User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: I " never " shop at Sobey's till I just did! AM and cheap ice cream

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    We had Blue Friday today. I started with a $100 and got a $100 GC plus $10 GC ( coupon).

Then spent $105.65. Have a 350 AM ( worth $38.44) and $3 CO51 and still have $4.35 GC.

I got the cheese ($5.99) but if you bought 3 you got 100 AM ( used coupons for the cheese).

Cokes 2 L for .99, 3 pork shoulder roasts ($1.99/lb) cheese, etc...

Sobeys is like Safeway. You have to shop the deals.
    @Cake .......Let me guess? Are you living out West? In Ontario the AM offers are not nearly that generous ( 100 AM for 3 bars of cheese? ) wow!!
    Congrats!
    ticul and Davetherave like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I almost never search Sobey's flyer because the store is mostly insane high prices, BUT tonight I decided to see if the 2 separate set of coupons they mailed me ( one was an entire booklet filled with pages! ) could help rack up some AM.

A few things I bought were Chapmans Ice cream @ $1.99 ea, Hellmans Mayo @ $3.99 ( CO51 refunding $1.00 ) and stocked up on No Salt Chix broth @ 3/$5.00, a couple of chocolate bars, green onions, 6 croissants ( ha ha ) and I was out the door!

Spent $20.92 in 1st transaction, earned 11 AM ( 1 regular , 10 Bonus wys $20.00 )
    Spent $23.61 in 2nd transaction, earned 48 AM (1 regular, 22 on 4 specific products, and 25 bonus for using ALL 4 of those coupons in a single transaction )
    Total spent $44.53, earned 59 total AM.

It took so long trying to navigate the best use of these coupons matched with products, I will definitely NOT use most of the ones I have left as the prices are not anywhere near worth the AM offered on them. Sorry Sobey's, I know you are trying BUT $6.00 for a block of cheese??! I am so spoiled from the other stores sales.
    The Sobey's next to me is to far for me to shop and very expensive as you mentioned. For the mayo there is a$2.00 coupon in the recent redplum insert
    walkonby, ticul and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I returned an unopened jar of the mayo yesterday( bought a couple of weeks ago) and still had the receipt. I had paid 3.97 so after the $2 coupon and CO 51 my total cost was only .97. Thanks WOB for pointing out the CO 51.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Sep 12th, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

yeah Sobeys, Metro, Loblaws pretty much you only shop their 4-5 specials ( usually the same price as other places ) they have, usually on the front page & last page. I barely look at their flyers besides these 2 pages & then throw them in garbage . My Freshco & Sobeys are just 15 mins walk from each other. Even their own brand ( Compliments ) is 50 % more expensive at Sobeys than Freshco, but people still shop at Sobeys a lot in my area !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

You did really good Walk. Well done and thank you for sharing....................
    lecale, walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Fri, Oct 30th, 2015 at 02:28 PM.
    Davetherave likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    thanks for posting the conversion lecale! I figured it to be around $6.00. I sure do not get to redeem out as often as I did a few years ago. AM is almost dead to me ( sad ) but that is what happened when they changed it all.

Natalka I think it like FP said, in Ontario nothing really improved, it was expensive before, still is only now they are an AM Sponsor.

thanks coupon girl, you know I ended up buying one container for each person here ( their fav. flavours! )

$9.99 For ONE block of cheese? ( 400-450 gram ) That is rotten! I would go without if that was the price here. I am certain we get ours between $3.97- $4.99 when on sale, I never buy at regular prices.

and........just got my $1.00 back from CO51 for the Hellman's!! Every little bit helps.
    Ya but I am in Saskatoon...and they usually go on sale for $5.99 like right now it is on sale at RCSS for $5.99 or over-limit $7.48!

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 6.10.16 PM.png
Views: 93
Size:  321.0 KB
    walkonby and Davetherave like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Good that you were able to collect some AMs.I also rarely shop at Sobeys except getting birthday cake for kids ( they sell 1/4 sheet which is enough for 10 kids) or for promotions like Astro( though price is expensive ,I will already find tubs to buy to participate in promotion).
    walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information