User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By pointsguy
  • 1 Post By princessjen
  • 1 Post By JDI007
  • 1 Post By JDI007

Thread: Opinion World and Opinion Outpost, can't have accounts on both sites??

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is just a threat that my anti virus detected as a false positive that has been somewhat solved now, please scroll down further/ thank you!

I just tried to log into this site when my anti virus detected a trojan virus.....never had this happen before!
    and now I can't even go on the site..it comes up blank/error, I think my antivirus blocked it.

Is anyone else having issues? this is crazy...

Name:  889.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  28.6 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by JDI007; Wed, Aug 26th, 2015 at 05:38 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The same virus pop up I now got at Opinion Outpost too! wtheck is going on.../ does anyone use Avast, are you seeing this? :/

/should I change my antivirus? which one are you guys using? ..I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by JDI007; Mon, Aug 3rd, 2015 at 11:42 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I reported this to my antivirus company Avast, they confirmed that what I found was indeed a real threat of malware or bad code.

contacted Opinion Outpost and Opinion World and ...it's like they're not even hearing me, telling me they'll pass it on to 3rd party surveys(like it's not their fault) and telling me to clear my cache...how sad..I like these survey sites very much..I wish they would care more about their security..this is not a joke!

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  51.8 KB

I guess what I thought was safe...wasn't. It's clear Opinion Outpost and Opinion World do NOT care about their security ...otherwise they'd buckle down and clear the threat asap! they should have done so already instead of ignoring me when I told them about this
    Last edited by JDI007; Fri, Aug 7th, 2015 at 01:03 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you have another computer with the same antivirus installed, you can try to login from there and see if the virus warning still popup. Sometimes, the virus may not directly come from Opinionworld/Opinion Outpost. In other word, if some virus is hidding in your computer on some of the module/script and ONLY Opinionworld/Opinion Outpost are using it. In this case, you will see a virus warning when you open Opinionworld/Opinion Outpost website.

Quote Originally Posted by A007 View Post
    The same virus pop up I now got at Opinion Outpost too! wtheck is going on.../ does anyone use Avast, are you seeing this? :/

/should I change my antivirus? which one are you guys using? ..I don't know what to do.
    I earn at least $80 every month. Task, SSI & PL surveys pays better than other sites. Join Clixsense with me http://www.clixsense.com/?4489292

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My account has been frozen...I don't know what's going on with them..just out of the blue right after I cashed out recently/couple days ago.. this saddens me because I did nothing wrong.. and now I'm not so trusting of this site..

/ yes I contacted some tech people, they asked me to scan with different programs for malware, spyware everything deep down and my computer came out clean, there are no threats on my computer, they too noticed that it happens on other computers with the Avast threat detection some computers detect it and some don't.. on my other computer it's fine no threat detection, on my laptop it does detect a threat..the issue is unexplainable the tech people said, OO and OW told me their websites do not contain any malware..it is an Avast issue, contacted Avast...they do not know why it's happening..which is strange considering it's THEIR product...they should know!/ so all I can do for now is add the websites to my exclusion list from Avast...
    now that my account is frozen on OO even though it's on my exclusion list it still comes up a threat..which is weird because I'v already OK'ed the website... but I'm still getting a threat pop up? may have to resort to turning off web protection from Avast completely...

Not having a good day.. I really hope OO will be able to re-open my account..how sad..I love using their website a lot...but I don't know what's going on with them.. :/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's a piece of information on how an Anti-virus works: "Signature based detection can correctly detect a virus provided that the definition is in their database. Heuristic based detections can detect viruses that are not in the signature database however the detecting file behavior can produce false positives. This means that it is not uncommon for a legitimate file to be identified as a virus even though it is not."
    JDI007 likes this.
    --- My favorite money-making sites and apps ---
    [SIZE=2]- GrabPoints ($129.43 this year)
    - eBates ($74.85 this year)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My account got frozen last year I think. I e-mailed them and asked why, and they said, one of their survey emails bounced back. They reopened my account with no problem, but the $10 I had earned was gone.
    JDI007 likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh I see, yes I'm sure that it is a false positive, I'v marked the site as safe with my anti virus.
    Just weird that I'm the only one that see's it.

I'v been in contact with Opinion Outpost, they asked for my personal info..so they can identify me...I told them but said that I'm not sure if my address matches what I have on my profile because at the time of registration I was a little iffy about the site..using my info with 3rd party companies etc. so I will be updating it(since I'v been with the site for so long) and was going to before my account got frozen anywho, I gave them everything.. they said they will pass it on to the appropriate department so they can proceed with their assessment and once they have the results they'll get back to me through email...

nothing yet.../account still frozen. They haven't told me yet why they froze it..they just said it's been deactivated..well obviously they did that..I wouldn't...they're not being very specific.. :/ and I'm very nervous..this just happened so out of the blue..I hope they will re-open my account.
    Last edited by JDI007; Tue, Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:29 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update: they just emailed me told me that I have 2 accounts within Opinion Outpost..which is not true!
    they told me the email addresses associated with the account. and one of them is the email address I use for OPINION WORLD!

What does this mean? I have to choose between Opinion Outpost and Opinion World...? this is ridiculous they're both different sites!

...omg this is crazy! do any of you have accounts with both of these sites Opinion Outpost and Opinion World? any problems wtheck do I do!? then why would they open another site if you can't have an account there! this is dumb... :/
    Last edited by JDI007; Wed, Aug 26th, 2015 at 05:33 PM.
    princessjen likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They wrote back to me saying first of all you are allowed to have the same email address under both Opinon Outpost and Opinion World....that's very weird because at the time of registering I remember I wasn't allowed to use the same email address for both after registering with Opinion Outpost I then went to Opinion World with the same email address and it wouldn't let me... that's why I made another one.
    Is anyone here successfully registered with the same email address for both sites?? I'd really like to know! if it is possible.

/Anywho, about my account they said they found my Opinion World email registered also with my Opinion Outpost account so they found 2 accounts?...I don't know how that ever happened..because that second email I only ever use for Opinion World... there wasn't even any money under that account with Opinion Outpost so I told them to delete it... I hope everything will be ok if I understood them correctly..this is very weird..I never created another Opinion Outpost account, I'm not a scammer , it's just very strange.. but we'll see how this all comes out.. :/
    princessjen likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update: they re-opened my account and deleted my other one..I'm just so glad they have really great customer service and understanding and patience. I don't know how this happened..but I'm glad they were able to help me! really impressed!
    I'm so glad everything is resolved, and I updated my profile immediately.

Thread Information