• 2 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 2 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 2 Post By anisa
  • 3 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 1 Post By dededi

Thread: Nescafe Coffee Shrinks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am a long time user of Nescafe regular coffee, buying it in the 200g size jars. Now that size has disappeared, replaced with 170g jars. In their effort to make more profit at the expense of their customers, Nestles are negatively impacting the environment by 15% - the smaller the product sold, the more packaging per unit of weight. So in this way Nestle are profiling themselves as an environmentally irresponsible company. As a consumer I have to handle, store and dispose of more packages to consume the same amount of product, all the while paying more per gram than was the case before. Why would a company treat the environment and its customers in this way? Simple greed.

Peak Freans (and of course many others) did the same with their biscuit package sizes. I have searched out and found a far cheaper product of good quality which has now replaced Peak Freans as my biscuit brand of choice. I will do the same for my brand of coffee. Has there ever been a study done on the environmental impact of downsizing standard product sizes? Something needs to be done to counter this trend. For what it's worth I write to companies, complain to store managers and spread the word, as well as avoiding companies that do this.

Name:  IMG_3485.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  73.0 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    mulock and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I today wrote to Nestle:

"I am a long time user of your Nescafe regular Coffee and have purchased it in the 200g size. Now that size has gone, replaced by a 170g size at about the same price. What has happened to the 200g size? I much prefer it. Why the change?"

They promptly replied:

"Thank you for contacting us. We work hard to ensure each and every one of our products is perfect in every way. When one is not, we want to hear about it. Nestlé Canada has recently changed the size of its Nescafe jars partly in response to rising costs of production. In an effort to avoid a large price change at the consumer level, we have instead opted to offer a smaller sized jar to keep the retail pricing more consistent. You will find that the price of our coffees are comparable to what the other brands of coffee. We do continue to offer a premium choice whether you are using it as an occasional treat or your every day cup. While we have extensive checks in place, consumers like yourself provide us with one final assessment, one we wouldn’t have otherwise. As such, I will report your experience to our Quality and Marketing Managers immediately for both the new size of jar available as well as the error on our website. I apologize for any concern this may have caused you and want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Nestlé"
    mulock and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Nestle doesnt give 2 poops about the environment. Nestle also believes that people do not have any rights to fresh water. Nestle of course likes to make a nice profit selling our water back to us.

I am interested in knowing what you come up with as an alternative to Nescafe, I have stopped purchasing Nescafe as well.
    Mia001 and dededi like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Perhaps someone here has already made the switch and can recommend an alternative.
    anisa, Mia001 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Nestle doesnt give 2 poops about the environment. Nestle also believes that people do not have any rights to fresh water. Nestle of course likes to make a nice profit selling our water back to us.

I am interested in knowing what you come up with as an alternative to Nescafe, I have stopped purchasing Nescafe as well.

OLE anisa.
    Mia001 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

These jars keep getting smaller. I drink much less since I have a keurig now and prefer it to instant. As for alternatives to the instant I would love to hear of one that tastes similar. I hate all the other varieties I have tried other than Via which is far more expensive and tasters choice which is the same brand.

I find maxwell house, PC and no-name undrinkable
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i love it

Thread Information