User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: How do you collect?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I am not hoarder at all! I redeem points as I get them and have about 2354 points :p
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i wish i can collect money i do collect PC plus points and airmiles
    Davetherave likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hoard all year and then blow all of my saved points in December for Christmas! That has been my routine for years now. Every January I start saving again from scratch
    Tweets77 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I also like to save enough for, at least, a 50,000 redemption for Boxing Day sales. I pick up a lot of toys for the next Xmas that way. Been doing that for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    coupon girl and Davetherave like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always keep 95K in the bank. I have let it run to 200k tops, but I usually do redemption along the way when I can play with the digital set point on a product offers and in store set point product offers to claw back a good amount at the same time as redeeming. Or I will coupon the heck out of the redemption to get at least 30 percent more on top of it. The points I always keep back, I am being patient for the day I walk in on a bunch of electronics deals during a redemption flyer weekend.
    Last edited by rayraycanuck; Sat, Sep 26th, 2015 at 01:26 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am wondering if the points will change soon. The reason for thinking this is 1) Loblaws bought Shoppers 2) the new PC Mastercard earns extra points when you use it at Shoppers. 3) Shoppers own brands are being replaced by PC/no- name products.

Say if Loblaws decided the Optimum program was not profitable? Just a thought.
    Davetherave likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When the program changes, SDM will give many months' notice as has been done in the past.

I collect all year long and do10+ Bonus Redemptions at Christmas - for gifts. This year I will donate 1/2 of the redemptions for a family members' charity event. We have too much stuff and I prefer to give it to a worthy cause.

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

My name is Koolaid and I am a SDM points hoarder. I'm sitting at around 840 000. I normally save all my points for Christmas or an emergency. I did redeem once this year in July for my son's 1st birthday party. Burgers and fries were on the Shoppers guys. I want to earn 1 million too....so 65000 to go to hit my goal.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I am wondering if the points will change soon. The reason for thinking this is 1) Loblaws bought Shoppers 2) the new PC Mastercard earns extra points when you use it at Shoppers. 3) Shoppers own brands are being replaced by PC/no- name products.

Say if Loblaws decided the Optimum program was not profitable? Just a thought.
    Apparently Loblaws bought SDM for 2 main reasons.
    1. To help them get a better foothold in the pharmacy game since their own pharmacies don't do all that well.
    2. Because of the optimum program. Being the second most popular loyalty program in the country they want to use it for themselves.
    I remember that being said in the news when they first announced the purchase.
    barbis9, maple7 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

So I have been so busy that I've barely had time to plan a shop.... but I have over 600,000 pts between two cards.... I went today - without a firm strategy - thought I would buy some makeup and had some picked out but went around the rest of the store .... in the clear out area they had the Oral B Power White toothbrushes on clearout for $150 (reg $249).... I had an offer of 15x the points on that .... but 15 different points offers and then special friday offers.... I was on overload. I decided to redeem 95,000 points for the toothbrush plus some other items that brought it up to $180 .... so oop $10 plus tax - 95,000 points plus I got back 16000 pts for the in-store promo on that particular toothbrush.

I called shoppers as I had forgotten about the in-store promo points and was curious why I got that amount of points... and asked them if I should have received the 15x personalized offer - they said no....

If I had paid out of pocket vs redeeming I would have gotten 22,000 plus 16,000 plus 21,000 pts -- or 59,000 pts for $150 plus tax ....

It becomes difficult to redeem for anything unless you feel you are earning decent value for the points redeemed .... a true double edged sword

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am mostly in redemption mode now. Just over 340,000 points, and I have a big enough stockpile of everything SDM sells that I need. At this point, I'm on the lookout for gifts and such, mostly electronics. Sometimes there are some good clearance deals, but nothing much these days except an open-box Canon T3 SLR for $249, but I'm not interested in an open-box SLR. I really, really wish I could redeem 190,000 points for $340 in one transaction.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information