User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: I just got my first speeding ticket (and hopefully last!)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can try to contest it. Otherwise it sucks but pay it and drive on!
    greeny likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone for your comments.
    Last edited by greeny; Wed, Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:22 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    89 (100%)

Sometimes tickets do not make it in to be processed on time. As a result, they are not valid. My brother lucked out this way on a long weekend. He was on the 400 series highways heading north to work on the friday morning before a long weekend going 140 in a 100 limit. X-Copper told him it was not submitted - five years later it still is not on his record.

For 10 over, I wouldnt pay the X-Copper fee but if you know a local cop, they can look into it or someone else with access

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nichols View Post
    Sometimes tickets do not make it in to be processed on time. As a result, they are not valid. My brother lucked out this way on a long weekend. He was on the 400 series highways heading north to work on the friday morning before a long weekend going 140 in a 100 limit. X-Copper told him it was not submitted - five years later it still is not on his record.

For 10 over, I wouldnt pay the X-Copper fee but if you know a local cop, they can look into it or someone else with access
    I paid the ticket. I admitted to the cop that I mistook the speeding limit on the road I was driving on. No way to contest it if you already admitted to guilt. I am guilty of speeding (not intentionally, but still) so I paid the fine and dealt with it quickly. If you don't pay the fine and you get pulled over again, it is automatic arrest. Why take that chance? I've always been a cautious driver and now I am even more cautious. It was a learning experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information