• 1 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels
  • 1 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels

Thread: CP makes ordering on line IMPOSSIBLE!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

On a $26 order, all in, FedEx, taxes, bring it to $47!!!
    Not going to happen...I don't know how Canadian online suppliers survive!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

What's CP, do you mean Canada Post?

I have a policy when ordering online. If the shipping is more than 25% of the cost of the item, I'm not buying it! I recently placed an order from Shop.ca, shipping was FREE, yay! It's coming by UPS, should be there when I get home.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Online suppliers get preferred rates. Anytime I have to ship something, I use my employer's FedEx account number and pay our Finance Department the FedEx charge.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    Online suppliers get preferred rates. Anytime I have to ship something, I use my employer's FedEx account number and pay our Finance Department the FedEx charge.
    I do the same, a box with CP was going to cost $24.75 to ship and take 4-5 days, with purolator next day $9.xx
    Sadly, we do not have that option when ordering from companies, which it sounds like is the case with OP
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Well, I'm pretty frustrated with UPS. There was a delivery slip on my door when I got home as I expected, but the UPS store a little ways from my house is not where they brought it. They took it to Dartmouth, it will take me an hour on the bus to get there. So I called to see what else I can do. I asked if my friend can pick it up. Well sure! She just has to show government ID that has the same address as the delivery address (I told them she is not that kind of friend). So OK, let's have them deliver it to my office instead! Well sure! We only charge $6 to change the delivery address. AUGH. So I sucked it up, paying the $6 plus tax. Grr.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, exactly...this company, Candora Soap, evidently has FedEx as their shipping company, so no negotiating there at all. I went to Michaels with my 40% off coupon and picked up 2 lbs of goat's milk soap, so that'll have to do. I was hoping for one with no detergent, so I'll keep an eye out for other companies and scope them out. Now I just need to find a $3 vial of pink soap dye that won't cost me $15 in shipping! So disapponting...I would have been a very loyal customer..

Perhaps I'll email them and just let them know.....?
    Zonny likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Yes, exactly...this company, Candora Soap, evidently has FedEx as their shipping company, so no negotiating there at all. I went to Michaels with my 40% off coupon and picked up 2 lbs of goat's milk soap, so that'll have to do. I was hoping for one with no detergent, so I'll keep an eye out for other companies and scope them out. Now I just need to find a $3 vial of pink soap dye that won't cost me $15 in shipping! So disapponting...I would have been a very loyal customer..

Perhaps I'll email them and just let them know.....?
    If it helps, Bulk Barn also sells this type of soap. Plus when they have the $3 of $10 coupon, it may beat the cost of shipping

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    If it helps, Bulk Barn also sells this type of soap. Plus when they have the $3 of $10 coupon, it may beat the cost of shipping
    Thank you, Shwa Girl....what I buy is bulk detergent-free soap so that I can make my own soaps without Sodium Laureth Sulphate and other noxious chemicals. I've only done this a couple of times and I absolutely love the results! I use only real essential oils (I brought them back from Egypt when we were there) and a tich of non-chemical colour if I can find it.
    It's a lot of fun, mixing batches of soap, tinting and and adding fragrance, layering white with clear, I even made one for our Grandson with one of those new Canadian quarters in it, which he promptly took something and dug it out, lol....but he does use the soap.

This is a start...I want to do the same with lotions, shampoos and of course, clothing detergent which is SO easy to make and costs a fraction of what retail noxious, poisonous ones cost.

Anyway...it's just me...I'm too old to take in any more poisons into my system; wish I had started earlier!!

About SLS and others...

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/issues/he...ureth-sulfate/
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Thank you, Shwa Girl....what I buy is bulk detergent-free soap so that I can make my own soaps without Sodium Laureth Sulphate and other noxious chemicals.
    like these?
    http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/products.html?q=Soap
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Aug 26th, 2015 at 07:52 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've never had any problems with CP and ordering online.

I am careful from where I order, to try get free shipping, or at least if I must pay shipping, to make it worth it.
    Recently I badly needed something only available in the US, shipping was more than double the cost of the item, but it was worth it to me. It was through Canada Borderfree, so it was in CAD, plus no surprize fees.

For your soap making, there must be Canadian suppliers for everything - people make it in every province! Maybe more googling, searching out forums, etc. would help - though I know it's time consuming.
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Aug 26th, 2015 at 08:30 PM.
    annedougherty likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, Shwa Girl...yes, I've seen those soaps there; they're single bars of soap...not as pretty as the ones I make, nor do they smell as lovely. I'm really enjoying making my own..it's a new hobby, a fun one, and a healthy one. I buy 2lb blocks of base soaps and play with them.. If this continues to be difficult, I'll have to make cold-press soap...just another adventure, even though I'm a little intimidated with using lye....but it would give me the results I'm looking for.

Natalka, honestly, I've explored every single Canadian supplier and all the same: the shipping just about doubles my order. But Borderfree, hm? I never thought of that, but I'll sure look into it! Thanks, Nat!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Aug 26th, 2015 at 08:50 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Borderfree isn't necessarily cheap(er) they just collect all brokerage fees at checkout so you have no surprise fees
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Borderfree isn't necessarily cheap(er) they just collect all brokerage fees at checkout so you have no surprise fees
    Thank you...I did browse around and found some quite low shipping fees; however, with our dollar having tanked, I guess I'll have to keep looking for something this side of the border. I may have to suck it up and pay some exorbitant shipping fees. Grr.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Neato hobby!

I hope you find the supplies, on sale, free shipping etc, etc :D
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Thread Information