• 2 Post By Darth Penguin
  • 1 Post By Arvilish

Thread: Amazon PRIME day in Canada... July 15th

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Attachment 287295

What is Prime Day?

Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and garden, sports and outdoor items and more.

Plus a contest to win $10,000 in Amazon gift cards

http://www.amazon.ca/b/?ie=UTF8&node=11614301011
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Thu, Jul 9th, 2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Shwa Girl and GatineauGirl like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gosh, there is nothing exciting so far in this much-advertised event. MEH.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    Gosh, there is nothing exciting so far in this much-advertised event. MEH.
    Maybe it's better in the US?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

GatineauGirl is right! "Meh" is the word on Prime Day -- so far, at least. But here's a funny thing. An article in Huffington Post on travel bags suggested that the new-style diaper bags are the best travel bags for women, baby or no baby -- lots of compartments, room for a tablet or laptop, etc. So I picked one out that was on sale on Amazon for $65. In stores, the same model is $77. But I waited for Prime Day, thinking there's the off-chance that it would be on sale for less. Instead, from yesterday to today, the price went up by $8.50. But when I searched on that exact item, I got to amazon.ca via Shopbot, where I saw (and ordered) the same bag for yesterday's price of $65. What gives? I don't get how amazon.ca items are different prices depending on how you get to them, but if you've got your eye on something for which the price is fluctuating, it might be worth doing a Google search and getting into amazon.ca by a different route.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Attachment 287295

What is Prime Day?

Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and garden, sports and outdoor items and more.

Plus a contest to win $10,000 in Amazon gift cards

http://www.amazon.ca/b/?ie=UTF8&node=11614301011
    Thanks.

I am thinking the best deals were are amazon.com, walmart.com and target.com. If you have a US mail box or an Amerifriend, you can still take advantage of the dealios

Name:  11844-150714.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  k2-_9804a789-c3ce-4099-81e6-84905a0fb240.v1.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  53.8 KB
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pixiechickie View Post
    Maybe it's better in the US?
    A lot of my US friends aren't impressedby the sale.
    GatineauGirl and Linda Evans like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

yeah, I wasn't very impressed either when I looked at all the deals this morning, nothing I want, really surprised there weren't more movie/tv series deals.

Saver
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Amiv, it's possible that you either weren't looking at the exact same item or you were looking at one of the many other sellers that sell via amazon.
    Get $25 CASH for opening a Tangerine account. To receive the $$, enter 39061906S1 as the orange key when you sign up.To sign up or for more info go to http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I thought I might get some items too but nothing so special...wallet SAFE!!! Don't get why there is so much hypertension about this on other forums!
    peachies likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Just a bait and switch to get peeps to sign up for their Prime membership ..and hoping that you stay with them and DON'T cancel it after the free 30 day trial .

Lot of peeps forget to cancel it and it auto renews each year or after the 30 free days

Prime is a waste of time in Canada, its pretty decent in US though..but still I will never pay to shop somewhere.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Thu, Jul 16th, 2015 at 09:07 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Managed to get me 70% of Huggies Diapers

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Just a bait and switch to get peeps to sign up for their Prime membership ..and hoping that you stay with them and DON'T cancel it after the free 30 day trial .

Lot of peeps forget to cancel it and it auto renews each year or after the 30 free days

Prime is a waste of time in Canada, its pretty decent in US though..but still I will never pay to shop somewhere.
    That's not what a "bait & switch" is. A bait & switch is when a retailer offers you a specific deal or promotion, but never had any of that item or refuses to sell it to you with a pure intent to try and sell you something more profitable to them.

At "worst" case, it was a lure -- but even so, in this case, you didnt need to be a Prime member to see the deals... only to take part. So if you didnt see anything you liked, you werent obligated to become a member. But there was no 'switching' taking place.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There were certainly A LOT of deals to be had (the US site was far far more plenitful, to be sure). But I will admit that it was poorly executed.

The deals on the US site pretty much required you to come back every couple/few hours to see what the upcoming deals were going to be. You couldnt see that far ahead to know the complete day's deals.

Maybe it was strategy, to keep you coming back -- but I think it was a technical limitation to the site, because it certainly wasnt clear that that was the case. I know that people looked first thing in the morning and said "Nothing good here today" and never returned the rest of the day.

I had noticed that the deals first thing in the morning were only set to start within a couple of hours and only lasted an hour or so each. When I came back for one of those deals later, I saw new upcoming deals I hadnt seen earlier.

This recurred 5 or 6 times over the day.

There were a LOT of deals, but most of them pretty lack luster. I'm sure some people may have found some of the items worth while, but they weren't "amazing" deals. For the most part, pretty typical bargains you get occasionally anyway... just seems they were all on sale at once this time.

Although...
    My best score that day was I wound up getting an HP Stream 7 tablet for $42, INCLUDING a year of Office365 subscription (worth $80 on it's own) from the US Amazon warehouse deals. Because I inadvertently stumbled on a fine-print promo for Prime Days that included 15% off for AmazonWarehouse offerings... and somehow included an additional discount on the tablet itself. But that was a complete fluke.

Also there were an array of "collectors edition" video game bundles that are regularly $60-$99 and ranged around $20-30.

Thread Information