• 1 Post By elusive
  • 2 Post By Elle Lady Sadie
  • 3 Post By missmaggs
  • 3 Post By super807
  • 1 Post By My two Canadian cents
  • 1 Post By SassyAshley
  • 1 Post By Grey
  • 1 Post By cjethani

Thread: No frills policy change price matching Ontario.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Our local no-frills changed their price matching policy and it only includes local stores now. I called corporate to complain as should everyone. Told them Walmart is going to get more of my business.
    please call corporate to complain.
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Walmart
    ROMEO and milestogo like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This has always been the policy at every No Frills, Freshco or Walmart I've ever been to.
    ROMEO, Lyssia510 and Anna Michele like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

As of last week my No Frills is not matching Shoppers, Giant Tiger or any stores like that. They have a sign on the door that they will only match major retailers like Freshco, FB etc. I asked the cashier about it and was told that before they were PMing Oceans and other local Chinese/Indian grocery stores but not anymore. There is no Giant Tiger close to me so I have never PMed them but used to PM Shoppers but not any more.
    mothu, ROMEO, milestogo and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

same thing happened at my local no frills... so sad as it is very close to my home. now i'll hv to go to walmart
    ROMEO and Anna Michele like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they've had a list of local stores they'd pm taped at each registers at my store. it used to include like 2 or 3 local oriental stores, then i noticed the list getting smaller and smaller. i haven't noticed how it reads recently, i almost never pm at NF. luckily the 2 closest NF have a walmart in the same plaza, lol.
    ROMEO likes this.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

their new price matching policy makes no sense. They are either going to Price Match or they Are Not. Seems like too much of a hassle to figure out what flyers you would have to take along to pm. How can they say ok we will only pm from this store & that one, but oh no not this one. Crazy Policy change if you ask me.
    ROMEO and Arvilish like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find No Frills to be a hassle all around. The cashiers are rude and they never have stock and the stock they do have tends to be on the verge of going bad. I've actually just stopped going there completely. If I need something I'll happily go out of my way to a RCSS or Walmart so I can price match multiple stores at once. I try not to go to more than one store for my groceries (exception being Shoppers for special sales) and if No Frills is going to give me a hassle then why would I waste my time?
    ROMEO, milestogo and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Personally, I think a PM policy of local stores only makes sense. The point of a store offering to PM is so that you do all your shopping there instead of going to another store with better sale on some items. I can't shop at a store several hours away, so why should my store PM them? Yes, I know some Walmarts will PM any store in any location, probably in a bid to drive other retailers out. Personally, I like having choices, so I want there to be many retailers available to me, and for those retailers to be owned by different companies. I feel it is more advantageous to the consumer.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just don't get why it's some stores and not others. The small Asian stores I can understand. But not shoppers or giant tiger?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mollyh View Post
    I just don't get why it's some stores and not others. The small Asian stores I can understand. But not shoppers or giant tiger?
    Their price match policy can be found at the bottom on the last page of every No Frills flyer. Shoppers Drug Mart is probably excluded because it's not a "major supermarket competitor".

*Won't Be Beat® promise means if a major supermarket competitor within this store's geographical trade area offers a lower price on any item that we carry in our store simply show us an advertisement or receipt and we will sell you that item at the same price. We reserve the right to limit price match quantities to a limit of 4 per item. We will match the competitor's price only during the effective date of the competitor's advertisement or within 7 days of the receipt date. We match identical items defined as same brand, item type (in the case of produce, meat and bakery), size and attributes or comparable items in the case of private label. 'Our major supermarket competitors', 'geographical trade areas', and "comparable items" are determined solely by us and are based on a number of factors which can change from time to time. Excludes 'spend x get x'; 'Free'; and discounts obtained through loyalty programs. Look for the Won't Be Beat® slogan throughout our store and on some of your favourite items so that you don't forget to simply show us if you find a lower price and we will match.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Neither of our local Freshco including one with a Pharmacy will Price Match Shopper's Drug Mart, Giant Tiger or Rexall as they do not view them as competitors as they are not a grocery store they are a store that sells groceries is how it was explained to me. Looks like No Frill is taking on the same policy
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Sheesh.
    The sign at the door at my local NF says only Metro and Loblaws.
    No more pricematching for me.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to ask this.....but does Walmart price match Freshco, Food Basics, Metro, Loblaws and No Frills????

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Sorry to ask this.....but does Walmart price match Freshco, Food Basics, Metro, Loblaws and No Frills????
    Yup they do
    beachdown likes this.
    RRRLF $$ Astro Original Coupons gud on 750gm tubs or balkan style..

Thread Information