User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Looking for some advice...
    I gave notice to my son's daycare provider 2 weeks ago and next Friday is his last day. Today I called the daycare provider to ask her how much I owe her in terms of holidays. We had previously agreed as per contract that she would get 10 days paid vacation + sick leave (I think it's 1 week)
    Anyway, my son has been in her care for 3 months only and she told me to pay her for 1 week holiday (I didn't even talk to her about doing it prorata i.e 2.5 days, and was willing to give her the 1 week paid). So I do the math, since she has taken 2 days off during the 3 months (1 for religious and 1 to take her daughter to hospital), I told her 1 week minus 2 days, I'll pay her 3 days. She got defensive, angry and accused me of trying to trick her. She told me that, she told me before, that we had to take the 2 days she took, off her sick leave so that we don't have to pay her the full 2 weeks (she was doing us a "favour"). And because I wasn't been nice, she would charge me the full 2 weeks now, instead of just 1 week.

I told her I wanted to take a look at the contract when we pick our son up. Unfortunately I lost the copy we had during our move. A few hours later, DH calls me and said the daycare provider called him to say she was stressed with the kids at the time she talked to me, that she doesn't want to be in bad terms and that other parents would normally just pay her the 2 weeks. When DH told her we were going to pay her for 1 week, she said it's too much and that we don't have to pay her anything.

We gave her 3 weeks notice instead of 2 and next week, we were not even going to send our son there for the full week.

Anyway, what's your opinion on this regarding the paid holidays? pay her the 1 week minus 2 days off? do it prorata i.e 2.5 days minus 2 days off?

Anyone of you run a home daycare here? what do you do in terms of holidays?

I won't go into the details of why we decided to terminate, just to keep it short, she gets stressed out with the kids and she's abrupt. TBH, I was worried about sending my son there.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Jina; Fri, Aug 28th, 2015 at 11:17 PM.

Thread Information