User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Tracing Internet Photos

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Expired
    Is there anyone who knows how to check out a photo that might be sent on the internet to see where it originates and/or how many times it has been sent? I have a friend who I think is being scammed and I want to trace down the picture that this individual has sent her. I heard that someone around here knows how to do that. Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

avoncallingu likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, torontogal12!
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ah..."a friend" eh? Sounds like someone is on a dating website and doesn't trust the picture the white knight has sent of themselves? Tell me am wrong Easy way to solve this issue...ask to meet soonest before you invest in chit chat, if they are making excuses then you know they are false.

Also if a person doesn't have full length pictures, then it's fair to say they are heavy, but you can usually tell by looking at the face and arms.

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Is there anyone who knows how to check out a photo that might be sent on the internet to see where it originates and/or how many times it has been sent? I have a friend who I think is being scammed and I want to trace down the picture that this individual has sent her. I heard that someone around here knows how to do that. Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    habs rule likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Yes, you would be wrong actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Ah..."a friend" eh? Sounds like someone is on a dating website and doesn't trust the picture the white knight has sent of themselves? Tell me am wrong Easy way to solve this issue...ask to meet soonest before you invest in chit chat, if they are making excuses then you know they are false.

Also if a person doesn't have full length pictures, then it's fair to say they are heavy, but you can usually tell by looking at the face and arms.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh....the poster doesn't have a voice, or did the smiley just fly over someone's head?

It's been said, "if you hold a grudge against someone, you are allowing them to live inside your head rent free". Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Yes, you would be wrong actually.
    Last edited by beachdown; Thu, Aug 20th, 2015 at 10:18 PM.
    habs rule likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

you can try dragging and dropping the pic into google images

https://images.google.com/

but i don't know how you would find out how often it's been sent
    habs rule likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

True....and what if the sender is using another moniker online? Anyway....it's all in the metadata, but even then there are programs to remove all that

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    you can try dragging and dropping the pic into google images

https://images.google.com/

but i don't know how you would find out how often it's been sent
    habs rule likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh....the poster Ah..."a friend" eh? Sounds like someone is on a dating website and doesn't trust the picture the white knight has sent of themselves? Tell me am wrong Easy way to solve this issue...ask to meet soonest before you invest in chit chat, if they are making excuses then you know they are false.

Also if a person doesn't have full length pictures, then it's fair to say they heavy, but you can usually tell by looking at the face and arms.

Oh....the poster doesn't have a voice, or did the smiley just fly over someone's head?
    It's been said, "if you hold a grudge against someone, you are allowing them to live inside your head rent free". Just saying
    Kind of a dick statement.
    I can say that because I left you two lol's and a couple of cheezy grins.No one could possibly find it rude.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sat, Aug 22nd, 2015 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Put it this way...a granny gets leaway, and you will have to try harder to let this keep me up at night. Howz that TG?

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Kind of a dick statement.
    I can say that because I left you two lol's and a couple of cheezy grins.No one could possibly find it rude.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@beachdown

I'm not sure what your intent is here. But the poster asked nicely for a tip for a friend. You've assumed she's disingenuous with her request, and posted as such. On top of that you've drawn some conclusions of your own about the reason for her request, and offer up "advice" based on that assumption.

My father was a target of a scam once which involved a fake photo online from an alleged distant family member, but it had nothing to do with a dating site. What part of the original post says that it is the poster who needs the help, and that it has anything to do with a dating website?

Then you persist when someone else comes to her defense and then when someone calls you out, you lash out.

There's no need of it. But I have no doubt you'll respond to this as well...

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

wow - how many dating sites are you on??

GoJays and angel_2011 like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

erm....none. I don't need a "site" to get some. Thanks for asking though

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    wow - how many dating sites are you on??

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! My goodness, I haven't been on for a couple of days and look where this all went!
    Well, they say that when you "assume", it makes an "ass" of "u" and "me".
    The information that I got from Toronto girl helped my friend to expose someone who is being investigated by BOTH the RCMP and by federal agencies in the States.
    So, thank-you for your help!
    Now, about the bickering- I think, beachdown, that it's not rely appreciated or tolerated around SC. We are known for being a friendly, helpful bunch. That's why I hang out here.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since you dragged me back into it......You might be allegedly a "friendly bunch", but is a sense of humour lacking with the bunch? If smileys don't mean jack, what is their purpose on forums then? I was just curious as to the link between your friend and the scammer, but others decided to poke their nose in it and turn it upside down

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks! My goodness, I haven't been on for a couple of days and look where this all went!
    Well, they say that when you "assume", it makes an "ass" of "u" and "me".
    The information that I got from Toronto girl helped my friend to expose someone who is being investigated by BOTH the RCMP and by federal agencies in the States.
    So, thank-you for your help!
    Now, about the bickering- I think, beachdown, that it's not rely appreciated or tolerated around SC. We are known for being a friendly, helpful bunch. That's why I hang out here.
    habs rule likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information