User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: People are too much! bbqfish.ca promo

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had an interesting conversation with a Freshco Floor Manager the other day. We always chat when I go in. She knows I like to coupon and we usually have an interesting conversation. This time it was customers calling to tell her they tried to redeem their Highliner pins but it would say already redeemed. Apparently people peeling back the label/sticker on the outside of the box and then taking pics with their cell. Too much!! Some of these people need a good scare with security or the police. It might be considered petty but it leads to a lot of unnecessary/necessary scrutiny for the rest of us and the staff!! UGH!!
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

That was also seen in RCSS too [and also with Astro loser-like promo :p]...many would rip the sticker off! Oh well! I just took the non-ripped ones lol
    What can we do though!
    Ciel, macw1960, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Unreal, and yet not surprising how low some people will sink. You never get ahead by doing things like that. It catches up with you somewhere
    Last edited by annedougherty; Tue, Aug 4th, 2015 at 11:14 PM.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I dont know how people ripped off the Astro stickers, I had to use a knife and score the sides to peel those darned things off!
    People will do these types of things when it's made easy for them to do (i.e Uncle Ben's coupons lying on top of the rice...because there was NO SEAL!). So I say this should be brought to the manufacturer's attention - have them make it more difficult to access pins/codes, etc. and there will be less stealing.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Exactly Anne! Whether one believes it or not, that type of behaviour catches up with someone in some form or another.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That's awful. I guess companies should stick to putting the pins on the inside of the box.
    ROMEO, Momof3girlies, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    That's awful. I guess companies should stick to putting the pins on the inside of the box.
    You would think that would help but not at my RCSS. I have found boxes ripped open with PINs missing. It's pretty brutal here.
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 4 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    I dont know how people ripped off the Astro stickers, I had to use a knife and score the sides to peel those darned things off!
    People will do these types of things when it's made easy for them to do (i.e Uncle Ben's coupons lying on top of the rice...because there was NO SEAL!). So I say this should be brought to the manufacturer's attention - have them make it more difficult to access pins/codes, etc. and there will be less stealing.
    No kidding! I studied in SOC class once that criminals are quite 'smart'!

The rice? EW Thats so gross though!
    ROMEO, macw1960, ticul and 2 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    You would think that would help but not at my RCSS. I have found boxes ripped open with PINs missing. It's pretty brutal here.
    Wth?!?

Guess we gotta go back to rebates.
    ROMEO, macw1960, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Our RCSS is really bad for this stuff. DS works there and said that they have an a crazy level of shoplifting as well.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

That is just so awful but we all know that there are couponners out there that should not be couponners. They make us look bad. The worse part is these peoples dont care and will do it again and again. Thank God that there is more good one than bad one. (I hope anyway). I just hope there is only a few like that so companies still give out some free product and these days we all know freeby are so rare. Can you imagine the poor peoples that try to redem their free product and this happen. Yes, I will say it again, that is just so awful.............................................

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Same here, I have seen boxes in Food Basics where someone cut the box with a box cutter to take the area where the PINs are!
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Same here, I have seen boxes in Food Basics where someone cut the box with a box cutter to take the area where the PINs are!
    Wow, that's awful. I can't say that I have seen that at my stores. That's terrible for the store owner, as there ends up being lots of product that can't be sold and is a loss. Those owners must hate seeing packaging with those types of promos coming in to their store, as they know they will be losing money on those unsellable items.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    Wow, that's awful. I can't say that I have seen that at my stores. That's terrible for the store owner, as there ends up being lots of product that can't be sold and is a loss. Those owners must hate seeing packaging with those types of promos coming in to their store, as they know they will be losing money on those unsellable items.
    Yep, especially when they cut through the food packaging as well as the box so it is no longer sealed.
    macw1960, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

It doesn't surprise me. I noticed last weekend people had broken the top open on Kellogg's cereal for the gas card promotion only to be fooled.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information