• 1 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By beachdown
  • 1 Post By Anna Michele
  • 2 Post By spanishpoet
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Anna Michele

Thread: New Winners store in Ancaster opens on Oct. 1!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The former Future Shop in the plaza by the local Walmart is now carrying the Winners brand sign and there's an Opening Soon sign by Smart Centres by the Wilson Street entrance.

Winners has handily listed the opening day on the store locator results!
    winners • Ancaster

1110 Wilson Street West Ancaster, ON L9G 3K9
    (GET DIRECTIONS)
    Phone: 905-304-0674

Hours
    Sun: 11am - 6pm
    Mon-Fri: 9:30am - 9pm
    Sat: 9:30am - 7pm

Opening October 1, 2015
    Grand Opening Day Hours: 8:30am - 9pm

Yonge-Eglinton in Toronto is getting a new store plus three other sites in Canada!
    http://winners.ca/en/grandopenings.aspx

The store has been under renovation during the summer, so it's great to know a familiar brand is there. There is a slight different in Sunday hours between the new site and existing Meadowlands store. I don't know if that is an error or the first store is moving...

At least my walk to Walmart was interesting and not a total waste of time in quest of a FPC redemption!
    This thread is currently associated with: Future Shop, Walmart, Winners
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Aug 19th, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Is the other winners up there closed??? Its practically the same plaza

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The new one will be by the Walmart Supercenter where the Canadian Tire is. Not the meadowlands location.
    Ciel, Anna Michele and beachdown like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Actually, I've wondered why Winners and HomeSense in the Meadowlands don't share the same building-they opened in two different physical "plazas" in the Meadowlands at different times. Maybe TJX should consolidate those two stores into the empty Target store near the HomeSense one!

Winners in the Meadowlands is still open. Nothing on the website indicates that it will close. Besides that part of Ancaster gets a lot of bus/car traffic esp. with people coming to the Ancaster Costco store from other parts of Hamilton or outside of Hamilton, so Winners benefits from that! It'll be interesting to see what happens to that traffic level once the Winona Costco opens up next year-Stoney Creekers will go there instead!
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There was a card mailer this week and also an ad in the community paper about next Thursday's grand opening.
    I think I'll queue up in the early hours to see if there is anything given out to the early birds.
    Anna Michele and beachdown like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You make it sound like it's a new iPhone release

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    There was a card mailer this week and also an ad in the community paper about next Thursday's grand opening.
    I think I'll queue up in the early hours to see if there is anything given out to the early birds.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Ill see you there. When they opened at Eastgate they gave out $50 gcs

Ciel likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

Actually, I've wondered why Winners and HomeSense in the Meadowlands don't share the same building-they opened in two different physical "plazas" in the Meadowlands at different times. Maybe TJX should consolidate those two stores into the empty Target store near the HomeSense one!

Winners in the Meadowlands is still open. Nothing on the website indicates that it will close. Besides that part of Ancaster gets a lot of bus/car traffic esp. with people coming to the Ancaster Costco store from other parts of Hamilton or outside of Hamilton, so Winners benefits from that! It'll be interesting to see what happens to that traffic level once the Winona Costco opens up next year-Stoney Creekers will go there instead!

They put a bid on the old Zellers location before Target bought it out to combine the two. Rumour has it that they've put a bid on the old Target building to do a Homesense, Winners, Marshall's location...haven't heard anything else about it though.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

On Upper James Street, Marshall's and Winners have separate locations but are close enough to bus/walk to. All in one would make sense but Marshall's is just a scaled-down Winners.

It would be ideal if the Ancaster stores in the Meadowlands were combined into the former Target location!
    @beachdown - I'm keen to score any possible gift card. If not for a watch for me, then the card will be happily used by another family member that enjoys the store more. @AnnaMi chele -$50 gcs sound good! Maybe there will be one high value card in a draw?
    Anna Michele and beachdown like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ Acknowledged....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

OK, so a friend and I were lined up at 8am and after several minutes one person joined the queue. By 8:20am, a small crowd was behind us. A manager came out to say the store was doing a charity cheque presentation and a ribbon cutting-we were let into the entryway to view the Councillor holding one end of the ribbon with an employee and a third person doing the cutting for the photographer.

Everyone in store (I saw at least one person with a Homesense badge, so maybe local staff from Mdwlds stores were in the mix) was in black and white attire, plus clusters of black/white balloons. A bear mascot wearing a Sunshine dream foundation for kids shirts was circulating in the store.

No swag/gift cards. I saw an employee holding an acrylic cube filled with what looked like mints near the entrance when we left.

Bought no-slip hangers and a jar of Danish-made raspberry preserves from the impulse buys in the checkout "maze" leading to the cash zone. If you have a TJX card and use Interac until Oct. 10, there is a shopping spree you can be entered into. Checkout receipt means a daily $1000 gc survey promo and this was announced over the PA system shortly after the store opened.

This store seems smaller than the other store but what's great about it-if you had to put together a guest bedroom or bathroom, there is a small selection of sheets (mostly midtone solids but there was a beautiful paisley print by RL in King size), a few shower curtains and some towels plus some home decor elements you can get in one trip. And there's the Starbucks on the other side of the parking lot, so you can do the drive-thru or walk-in to get yourself a beverage after your shop. Small kitchenwares section with some bakeware, tools (also in the impulse buy area/maze), and a few seasoning packs or condiments. The jewellery counter-one corner has blingy men's watches, another corner blingy women's watches. The other two sides-women's necklaces. Good scarf/shawl display by the door/jewellery area.

Men-you can score FIFA 2014 World Cup England or France or Sweden (Sverige) baseball caps in the team colours or 7-packs of striped or brightly hued dress socks. Decent rack of pyjama bottoms in various prints, mostly in blue tones.

Bouclair and Dollar Tree are also in the same plaza. 500ml Coke is still $1 a bottle (@Dollar Tree) or there's a 2 cans for $1.25 promo if you need a cold pop (some bottles with names in the fridge or cardboard display remain).
    lecale and safielstar like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Snap I totally forgot awe well at least I didn't miss much

Ciel likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Thread Information