User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: How Do You Get Organized for Your Week of Deal Hunting?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

So now that my daughter is seven months I am finally getting back into couponing and deal hunting. However I don't have a much time as before. Smart Canucks is amazing but I find looking for deals each week to be a little overwhelming. There are so many cash back apps, points programs, coupons etc that I find it hard to sort through it all and find the best bang for my buck. How do you approach the new week when deal hunting?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    macw1960 and Durham Couponer like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I make sure it doesn't take much time!

When the flyers come out, I make a big master list of things I need, and might need. I mark any items which I have coupons for, or cashback for.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I keep a running list of items I need, check for coupons, check the sales, check for cash back and head out if it is worth it for me. Usually I am pretty well stocked so I don't do a full shop weekly except for fruit and vegetables.
    ticul and Durham Couponer like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I find it hard to check everything!! I feel like I'm missing things and end up with things written down all over the place!! lol
    ticul and Anna Michele like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Savingloonies jenniferandcorban's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's why I love FLIP....i can clip all the items that I might need /want. That way I can go back and forth between it and the Cashback apps before leaving that day
    ticul likes this.

Savingloonies jenniferandcorban's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    I find it hard to check everything!! I feel like I'm missing things and end up with things written down all over the place!! lol
    I also keep all my coupons in small (bulging really) card case. I have a large purse so it's handy to have almost all my coupons available when I shop in case I find something on clearance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't think it really changes too much over time. This new craziness becomes the new normal. Most new moms just have to accept the fact that we will always miss things, always have five lists going at once, and know that it's completely impossible to check everything and keep one eye on the kid(s)! Just wait until she starts walking!

But seriously, check the deal lists on SC and keep your sanity by not signing on to too many apps. I keep a shopping list in pencil by the computer and jot down deals. Now the trick is actually leaving the house without forgetting the list, my wallet, phone/flyers, and coupons, and preferably not all four!

And if the LO comes with you, you also need diapers, bottle, change of clothes, blanket, toy, ...... etc.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I use as well but find they don't carry all the flyers. I jot down the extra items on a business card as well as the additional offers and stuff it in my coupon bag.
    ticul and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Coupon binder, scheduled twice a week. Browse hard copy flyers for what is needed, find the best price & write it down on the list (ie pm this store), pull any coupons then check for rebate apps if time. Tape 1 day only coupons to the calendar. Meal plan/freezer cook as much as possible. It will never be 100% perfect because couponing isn't your f/t job and that's OK!
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Great hints everyone. I try to jot down deals as I find them. I always have coupons in my purse, but it's hard! lol
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Alot of it is knowing your prices and what you and your family needs. We all differ that way but we all love a good deal

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I find following various threads on here is a huge help.
    On Monday & Tuesday @Tioma & @cyn88canada posts new flyers. I follow these threads and many times others post things that they see that I have missed. By the time the flyers are in effect we usually have a good idea of what we are getting.
    I also follow your best deal pcplus and best sdm shop threads these are great for chit chat about matching up deals and bonus offers or unexpected in store deals.
    I have 5 kids so I know what you mean about limited time but every few minutes/hours I pick up the phone and see if theres anything new. Im subscribed to many deal threads and sections of the forums so even new threads pop up in my notifications on tapatalk. Heck im not even in the country and still following them lol.

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I usually write my list out on an envelope and put my coupons for those thing inside

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Like Anna Michelle I follow the flyer threads for the stores I frequent and read all the comments as well as the comments for CO 51 & Snapsaves. Other SCs will point out good deals in the flyer I may have missed or a sale match up for a rebate app I did not realize .
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Determined to get on track and start doing better with my coupons and apps. We're paying off debt, so every penny counts!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information