User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: How do you collect?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I am a spender (and I'm not sorry). There is not enough items I need to warrant the mega redemptions. I also like using them for trading. Nice and easy.

I do not have young children but if I needed diapers and formula I probably would use them differently.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I try to wait for bonus redemption days to redeem my points. It takes me a while to save up enough points, so far this year I have done 3x$100 redemptions. I'm aiming for 2x $200 redemptions @ Christmas time for makeup ($$$) and pantry staples :D

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am both a hoarder and a spender I currently have 5 major redemptions in my pocket and have done at least as many this year....I am an electronics junkie, on top of being a makeup and skin care junkie, so when I see good deals on laptops or cosmetics with bonus points attached, I will jump on them.....I like to do a couple redemptions (on bonus redemption days) to stock up on life's necessities (ugh why do we need food?) But mainly I use redemptions for those things that don't normally have coupons attached, or things that I consider splurges

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanasavalot View Post
    I am both a hoarder and a spender I currently have 5 major redemptions in my pocket and have done at least as many this year....I am an electronics junkie, on top of being a makeup and skin care junkie, so when I see good deals on laptops or cosmetics with bonus points attached, I will jump on them.....I like to do a couple redemptions (on bonus redemption days) to stock up on life's necessities (ugh why do we need food?) But mainly I use redemptions for those things that don't normally have coupons attached, or things that I consider splurges
    Its like guilt free shopping on those splurges I love redemptions for that reason.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    If I had 500k I would still spend it 50k at a time ($85), hit the occasional bonus redemption, and live free for a year. All my grocery basics like milk, eggs, cream; all my laundry, health and beauty, Gillette razors, OTC drug, tp, paper towel, free. I could get enough Tide to last to 2017. My partner could have every shape of Band-Aid his heart desired. Plus, there would be enough points for chocolates and wrap and stocking stuffers at Christmas. That's just about what I could do with 500k points.
    Totally started humming "If I had a million dollars" Lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a hoarder, 460,000 points and waiting for that special moment to use some.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If any of your in this thread want to give me some of your points, I'm open to the idea

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    If any of your in this thread want to give me some of your points, I'm open to the idea
    LOL sorry they'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands for me to give them away!
    Ivanasavalot, amira84 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

I don`t like to wait for the bonus redemptions, as the things I redeem for are never cheap at that time! I earn points with the bonus offers (love the 20X when you use coupons!) on mostly eggs, milk, highliner, pop, frozen veggies and pull-ups. Then I redeem for eggs, milk, highliner, pop, frozen veggies and pull-ups! It`s a win-win as these items are always cheapest at SDM, then I get them for free a couple weeks later when I redeem I rarely have more than enough for the $85 redemption as I earn, spend, earn, spend...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I'm a hoarder, redeeming only at the highest level during mega redemption events. I've done 4 or 5 redemptions this year and have enough points for 4 more. Was planning to save the points for Christmas but concerned that the Optimum points might soon be devalued. Hoping there is a mega redemption soon and I'll probably redeem all of my points, stocking up on toiletries, cosmetics and food for my kids and me.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valerey View Post
    I don`t like to wait for the bonus redemptions, as the things I redeem for are never cheap at that time! I earn points with the bonus offers (love the 20X when you use coupons!) on mostly eggs, milk, highliner, pop, frozen veggies and pull-ups. Then I redeem for eggs, milk, highliner, pop, frozen veggies and pull-ups! It`s a win-win as these items are always cheapest at SDM, then I get them for free a couple weeks later when I redeem I rarely have more than enough for the $85 redemption as I earn, spend, earn, spend...
    I'm with you! I redeem frequently, pretty much the same staple items as you. Either 38k or 50k. Totally agree with better prices when not bonus redemption day. Gather as many product bonus points as possible at the same time.
    dahliagrower, amira84 and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Currently sitting at about 1.2 million points. Obviously I am a saver but have been redeeming quite a bit lately...I don't remember the last 20x the points/18,500 promo I have participated in.

The points are there when I need them...also use them when buying groceries for my family members (who don't live with me).
    I've gotten to the point where instead of using MONEY and racking points up, I'm using my points so I don't have to fork out cash. Obviously I use the gift card trick to pay every time for the remainder.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I never redeem under $85. If the sale is really good and I need something I'll redeem 50K at a time rather than wait for bonus redemption.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I'm currently hoarding about 300K points which was built from stockpiling toiletries and GCs. Since I live alone and have my stockpile I usually redeem for $10 or $30 off here and there, mainly because I can't find enough things I need to get to the high redemption values, and I bus so getting a carload of stuff home isn't easy! I did treat my mother to $100 worth of free stuff during the July bonus redemption though, when getting points back with redemption still worked.
    dededi and Glendon Preece like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
    I'm currently hoarding about 300K points which was built from stockpiling toiletries and GCs. Since I live alone and have my stockpile I usually redeem for $10 or $30 off here and there, mainly because I can't find enough things I need to get to the high redemption values, and I bus so getting a carload of stuff home isn't easy! I did treat my mother to $100 worth of free stuff during the July bonus redemption though, when getting points back with redemption still worked.
    Awwwww what a good child!
    dededi likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information