, the more I do, the worse my sleep (sore back). Let's take it easy girl!!!

Went to CN tower today. Didn't go up. 2 hour wait! Not with a 3 and 4 yo. Kids were excited to ride the GO train, see the tower from base and get a stuffy from the gift shop. Not going up made the day cheaper than expected.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow Granger that is quite the wait. I was 40 something before I finally went up, but it was still fun.
    Angela: I would imagine carrying twins itself is exhausting but you have been so busy that is not a wonder you are feeling blechy.
    I scored an amazing pink sticker dealat RCSS tonight stay free pads on pink sticker price of 1.94 and then 30% off, so I think it was 1.35 a pack. Yes I bought 15 of them. It's nice when the necessities are so cheap.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! We seem to be a group of insomniacs - but having babies seems to be a much better reason than getting old! Good luck ladies! Hope you can find a comfortable sleeping position. We called dh's daughter today. She's set to deliver in 5 days. She's having trouble sleeping too. She herself was 4 WEEKS overdue for her poor mom! Right through Christmas and she wasn't born until Jan. 27.

I got up early although I didn't get much sleep as I had to go to the dentist to get a new impression made for my night-guard. It seems I must have thrown my other one in the garbage! But my insurance will cover the new one up to 80% of the new one and the other one was getting "munched".

Then I went to RCSS to pick up prescriptions only to find the pickets were just setting up. I asked them what their issues were - pension issues and job security. I did'nt cross into the store but did get in the line-up for the drug store drive-through. I finally left as I spent 15 minutes not moving at all.
    I was hoping to get post-holiday mark-downs - but I DO support the workers.

I went to Wal-mart (I know, I know - they need a union too!) to try to find some fruit and vegetables and other things that are dairy free. I picked up an Oasis for drink with berry and pomegranate flavour to mix this HORRIBLE powder that I am taking that the naturopath suggested. It was on sale for $2.99 - the $1.00 off coupon.
    Then I picked up a 2Kg bag of a new kind of dog food that was reduced to $5.38 but I had cut out a $3.00 coupon that I never thought I'd use.

Then I went to SDM to mail a couple of things and it was SENIORS' DAY! But I'm so geared to looking for DEALS that I didn't buy any REGULAR priced things which would have been 20% off! (But I was getting a little "addled" because I hadn't had anything to eat yet.)

But I did find Ceasar Dog foods on for .99 and I had a Buy 2 get 1 one free coupon. Our dogs have enough food and don't eat the individual ones but I took them over to the OSPCA - not much of a donation but I felt good about using the coups and being about to make a donation for a small$$.

BEAUTIFUL MOON tonight ( I think it's called a "Healing Moon" and over the last couple of days Venus and Jupiter look like they are "side-by-side." Not to be seen again for over 100 years.

I did some planting and cleaning up in the garden today and managed to wrench my back - no wonder it takes so long for me to get things done!

Whatever the naturopath has given me - it has had a really +++ effect on my digestive tract. I'm trying to get off sleeping pills that the dr. proscribed and that has been quite a challenge - both emotionally and physically - insomnia!!!

Twice now I've tried to type a message for Nat - and twice I have managed to erase it!!! Basically - I FEEL for you with the HEAT, SMOKE and now an infection! I'll definitely pray for your comfort, my dear!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information