User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: thoughts on the pc world elite mastercard at shoppers??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    The way it works is that you can see your pcpoints on your pcplus account associated with this mastercard. Let's say i have their pcmc (i do have their MC) and my email address [email protected] (dont send emails on it. Its just an example. is associated with this mastercard. I can log in to pcplus.ca using this email address and i can see my pcpoints associated with this card.
    PCPLUS points are awarded right away but mastercard rewards are awarded after a few days.
    now let's talk about loblaws/sdm rewards on this card because we get 30x points for these stores. We get 20x pcpoints after a few days in my [email protected] pcplus account. The other 10x points are awarded with other retail shopping mastercard rewards collectively after a few days.

Here's a couple pictures of my pcplus account associated with my MC.
    Attachment 296480
    Attachment 296481
    Thank you so much Amira! This is not at all what I was expecting, I was thinking they would transfer total points per statement period, much prefer this way. The Loblaws 20x + 10x regular point split would have confused me, if it weren't for how Shoppers does it lol.

I am still sitting on 0 pc points but my mastercard transactions were pending yesterday so just accepted today. I'll check again tomorrow.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bryceton View Post
    Yes absolutely works. PC mastercard has no way of knowing what you bought for the most part..

The only thing it wont work on is prescriptions (different register, *maybe work in certain areas depending on law?). and im assuming canada post kiosks.
    Awesome, thank you. This is what I was expecting. I don't understand the prescription exception though, I usually pay for prescriptions at Shoppers with a different mastercard that earns 2% and get the 2% back with it. I'm in Ontario.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thought I'd mention that I received PCplus points today from purchasing SDM and itunes gift cards at Shoppers, so I guess I will be buying gift cards a little more frequently. It was nice to see also that they do not round the dollars to calculate points ie. $2.80 x 30 = 84 points not $2 x 30 = 60 points.

Thank you all for your help, especially @amira84 .
    ROMEO, Ciel, Cuckoobird and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Decided to do the SDM gift card promo with the pc financial card gift card promo. I figure the SDM promo gives about an 8% return with an additional 3% from the pc financial card. If pc financial allows SDM as a "participating grocery store", it's an additional 9% for select gift cards.

Not expecting it to work but needed one itunes card for a gift, so figured it was worth checking out.
    Last edited by maple7; Thu, Nov 12th, 2015 at 11:10 PM.
    ROMEO and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    Decided to do the SDM gift card promo with the pc financial card gift card promo. I figure the SDM promo gives about an 8% return with an additional 3% from the pc financial card. If pc financial allows SDM as a "participating grocery store", it's an additional 9% for select gift cards.

Not expecting it to work but needed one itunes card for a gift, so figured it was worth checking out.

You know what.... that's exactly what i was thinking. Sdm comes under their participating grocery stores where pc products are sold. I was very ready to buy any of those participating gcs at sdm and challenge my pcmc guys *in case* they didnt award me extra pcmc gc offer points.
    But then it hit me today! Sdm is not a grocery store. It's a drug store. Right? There is a chance that they will say sdm is not a grocery store but If it's a grocery then you can always call pcmc guys and explain that you should get these extra points. People say bad stuff on PCFinancial facebook page about their bad/slow customer service but i have ALWAYS got great CSR whenever I called them.
    ROMEO and maple7 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Watch your mailboxes! Just got this offer in the mail today. The fine print says you have to spend at least $30 AFTER tax between Nov 27 and Dec 31.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ROMEO, amira84 and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
    Watch your mailboxes! Just got this offer in the mail today. The fine print says you have to spend at least $30 AFTER tax between Nov 27 and Dec 31.
    @MrsD

Does this offer say anything about you being the onky member getting this offer? I mean is it addressed specifically to you?
    I called my PcMc elite guys and told them about this offer and the esso bonus offer. I asked them if they had sent any bonus offer card to me or not. They said that these bonus offers are for every elite PCMC customers and i will get the bonus points if i spend this much amount at sdm or at esso station for gas fill up. Although i am not taking her words for it and will call them again tomorrow.
    ROMEO, walkonby, maple7 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I received the same letter. It does not seem to exclude GC purchases, but if I spent 30.00 at SDM 3 times my reward is 40 000 points. I am not sure I will risk it for GC purchases but I will do my best to use this offer.
    ROMEO, amira84, maple7 and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is the fine print. Other than my name on the envelope, there was nothing in the letter that was specific to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ROMEO, walkonby, amira84 and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I received the same letter. It does not seem to exclude GC purchases, but if I spent 30.00 at SDM 3 times my reward is 40 000 points. I am not sure I will risk it for GC purchases but I will do my best to use this offer.
    Lucky you!! It doesn't state any of the usual Optimum exclusions, so I bet it would work with gift cards. As far as I know, the PC MasterCard isn't linked to the Optimum card so how would they know what that that $30 purchase is?
    lilo0003, amira84 and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
    Here is the fine print. Other than my name on the envelope, there was nothing in the letter that was specific to me.

Oh. So it does say that its an exclusive offer....to you. But i will still call them to give me that 40000 pcpoints on 3 sdm trips offer. Lol
    MrsD likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Oh. So it does say that its an exclusive offer....to you. But i will still call them to give me that 40000 pcpoints on 3 sdm trips offer. Lol
    Yeah, you're right! I must have been half asleep when I posted that, lol. If some people are getting an offer of 40,000 points (jealous!!) then I guess it is tailored to the individual. It's a great offer; $20 in PC points for a minimun of $90 purchase at SDM....plus whatever optimum points you earn.
    Last edited by MrsD; Tue, Dec 1st, 2015 at 06:59 AM.
    amira84 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

hmmm. Hope I get something in my mailbox today!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information