• 5 Post By annedougherty
  • 4 Post By janetta
  • 4 Post By nicolthepickle
  • 4 Post By ottawa

Thread: Scop in quebec

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

k so wasn't sure where to post because its a rant and a question. I live in Quebec and went to shoppers the other day to pick up prescriptions. anyways there was a rack with ferroro rocher chocolates(mmmmmm) and 5$ off manager stickers but no price tag. so I went searching and found the display with a bunch of boxes, sale tag said 9.99 on sale for 8.99. so anyways get to cash and they ring up as 9.99 so I politely say the tag says 8.99. the cashier says where'd you'd see that so I took her over to display(shelves, boxes were 1 shelf above floor) so we walk back to cash and she adjusts the price to 8.99 so I say can I have scop and she shows me the tiny print on tag saying that sale ended aug 14th. she then proceeds to tell me really rudely I am adjusting to the sale price but we are not obligated to give it to you for free since it says sale ended aug 14th and the laws have changed and if you have a problem with that then bring it up to the bureau des consumateurs.

now here's my big rant, my daughters had lice for the past 2 weeks(she's 15) I have spent hours pulling lil %#$%&$ bugs out of her shoulder length hair, I am PETRIFIED I am going to catch the darn things and the other day I cried because I am so tired, broke and sore from dealing with this. last time she had them (8 yrs ago thank gawd) they lasted 8 months and I was single mum at the time so when I caught them I shaved my head because I didn't have any1 to do my hair. so my point of being at shoppers was yet again to buy some more lice related stuff so I got really excited when I saw my 3$ box of chocolates lol and then cashier goes all snotty with scop, it just put me more in a sad mood.

so now my question, I called SDM, asked if laws had changed to include that if date was on tag then scop no longer valid and they didn't know. they ended up putting me on hold and called that store and they just confirmed what the cashier said. I cant find anything on the internet searches and ive never heard about the dates being on tag. I thought that was kinda the point of scop. if sale was done aug 14 then you left a sale tag for 10 DAYS!!???!!!

ugh im so over this lice thing
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Ciel, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
    k so wasn't sure where to post because its a rant and a question. I live in Quebec and went to shoppers the other day to pick up prescriptions. anyways there was a rack with ferroro rocher chocolates(mmmmmm) and 5$ off manager stickers but no price tag. so I went searching and found the display with a bunch of boxes, sale tag said 9.99 on sale for 8.99. so anyways get to cash and they ring up as 9.99 so I politely say the tag says 8.99. the cashier says where'd you'd see that so I took her over to display(shelves, boxes were 1 shelf above floor) so we walk back to cash and she adjusts the price to 8.99 so I say can I have scop and she shows me the tiny print on tag saying that sale ended aug 14th. she then proceeds to tell me really rudely I am adjusting to the sale price but we are not obligated to give it to you for free since it says sale ended aug 14th and the laws have changed and if you have a problem with that then bring it up to the bureau des consumateurs.

now here's my big rant, my daughters had lice for the past 2 weeks(she's 15) I have spent hours pulling lil %#$%&$ bugs out of her shoulder length hair, I am PETRIFIED I am going to catch the darn things and the other day I cried because I am so tired, broke and sore from dealing with this. last time she had them (8 yrs ago thank gawd) they lasted 8 months and I was single mum at the time so when I caught them I shaved my head because I didn't have any1 to do my hair. so my point of being at shoppers was yet again to buy some more lice related stuff so I got really excited when I saw my 3$ box of chocolates lol and then cashier goes all snotty with scop, it just put me more in a sad mood.

so now my question, I called SDM, asked if laws had changed to include that if date was on tag then scop no longer valid and they didn't know. they ended up putting me on hold and called that store and they just confirmed what the cashier said. I cant find anything on the internet searches and ive never heard about the dates being on tag. I thought that was kinda the point of scop. if sale was done aug 14 then you left a sale tag for 10 DAYS!!???!!!

ugh im so over this lice thing
    Scop applies for any DISPLAYED price, so yes if they left that sign up too bad for them. However, since it had a manager's sticker on it, to me that is like being clearance ticketed and scop wouldn't apply. That being said, if it would have made you happy as a guest, I would have given you the SCOP and then taken the sign down!

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

There's a number you can call about SCOP if you have any question or concerns.
    http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/01262.html
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, they should have given you scop.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

K so ive checked the site and I am wrong. in Quebec it states on website:

Label/tag forgotten after the end of a sale

The merchant forgot to remove the tag indicating that the good is on sale when the sale has ended. If the tag contains an expiry date or the valid period of the sale, the merchant is entitled to sell you the good at its usual price.
    If the period of the sale is not indicated, the merchant must compensate you under the terms of the Price accuracy policy, if it applies. If the policy does not apply, he must sell you the good at its discounted price.

so no more SCOP's at SDM but good to know so I can stop asking there. just wish she hadn't been snotty about it

Thread Information