User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By anastasia1009
  • 1 Post By jenniferandcorban
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Mattress from Walmart - thoughts

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I am moving across provinces and the university is paying for the move - except big items such as beds. That is fine with us cause the mattress is 9 years old.

I am looking for a mattress - saw a few reasonable ones Queen, sport, firm for $269 to $299.99 but they come in a box - you undo it and opens up to a queen bed. I was going to Ikeas but not good reviews, KW surplus $90.00 for delivery, a place in Guelph where I am moving - free delivery but no reviews.

I am hating moving now.

deborah
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey, I unfortunately don't have any experience with Walmart's mattresses, but I do know that Guelph does have a Sleep Country. The Sleep Country is right across the mall and 5 minutes from the Univeristy. I have ordered a mattress from there when I moved out to go to University there and they deliver it and set it in place. They delivered the mattress a day or two after I purchased it and the delivery is free.

They have such a large variety of mattresses and it depends on what type you want, and there are frequently sales there.

Something to keep in mind, if it doesn't work out with Walmart.

There is also a Sears there, and they do have variety there as well but they are more expensive than Sleep Country.
    Last edited by ashp; Tue, Jul 21st, 2015 at 09:28 PM.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I had an Ikea mattress and liked it. I'm sure there is a difference in the feel of a $200 compared to a $999 mattress, that's why the price is so different. Individually wrapped coils, etc come at a higher cost. Sometimes furniture stores have some mattresses on clearance when they have only one or two left, or are getting new stock, or floor model ones.

Savingloonies jenniferandcorban's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashp View Post
    Hey, I unfortunately don't have any experience with Walmart's mattresses, but I do know that Guelph does have a Sleep Country. The Sleep Country is right across the mall and 5 minutes from the Univeristy. I have ordered a mattress from there when I moved out to go to University there and they deliver it and set it in place. They delivered the mattress a day or two after I purchased it and the delivery is free.

They have such a large variety of mattresses and it depends on what type you want, and there are frequently sales there.

Something to keep in mind, if it doesn't work out with Walmart.

There is also a Sears there, and they do have variety there as well but they are more expensive than Sleep Country.
    Sleep country will also beat a competitors price by 5%! Not sure if it has to be on sale though?
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We bought a twin mattress from Walmart for my daughter's bed. She has no complaints but bear in mind she is only 3. I have slept on it a few times with my daughter and I don't find it that bad.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferandcorban View Post
    Sleep country will also beat a competitors price by 5%! Not sure if it has to be on sale though?
    Plus Sleep Country Canada has their mismatched box spring and mattress sale. When you put the sheets on, you can't tell that they are not the same.
    jenniferandcorban likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

we are hoping to take our box spring with us and then get a mattress. I gave hubby a list of three places and told him to visit both of them and see what he likes.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know very much about Walmart mattresses. I know the Bay sells them and mine lasted at least 10 years.

Mark Jason
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Plus Sleep Country Canada has their mismatched box spring and mattress sale. When you put the sheets on, you can't tell that they are not the same.
    Really i was not aware of this. I think you are right then about the product.

Thread Information