User Tag List

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home for eggs and toast for lunch. And was available to give my teen $5 so he could go out with friends for lunch. lucky him.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Walkonby, you might not be the only one wondering about this. Yes, the easiest and safest way for me to deliver the twins in Saskatoon would be by moving up there for a while. We plan on moving in with my mom, her fiance, my 19yr old brother, and my 13yr old brother. All of them are familiar with LO and would be able to help when the time came. Saskatoon if 5hrs away from where we live in Estevan. LO was born in Saskatoon in 2012. We moved up to wait for him, but didn't have to wait too long because he was born at 38wks 5days. I am under the care of a hematologist and an OBGYN that my hematologist approved. I have been on injection blood-thinners for the past 8years, which makes me a higher risk pregnancy. The medication that I am on has been researched and proven to be safe during pregnancy. The RUH in Saskatoon is where a lot of babies are born each year. They have a high risk labour and delivery ward, plus a NICU. I am aiming for the twins to avoid the NICU all together, but there are no guarantees.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Walkonby, you might not be the only one wondering about this. Yes, the easiest and safest way for me to deliver the twins in Saskatoon would be by moving up there for a while. We plan on moving in with my mom, her fiance, my 19yr old brother, and my 13yr old brother. All of them are familiar with LO and would be able to help when the time came. Saskatoon if 5hrs away from where we live in Estevan. LO was born in Saskatoon in 2012. We moved up to wait for him, but didn't have to wait too long because he was born at 38wks 5days. I am under the care of a hematologist and an OBGYN that my hematologist approved. I have been on injection blood-thinners for the past 8years, which makes me a higher risk pregnancy. The medication that I am on has been researched and proven to be safe during pregnancy. The RUH in Saskatoon is where a lot of babies are born each year. They have a high risk labour and delivery ward, plus a NICU. I am aiming for the twins to avoid the NICU all together, but there are no guarantees.
    I figured the move had to do with either hospital equipment ( for twins ) or simply the distance in getting there once labour starts. What a great support system with your family at the ready when this all occurs! That must feel good. All the best in the twins staying out of the NICU.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 9 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy Canada Day everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Opps posted this morning in the wrong thread.

Good Morning Everyone,
    Shocking (not really) I have been exhausted all week didn't want to get out of bed for work, could sleep in today and I am wide awake at 5:05. I miss being able to sleep in.

Shortly I am going to prepare some things for today's appetizers. Since there is no money left in the budget we are going to have to work with what we have one hand. I took another pizza dough out of the freezer we still have all the fixings to make pizza, I am going to make homemade mozzarella sticks, we have some Chinese dumplings I purchased as something different to try (hoping this will help with the not eating out) and I am sure there are other things, I just need to look.

Enjoying a cup of tea and catching up on the news, well as much as possible our local paper only reports on the good which I get except you know when I see a school bus and what looks like 5 other cars in an accident I would expect to see something on this.

Have a great day everyone

Update: Mozzarella sticks are made and in the freezer. Waiting for Mom to get up now.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    hello busy Moms, just managed to score more $1.00 bags of the so called " damage rack " produce from WM.
    Fantastic finds, all bags are filled generously once again! Amazed by the quality of everything too. Just finished roasting 10 large tomatoes for pies. ( popped 2 in the oven just now ) washed the remaining 7 tomatoes to keep for salads/sandwiches or just snacking. Total of 22 large Gala apples, 7 c. fresh cherries, 2 c. big fresh blueberries, 20 tangerines, 14 red plums, a large head iceberg lettuce with a bunch of celery. So all that was just $6.00.
    Then I laughed that there were no bananas on the rack, ( usually other stores that is all you find ) but since we were all out I grabbed a few very green and some ready to eat, maybe 10 small in all.....and that alone came to $2.27!
    Figured it was best to go today since they will be closed tomorrow and I banked on the rack being overflowing.
    Hope everyone has a great Canada Day tomorrow!
    I haven't noticed the produce grab bags at my Walmart, going to have to take a look next time I 'm there!!!Can't beat those prices.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Canada Day! Going to my SIL's house on the water to watch fireworks tonight. Should be lovely if it doesn't rain. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy Canada day
    -so proud of hubby he researched in the flyers for a table saw (went out to canadian tire yesterday and saved 50.00 plus the 25.00 gift card son gave him for fathers day (maybe my saying never pay full price for something has paid off)
    -we need to get new toilet for main bathroom-leaking down the basement -had to throw out some boxes and a few reusable bags-the toilet is original 30 years old hubby think seal is worn and the inside back has rusted parts so we turned the water off and wont us that one til we can get to stores and buy a new one (always something when you own a home)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope everyone had a good day.

This afternoon I sewed buttons on 78 towels. Still have to thread ribbon through 3 ruffled afghans and I`ll be ready to take stuff to the stores next week.
    @Natalka is your air quality getting any better yet?
    @walkonby Our local Walmart doesn`t have produce but I will look for some when I`m in Goderich tomorrow.
    @coupon girl You are so right. There always seems to be something.
    @cdngal75 Enjoy the fireworks tonight.
    @Ashley Hope you had a restful day.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, Crochetlady, you've been uber-busy!

Smoke is still yucky in the air, I think somewhat better - we've been able to have a door open to circulate. However, we're still under warnings.

The smoke is stuck under a high pressure area over us, that's why it's not moving on as it alrady should have.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks - we live on a small street of people with a large common back "yard."

One of our neighbours had put up a Canadian flag over our picnic table.

I decided an impromptu singing of "O Canada" might be in order at noon. I phoned all the neighbours and invited them - including the little girls who live behind us with their mum and dad.

About 12 people made it including a neighbour who is wheelchair-bound. We sang the anthem and shared some cookies and stories and headed off for the rest of our day. My db and I went down to watch the Canada Day Parade. Hey, we're not Toronto, or Ottawa, but lots of kids had a lot of fun being on floats showing off their clubs and sports teams!

Then we went down to the Legion and had a burger and met some old family friends and were treated to some music by the local pipe band.

That was our Canada Day. Hope everyone else had fun! I made a stew from corned beef, potatoes and carrots. No dairy, no refined sugar, no aspertame.

But, I still can't sleep.

I have an appointment with the dentist tomorrow to get a new impression made for a night-guard.

On to July savings! Thanks J& C for always leading the way!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, that is a truly fabulous celebration; how wonderful!

Well, I couldn't help but sleep a few hours this evening, so I'm up to pretend like it's morning, having a coffee.

I have an infection on my shin, have a strong antibiotic for it, and it's making itself a bother by making me feel yucky, along with the pain. Hoping it works, though - I need to confess that I was really stupid and didn't go to a doc soon enough and got myself in bad trouble with it. Really stupid of me.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-take care nat -I was up at 5.00 this morning cant sleep in -must come with age
    we had a quiet Canada day with bbq burgers ,corn on cob baked potatoes

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -take care nat -I was up at 5.00 this morning cant sleep in -must come with age
    we had a quiet Canada day with bbq burgers ,corn on cob baked potatoes
    sorry about your shin Nat, I do know that putting off a Dr. visit sometimes bites us in the backside. Hope the ointment works well. coupon girl that was pretty much our Canada Day here, a quiet and scrumptious BBQ ( burgers, dogs, sides ) and then hubby and I kept our " date " with Arnold! ( the new Terminator flick was very long but very good and funny! )

babies teach us acceptance

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information