User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: thoughts on the pc world elite mastercard at shoppers??

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

How long is it taking on average to see PC points (not Plus points) to be posted to the PC Plus account. I've several transactions from mid last week with no points posted yet... All on PC MC World Elite.
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Any better and there would be two of me...

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

As I understand it this card only earns PC points. So when you use it at SDM, you will be earning PC points, not Optimum points.

http://www.pcfinancial.ca/whyjoin3/

Silk
    Ciel, walkonby, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I had an upgrade as well from the world to elite, no free pts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    As I understand it this card only earns PC points. So when you use it at SDM, you will be earning PC points, not Optimum points.

http://www.pcfinancial.ca/whyjoin3/

Silk
    Yes that is correct. You will earn 30 PC points for every dollar spent at SDM, no optimum points.
    Silk, Ciel, dededi and 1 others like this.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    Yes that is correct. You will earn 30 PC points for every dollar spent at SDM, no optimum points.
    Thanks- with people talking about dumping the RBC Optimum MC, I initially thought it would earn both - or at least the PC points could be converted to optimum points

Silk
    Ciel and dededi like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I already earn so much Optimum points that it makes sense for me to use my Elite card at Shoppers and ditch my RBC card. This way I can get points for produce and things that Shoppers does not sell.
    Silk, Ciel, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Ok I checked income requirement for that card and thats quite high for us $75 K. How you deal with that if you don't meet that requirement. Want to apply but don't think they will approve.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by uanoor View Post
    Ok I checked income requirement for that card and thats quite high for us $75 K. How you deal with that if you don't meet that requirement. Want to apply but don't think they will approve.
    well.. you def shouldnt but... they dont verify income (just employment) as long as you state you make 70k or 120k household income and you have ok credit you can get the card.. I think thats how some are getting the card. or perhaps some still live at home with the parents so wouldnt necc be lieing with combined household income..

note: I mentioned this before.. but if you state your income is less than 70k/120k you wont get the card pretty much no matter what. (very very YMMV)
    apparently if you use the card very much they can waive the income requirement for upgrading but thats only in special cases
    Last edited by bryceton; Fri, Oct 9th, 2015 at 04:39 AM.
    uanoor, Ciel, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Thank, too complicated. Ok happy with current PC card + RBC optimum M.C. Not worth all this for few extra points. Hopefully some day we will really have 120K household income. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bryceton View Post
    well.. you def shouldnt but... they dont verify income (just employment) as long as you state you make 70k or 120k household income and you have ok credit you can get the card.. I think thats how some are getting the card. or perhaps some still live at home with the parents so wouldnt necc be lieing with combined household income..

note: I mentioned this before.. but if you state your income is less than 70k/120k you wont get the card pretty much no matter what. (very very YMMV)
    apparently if you use the card very much they can waive the income requirement for upgrading but thats only in special cases
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I activated a new pc financial world elite masterday today . Has anyone bought a nonSDM giftcard yet to see if you receive points for them? I see @amira84 confirming the SDM giftcard points .
    Ciel, amira84 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    I activated a new pc financial world elite masterday today . Has anyone bought a nonSDM giftcard yet to see if you receive points for them? I see @amira84 confirming the SDM giftcard points .
    @maple7

O maple! I love you! Every time i go to my RCSS and look at the gift card wall, your name comes in my mind. I have been trying so hard to buy any other retailor gift card but i have thought very hard about where do we spend most of our money and the only answers i get is online bill payments, rcss grocery, sdm grocery and just a little bit here and there.

I think i'll buy a $100 They Bay gift card JUST BECAUSE my dear maple7 put that great idea in my mind. I'll use that gift card later in my life. Lol.
    Ciel, maple7 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    @maple7

O maple! I love you! Every time i go to my RCSS and look at the gift card wall, your name comes in my mind. I have been trying so hard to buy any other retailor gift card but i have thought very hard about where do we spend most of our money and the only answers i get is online bill payments, rcss grocery, sdm grocery and just a little bit here and there.

I think i'll buy a $100 They Bay gift card JUST BECAUSE my dear maple7 put that great idea in my mind. I'll use that gift card later in my life. Lol.
    lol @amira84 , don't buy a giftcard unless you are sure you want it. I hope to shop SDM on Wednesday (it's usually my best sdm personal offer day) so will try purchasing either a gas card or something $25 or less if no one posts about their success or failure. My usual mastercard earns 2% back on all charges which includes giftcards so at the moment I see no reason why pc financial would be scrutinizing purchases and excluding them. But I guess we will see.

btw, I think of you every time I plan makeup purchases! lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lol @amira84, don't buy a giftcard unless you are sure you want it. I hope to shop SDM on Wednesday (it's usually my best sdm personal offer day) so will try purchasing either a gas card or something $25 or less if no one posts about their success or failure. My usual mastercard earns 2% back on all charges which includes giftcards so at the moment I see no reason why pc financial would be scrutinizing purchases and excluding them. But I guess we will see.

btw, I think of you every time I plan makeup purchases! lol
    Bought an itunes card at Shoppers yesterday but looks like I need to wait til my mastercard statement cut off (the 13th) to see the pc points ... I assume this is how it works??? I'm new to pc financial so I don't know their process yet. Anyway, I'm hoping for a confirmation before the Shoppers gift card promo ... if there is one this year.
    amira84 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Bought an itunes card at Shoppers yesterday but looks like I need to wait til my mastercard statement cut off (the 13th) to see the pc points ... I assume this is how it works??? I'm new to pc financial so I don't know their process yet. Anyway, I'm hoping for a confirmation before the Shoppers gift card promo ... if there is one this year.

The way it works is that you can see your pcpoints on your pcplus account associated with this mastercard. Let's say i have their pcmc (i do have their MC) and my email address [email protected] (dont send emails on it. Its just an example. is associated with this mastercard. I can log in to pcplus.ca using this email address and i can see my pcpoints associated with this card.
    PCPLUS points are awarded right away but mastercard rewards are awarded after a few days.
    now let's talk about loblaws/sdm rewards on this card because we get 30x points for these stores. We get 20x pcpoints after a few days in my [email protected] pcplus account. The other 10x points are awarded with other retail shopping mastercard rewards collectively after a few days.

Here's a couple pictures of my pcplus account associated with my MC.
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-10-28-21-28-38.png
Views: 578
Size:  74.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-10-28-21-28-50.png
Views: 602
Size:  153.7 KB
    Cuckoobird, maple7 and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes absolutely works. PC mastercard has no way of knowing what you bought for the most part..

The only thing it wont work on is prescriptions (different register, *maybe work in certain areas depending on law?). and im assuming canada post kiosks.
    Cuckoobird, maple7 and dededi like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information