User Tag List

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

last July entry for me today, ty for posting the Frugal link for August jasperandchar.....I actually did very well in the spending dept today, got some reduced produce I had been wanting and was able to stockpile some Cashmere TP with a PC plus offer and using a PM. Good times!!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thinking of you Angela and J and C I am glad you got the UCCB to help offset expenses-I know you wanted it for savings but hopefully you will at least not be in the hole so to speak. We continue to have a lovely and fairly frugal vacation by the ocean which we are enjoying. I think DD is getting a bit bored hanging out without her friends but oh well-we are heading to Victoria on Sunday to meet friends and go to an outdoor concert( this will appeal to her) and then taking the ferry down to Washington on Monday for back to school shopping etc. Home Wed evening I think. My Mum reports she is happily settling into her new place in Toronto so I am happy to hear that. My sister is still waiting on her husbands work visa for Argentina and not sure yet if at some point we will go visit them there. A friend has referred me to a friend of hers that is expecting twins in Dec so I may have more newborns to play with-and we all know I love babies! I will wait and meet her when I get home and see what she needs and if I have enough time available to help out! Although perhaps at this point I should be volunteering to go help Angela for a couple of weeks once I get home!

Forgot to say I went to the wildlife rehab centre here today which was great-got to see those two black bear cubs( through a monitor so they do not become used to people) that caused a controversey a couple of weeks ago. The mother was a garbage bear and had to be shot. Then the conservation officer was ordered to shoot the two cubs as well and refused and was threatned with the loss of his job. Due to public pressure I do not think that has happened and the cubs will be released back into the wild when ready-so a good news story for the cubs.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Jul 31st, 2015 at 06:48 PM.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

i was out cleaning today 1 of my customer and i just got home i'm exhausted and it's hot and humid here.the blessing is i live in the basement so it some what cool.

I'm glad that July is over my car is not working i think it's the transmision might be a costly job,my mechanic is back from vacation on Monday so will see.You don't know how much you miss a car until you don't have one.

I think i will go and have a glass of wine and just relax
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post

See? You really are Supergirl! I was complaining about my knees still being in such pain while trying to crawl into bed. It's much better than gasping in pain trying to get into bed the first few days, but still nothing compared to what you experienced. I hope you heal quickly. Do you have a brace or cast to hold the bones in place?
    No I dont. They told me the scapula can't be casted. As for a brace...as much as I hate bras I have discovered certain ones I almost loathe removing because I hurt less with them on. they have thicker straps and backs...and neither has to be turned to do up...one Is a front clip and the other is a pull on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    i was out cleaning today 1 of my customer and i just got home i'm exhausted and it's hot and humid here.the blessing is i live in the basement so it some what cool.

I'm glad that July is over my car is not working i think it's the transmision might be a costly job,my mechanic is back from vacation on Monday so will see.You don't know how much you miss a car until you don't have one.

I think i will go and have a glass of wine and just relax
    Car problems suck! Mine has issues - it was modified to be a ghost car but then the rcmp opted not to buy it. (It didn't govern out.) But 3 years ago the pcm died and was replaced with a used unmodified one...sometimes my car thinks it's a ghost car and I have no issues (it's been in ghost mode for 9 days now) in regular car mode. ..it's thinks it's normal so it starts hard and when you hit 3000 rpm it stutters and occasionally stalls.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sad to see the summer half over. We are on vacation at the end of August.
    I had another great RCSS shop last night. This time it was boneless skinless club packs of chicken for 1.99 a pound. I bought two one went in the freezer as a full pack of 8 as we having friends over Sunday. The other was split up and frozen. I think I may need to start shopping on Thursday's after 9. I remembered to use my FPC today, I opted for the granola, but wow it is really high calorie.
    Hoping Angela is now a mommy of three.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all called a girlfriend today I see her twice a year have known her 30 years we are going to talize Monday as all tops are 50% off -then out for lunch (cant wait)
    -went to shoppers got free granola and chex cinnamon cereal -missed last free cpn day was on vacay
    -gonna buy some top of the line makup at shoppers -I am tired of cheap mascara that clumps -cant wait for that too

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    My August budget is out the window and not looking good. Chester the golden retriever cut this paw at the cottage and $300 later in vet bills. Something is wrong with our truck, dh needs to take it for a drive in the fields in 4wheel drive, we were driving in 4 wheel drive then back into 2wheel drive and heard a horrible sound, we brought it to a friend of dh's who is a mechanic at the cottage and he said he didn't see anything but obviously something is not right! Some other unexpected expenses at the cottage so deflated going into August which is an expensive month with back to school clothing needed for both boys (uniform) and new clothes for Logan's as he has had a growth spurt and needs shoes...sigh. Just when I thought we would be getting ahead of the game with the large UCCB payment out it went for what it was not planned for. End of rant.
    I hope your pup is going to be ok!

Clunk sounds are never promising

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Granger congrats to you and your family on your new blessing @Natalka congrats on your grand-nephew @SassyAshley sorry to hear you are working yourself so hard and geez sounds like your mom doesn't work for a great place or they lack respect or keeping their word, darn it, you both could use some good news @saundyl it must be so difficult to do so many things when you yourself are not feeling up to par, hugs hope you feel better soon @avoncallingu congrats on the weight loss @Angela273 thinking of you @thriftygranny take it easy my friend, have you heard back from your appointment I think you said the doctor was going to send you a report or something on the tests
    I try to do what I can...and often am telling myself "it's gotta be done"

Tonight has been nice...relaxing on the couch.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I do not plan on posting details and pictures until we are home in Estevan.

However, I did deliver both twins vaginally, head first, without any form of pain medication.
    Eli weighs 6 pounds 2 ounces, 18.5 inches long. Born July 31, 10:45pm.
    Lilly weighs 5 pounds 9.5 ounces, 19 inches long. Born July 31, 10:52pm.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Today we went to Wiarton with my sister to visit her BF. Have been there only once before at least 40 years ago. We had lunch at the Top Notch...best fish`n`chips I`ve ever had. Lots of fish with a very thin batter. Didn`t get home til after 8:00. Think I`ll be going to bed soon...been awake since 6:00
    You just have to go to Wiarton on Feb 2 for Groundhog Day! It is such a great festival. You will have so much fun.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Well, my false labour turned yesterday morning about the same time as Angela went in (crazy!). Early labour began, I had a scheduled midwife apt at 10:30, went and was 2-3 cm. Returned home. On call midwife from the team was called to the house at 1pm when active labour began. We ruptured my waters around 3pm and it was game over from there. Our third daughter was born at 4pm.

Josette Margaret
    Born July 28, 2015 at 4pm
    Weighing 6 lbs 11 oz

Attachment 288911

Anticipating Angela's news!
    she is so beautiful congrats Granger. I love her name too.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49

Thread Information