User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: thoughts on the pc world elite mastercard at shoppers??

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mel View Post
    I use my SDM Mastercard when I make purchases at SDM.
    I use my PC Mastercard when I make purchases at Superstore.

Just want to clarify that based on what is written above, this new card would now get me points at BOTH stores and essentially take up less room in my wallet because I could cancel the other 2... AND it would get me more points at both stores.

Am I understanding that right?!?!?
    that is how I read it as well. As soon as my card arrives I am ditching the RBC SDM MC
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Am i reading this correctly: So if i were to spend $110.00 at SDM on a 20X points event and earn 22,000 points, thats worth about $30.00. Then if I paid for it with this new elite card, i could get an additional $3.00 or $30.00 in pcpoints. im having trouble doing the math with this, sorry.
    Last edited by Elle Lady Sadie; Sat, Sep 19th, 2015 at 01:55 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post
    Am i reading this correctly: So if i were to spend $110.00 at SDM on a 20X points event and earn 22,000 points, thats worth about $30.00. Then if I paid for it with this new elite card, i could get an additional $3.00 or $30.00 in pcpoints. im having trouble doing the math with this, sorry.

You will get additional 110×30=3300 in pcpoints.
    Ciel, walkonby, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    that is how I read it as well. As soon as my card arrives I am ditching the RBC SDM MC
    Same here. I can't wait for the card to arrive
    Ciel, walkonby, dededi and 1 others like this.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just received this email, I was suprised to find out they are giving me $20 in PC points as well

--------------------------------------------------
    Congratulations! You’ve been approved for the PC Financial® World Elite MasterCard®. Your new card should arrive in the mail within two or three weeks. If you haven’t received it by then, give us a call at 1 866 246 7262. Remember to activate and use your card as soon as you get it so you can start earning lots of PC® points and enjoying fancy rewards right away.

Also, together with your card, you’ll get $20* in PC points. Think of it as one more way to earn PC points even faster, and redeem points even sooner. You’ll find all the details on the letter that comes with your card.
    Thank you for choosing our best premium card with no annual fee.
    Ciel, walkonby, amira84 and 2 others like this.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

it came!!! ( today ) I start earning more PC points now.......
    Ciel, Cuckoobird, amira84 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    it came!!! ( today ) I start earning more PC points now.......

Great! Did you get any free points (like $20 in pcpoints) too? They didn't say anything about free pts in my email but look at the email they sent to cuckoobird. They are giving away $20 in pcpoints for free to her. I am going to see if i get something free in my card package or not. Oooohhh i can't wait to get my card. I am already seeing big difference in my pcpoints balance. Points(or in other words, MONEY!) are pilling up fast in my account.
    Ciel, Cuckoobird, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    Just received this email, I was suprised to find out they are giving me $20 in PC points as well

--------------------------------------------------
    Congratulations! You’ve been approved for the PC Financial® World Elite MasterCard®. Your new card should arrive in the mail within two or three weeks. If you haven’t received it by then, give us a call at 1 866 246 7262. Remember to activate and use your card as soon as you get it so you can start earning lots of PC® points and enjoying fancy rewards right away.
    Also, together with your card, you’ll get $20* in PC points. Think of it as one more way to earn PC points even faster, and redeem points even sooner. You’ll find all the details on the letter that comes with your card.
    Thank you for choosing our best premium card with no annual fee.

@Cuckoobird
    Did you apply for a free upgrade to PC World Elite MC or was it your new card application? They offered me a free upgrade to this new card but didn't offer any free points, and after seeing your post, all of a sudden their offer to me doesn't look as sweet as your offer. Lol

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    @Cuckoobird
    Did you apply for a free upgrade to PC World Elite MC or was it your new card application? They offered me a free upgrade to this new card but didn't offer any free points, and after seeing your post, all of a sudden their offer to me doesn't look as sweet as your offer. Lol
    It's a new card application. Yes I'm so happy about that $20 in PC points

The processing was very quick, I just did the online application 3 days ago.
    Ciel, walkonby, amira84 and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Great! Did you get any free points (like $20 in pcpoints) too? They didn't say anything about free pts in my email but look at the email they sent to cuckoobird. They are giving away $20 in pcpoints for free to her. I am going to see if i get something free in my card package or not. Oooohhh i can't wait to get my card. I am already seeing big difference in my pcpoints balance. Points(or in other words, MONEY!) are pilling up fast in my account.
    I called them and the $20.00 in points was for first time applicants only apparently. Still an awesome rewards though now earning 30 points on each $1.00 spent!! Loving it!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I called them and the $20.00 in points was for first time applicants only apparently. Still an awesome rewards though now earning 30 points on each $1.00 spent!! Loving it!

I went out to check my mailbox but my card was still not in the box.
    But at least they are giving elite rewards on my old card now, so i am good.

And anyone who wants to do an experiment: can you buy any other retailer gift card (like burger king, or old navy, or winners etc) at any loblaws banner store and see if you get 30pts/$1.00 on these gift cards too? If i do it before anyone else does, i will post my resulats here.
    Ciel, walkonby, dededi and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I went out to check my mailbox but my card was still not in the box.
    But at least they are giving elite rewards on my old card now, so i am good.

And anyone who wants to do an experiment: can you buy any other retailer gift card (like burger king, or old navy, or winners etc) at any loblaws banner store and see if you get 30pts/$1.00 on these gift cards too? If i do it before anyone else does, i will post my resulats here.
    you may be the smartest person I know. I am going to try this too.
    Ciel, walkonby, Cata and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    you may be the smartest person I know. I am going to try this too.

Not me! @maple7 asked this question about other retailor/vendor cards and if we can get pts on those cards as well. I know that i have received 30pts/$1.00 at SDM for sdm gc but i don't know if i can get these pts on other retailor cards at either sdm or rcss (in other words, loblaws banner stores.)

Hint: i am thinking of trying out this theory at sdm. Because this elite card rewards specifically says "sdm rewards" so it will be easier to know if we get these rewards or not.

Let us know what you find. I am crossing my fingers to get 30pts/$1.00 for shopping at winners, old navy, sephora (i saw sephora's gc today in my rcss), white spot, and otherrestaurants. It's going to be an even more exciting life from now on. Lol
    Ciel, walkonby, MrsMer and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not me! @maple7 asked this question about other retailor/vendor cards and if we can get pts on those cards as well. I know that i have received 30pts/$1.00 at SDM for sdm gc but i don't know if i can get these pts on other retailor cards at either sdm or rcss (in other words, loblaws banner stores.)

Hint: i am thinking of trying out this theory at sdm. Because this elite card rewards specifically says "sdm rewards" so it will be easier to know if we get these rewards or not.

Let us know what you find. I am crossing my fingers to get 30pts/$1.00 for shopping at winners, old navy, sephora (i saw sephora's gc today in my rcss), white spot, and otherrestaurants. It's going to be an even more exciting life from now on. Lol
    Yes you! lol. There are some very smart people on this forum, I think in the end, that is what keeps me coming back. I'm considering this card, I don't like having many credit cards, but to me, passing on this one doesn't make sense. I would only use it for Loblaws chains, perhaps Esso, but I think a no fee credit card at 3% is pretty awesome. Btw, I almost stop every time I walk by the RCSS PC financial guy lol.
    Ciel, amira84, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

My card is on its way. Going to get rid of my Optimum MC for this one.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information