• 3 Post By anisa
  • 3 Post By Mia001
  • 2 Post By JDI007
  • 2 Post By Candini

Thread: Anyone wear contacts? ++

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm looking to buy some contacts, I just wanted to get some recommendations because I will be buying them myself most likely online for cheaper.

I do have dry eyes and astigmatism. My current pair are Bausch&Lomb and they are probably the worst I'v had. Very dry and uncomfortable on my eyes.

Can anyone recommend me a comfortable pair of contacts that are, for astigmatism and for dry eyes that are comfortable to wear?

-Thanks!

I'm looking at a 6month supply, so no dailies.
    My eye doctor suggested dailies because I told her my current pair is very uncomfortable but I think it's just the brand Bausch&Lomb that's making them uncomfortable, because I never had an issue in the past..

I just think if I bought a 6month supply of dailies it would cost me more..? I'm not sure how they work, because I'v never had them..always had monthlies.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by JDI007; Tue, Aug 18th, 2015 at 08:18 PM.
    harbie, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I wear monthly disposables but I wear mine a lot longer then that with no issues. I usually buy 6 months supply and they last a year. I have slight astigmatism and I use Air Optix Aqua and I love them. I was introduced to them a few years ago when we were staying in Arizona for 6+weeks. The drier desert air made these a better choice to help keep them hydrated.

I purchase mine at Costco in the states( I did before the $ tanked). DH's insurance pays for it either way but I liked the idea that if we were out of town (on our trips to AZ or Vegas) and I needed a replacement box I could just pop into the nearest Costco and everything was on file.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My eye Dr. explained it to me as being simply more hygienic to use dailies. She loosely equated it to clean/dirty underwear. She is actually very nice, I took no offence lol.

One point she mentioned was that there may be days when you have a glasses day and may not use a pair of your dailies, so it is possible that you may not run out of them as fast as you think you might. Also you can swim and then throw out a pair of dailies after having worn them in the pool.

I found that pricing wise, my Dr.'s office was very similar to Clearly Contacts.
    JDI007, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Biofinity and Biofinity Toric by Copper Vision..... monthly....
    and it'S ok for me
    my eye dr told me that using them more than a month will dried my eyes and i will no longer be able to wear lenses if i pass the month time too often

he suggested me some drops because my eyes are a little dry

P.S. Anisa, i like your dr comparaison lol....it'S something to think about
    Last edited by Mia001; Sat, Aug 29th, 2015 at 12:08 AM.
    JDI007, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wearing contacts in a pool? are they a specific kind of contacts for water? because I know with ones I'v worn in the past I can't even get a drop of water in them, one time I was caught outside in the rain and my contacts got really blurry from the water and completely dried out.. I think water would damage the contacts..
    I'v never heard of swimming with contact lenses..but maybe it's a new thing?

/ Thanks for all your suggestions.
    harbie and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I purchased from clearly contacts online.. coloured lenses (with no prescription [0.00]) I think they`re called acuvue ? sterling grey...
    They`re pretty comfortable except in the winter when the air is dry indoors. You need a lot of visine for your eyes to feel moist.
    Mia001 and dededi like this.

Thread Information