User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: The Next Canada Post Stamp Increase!!!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Just saw this in on fb. Were in for another increase Jan 11 2016

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/canad...2016-1.2461202
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Craziness!

Last year's hike already drastically reduced my CP usage.

I went from mailing 30+ letters each month to barely 5-6. If this increase is approved I will avoid mailing ANYTHING. It's just to costly. I even stopped mailing packages. I used to send quite a few each year, now I send a GC (usually an online code) or if possible give the gift in person as close to the event as possible or if all else fails shop via a site with free shipping.

I'll switch to emailing party invites, thank you cards, Christmas cards, etc. (most of our family and friends already do this because of CP's prices) and obviously trading/trains will be a thing of the past.

Guess I won't have to check my mail box often since no one will be mailing me anything. lol

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I purchased a 50 p-stamp roll right before they pulled them off the shelves last time and I'm making it last. I very rarely send snail mail anymore. I used to send gifts out to my nieces and nephews for their birthdays but now I just shop on amazon and pay a little extra for gift wrapping and ship directly. It is becoming outrageous to ship anything.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The federal agency wants to increase the postage rate for domestic lettermail weighing 30 grams or less from the current rate of $0.85 to $0.90 cents when purchased in batches. The price of a single stamp would remain at $1.

I mail just as much as I used to.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hopefully Rexall and Shoppers will keep having their 10% off sales now and again. Costco's bulk purchase may be an option for some.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Hopefully Rexall and Shoppers will keep having their 10% off sales now and again. Costco's bulk purchase may be an option for some.
    10% off is no where near enough incentive for me to continue mailing.

I bought Costco's 100 stamps before the increase last year and now I'm down to less than 10 stamps, and that's with my large decrease in mailing this past year (most my envelopes weigh more than the 30g, so they usually take 2-3 stamps to mail).

I refuse to buy any more stamps at the current high cost.

If they increase the regular letter mail under 30g postage I have no doubt they will also be raising the price for 30-50g, 50g-100g, etc. mail.

For casual mail users the increase wont make a lot (if any) difference but for people who mail in larger amounts it definitely does.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

It's like they want people to mail less and less. Maybe someone in the government needs take a hard look at who is in control at Canada Post and make some changes before they totally sink the company. Sad.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sad news. As coupon values decrease stamps are increasing? Boo!
    Mia001, scbpooh, Angela273 and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I just cannot justify the expense of trading coupons through the mail anymore. Canada Post is killing itself. Stamps are not like a tax...I mean, you don't have to pay the hiked price or go to jail. So who wants to pay?

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post

I bought Costco's 100 stamps before the increase last year and now I'm down to less than 10 stamps, and that's with my large decrease in mailing this past year (most my envelopes weigh more than the 30g, so they usually take 2-3 stamps to mail).

If they increase the regular letter mail under 30g postage I have no doubt they will also be raising the price for 30-50g, 50g-100g, etc. mail.

For casual mail users the increase wont make a lot (if any) difference but for people who mail in larger amounts it definitely does.
    when one rate goes up all the other stamp rates go up accordingly.. i find myself using my kitchen scale alot when trading to make sure i'm maxing out the 30g stamp (weigh envie trades to 29g) though for the most part i've given up on trading.. i may have done 5 trades in the last year since the rate went up.. when i used to do 2-3 trades a week between the cost of the stamp and the value of the coupons going down (and in general less of them out there) i've nearly backburnered couponing in general

i won't even mail christmas cards anymore
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    when one rate goes up all the other stamp rates go up accordingly.. i find myself using my kitchen scale alot when trading to make sure i'm maxing out the 30g stamp (weigh envie trades to 29g) though for the most part i've given up on trading.. i may have done 5 trades in the last year since the rate went up.. when i used to do 2-3 trades a week between the cost of the stamp and the value of the coupons going down (and in general less of them out there) i've nearly backburnered couponing in general

i won't even mail christmas cards anymore
    Ive been using a scale for a while. Always saves a stop at a physical Post Office! Trades are definately going to start needing to really worth it to make the postage worth sending! Conducting a train now and it will probably be one of my last!
    Angela273, macw1960, ticul and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm not happy to hear about this additional postage increase. I haven't been trading as much lately and I neglected to mail out Christmas cards last year with family pictures in them.
    macw1960, ticul and Davetherave like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I guess they have to pay for all those new mail boxes as least in Pierrefonds.My postman told me keys will go out July 13-31 Mail begins in the new boxes August sometime
    macw1960, ticul and Davetherave like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

They're increasing the rates because people are mailing less....that makes sense *eye roll*. Maybe they should take a hard look at why people are mailing less and try to improve their services instead of pricing out even more people. I mail a lot of things because I have a small eBay business and I am NOT looking forward to these price increases.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Use to love mailing out letters and parcels ! now I growl every time I need to mail something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information