User Tag List

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Bought DS a bike off of Kijiji that was brand new. It is shiny, not a scratch and works perfectly. The best part is that it was 1/5 th of the price of the one in the store that we looked at.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Silk and 6 others like this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I caught the last day of a garage sale when people wanted to get rid of stuff. Got a birdfeeder, a large basket, and a baking dish for 50 cents.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Had to take our cat back to the vet again. Still having mouth problems despite having $620 surgery in February. Thought he would need to have two more teeth removed for around the same price but alas doctor thinks just infection and that teeth look great. Only had to pay a re-evaluation fee instead of full exam fee plus cost of medication. Vet wants us to start brushing kitties teeth in a few weeks once everything heals a bit more so asked how much they charge for kitty toothbrushes and was given one for free because it was part of the dental promo they had back in February. Wish they had of given it to me back in February!!!

Don't ask and you don't get. I only got free toothbrush and reduced exam fee because I asked. So relieved not to have a massive several hundred dollar bill again and that kitty won't need to go through surgery and stress.
    Giseledta, saundyl, Silk and 1 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

DH received a free oil change when he had his snow tires removed from his truck.
    Giseledta, saundyl, Silk and 2 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I had trouble finding an ingredient for a recipe I want to make. Finally found it on amazon.ca. Just before ordering I read a recipe blog where members said they found it in ethnic grocery stores. So I went hunting. Whenever I was nearby an ethnic grocery store, I would look for it. It took a month and 5 stores but I finally found it - and at a good price. But I decided to visit one more store just down the street and found it even cheaper. I ended up paying $2.98 as opposed to the $8.49 on amazon.

I love getting a great deal, especially when I worked hard for it! Lol

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, May 8th, 2016 at 02:06 AM.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'm in the process of refurbishing a old cast iron skillet as opposed to buying new. New = $30 or so. Old = $8. Got it yesterday at the flea market.

I don't have to pay for hydro as it is inclusive in my rent so if I have to run the oven 15 hours to get it in pristine condition then I don't mind
    saundyl and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Spent the day on Friday at a town-wide garage sale with a friend. I enjoy Garage sale season, but its hard to only bring home items that will serve a purpose and not become clutter. So many pretty pretty things that I said no to for that reason.

Patience paid off waiting to buy a couple of items.... I've been wanting a couple of those tabletop metal display easels to display a small sign on our bookshelf... they around $15-$25 at Micheal's. I was able to find 3 for $1/each. Picked up 4 wooden dining chairs that I will be painting for $2/each, I've been watching for a set of chairs to go with my antique table for a while now. Picked up a like-new copy of the Girl on the Train for $2, I'm so glad I held off on purchasing this a few weeks ago!

Also found a huge coffee bean burlap sack that I will be framing as artwork for our entry way (DH thinks I'm nuts) for $5 and picked up a pair of True Religion jeans (like brand new) for $25. They retail for $250-$300. I love second hand jeans!
    Last edited by beckie.c; Mon, May 9th, 2016 at 06:30 PM.
    Natalka, Silk, coupon girl and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Spent the day on Friday at a town-wide garage sale with a friend. I enjoy Garage sale season, but its hard to only bring home items that will serve a purpose and not become clutter. So many pretty pretty things that I said no to for that reason.

Patience paid off waiting to buy a couple of items.... I've been wanting a couple of those tabletop metal display easels to display a small sign on our bookshelf... they around $15-$25 at Micheal's. I was able to find 3 for $1/each. Picked up 4 wooden dining chairs that I will be painting for $2/each, I've been watching for a set of chairs to go with my antique table for a while now. Picked up a like-new copy of the Girl on the Train for $2, I'm so glad I held off on purchasing this a few weeks ago!

Also found a huge coffee bean burlap sack that I will be framing as artwork for our entry way (DH thinks I'm nuts) for $5 and picked up a pair of True Religion jeans (like brand new) for $25. They retail for $250-$300. I love second hand jeans!
    haha my DH thought I was nuts too when I suggested burlap curtains and a similar art project with burlap as to what you describe. I know they'll both look awsome and he'll end up loving them. I think he just imagines old potato sacks hanging from our windows LOL

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I hung the laundry outside to dry, it was such a lovely day they dried in no time, dare I say it 2 loads tomorrow and I'm all caught up.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I hung the laundry outside to dry, it was such a lovely day they dried in no time, dare I say it 2 loads tomorrow and I'm all caught up.
    I finally have a clothesline. So happy about that and I was able to hang out the sheets Sunday. It was heaven.
    Giseledta, Silk, macw1960 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

A couple of months ago I attended a food show and got to sample some vegan treats that were delish but I found them expensive - $4 for a box of 4 bite-size treats. I’ve since seen them in health food stores and every time I am tempted to pick up a box. Finally, I went searching for a recipe and found one that had similar ingredients. Experimented and the results were not exactly the same but very close and are omg sooo good! So happy I can save $ by making them myself.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Tue, May 10th, 2016 at 11:51 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    A couple of months ago I attended a food show and got to sample some vegan treats that were delish but I found them expensive - $4 for a box of 4 bite-size treats. I’ve since seen them in health food stores and every time I am tempted to pick up a box. Finally, I went searching for a recipe and found one that had similar ingredients. Experimented and the results were not exactly the same but very close and are omg sooo good! So happy I can save $ by making them myself.

Silk
    We do this too! No way I am paying the stupid amount they charge. I love making protein balls lol. I'm going to make some tonight! Thanks for the reminder
    wimbly11, Silk, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We had the car ahead of us pay for our tea and coffee at TH's yesterday, so nice of them.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

My Gran came back from the States and I exchanged stockpile items that I got for free or paid max $0.50 for two massive bricks of velveeta cheese and a new pair of shorts Very obvious I came out ahead but she doesn't know that and is very happy with what I brought her.
    sweetmomma and jasperandchar like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I cut my own hair today.

Silk

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information