User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi all.

newbie here. my dd 6 yo just started her grade 2. i have been observing that she is great with arts ..loves painting, drawing, writes her own books (binding pages together) and very keen on dancing and acting as well. i want her to excel in those areas so looking for get some ideas around how to develop or nourish this talent. For now, we have been sending her to different community classes but now looking for a more structured curriculum.

pls share your thoughts .. thanks for your help !!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

head to your local rec center(or pool) and pick up the rec guide there are often many options to put your child into so they can try all sorts of options for a fairly affordable price
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks midnightly! that's what we have been doing so far .. community classes etc. Now we are looking for something that is more structured ... want to find out if there are any academies or coaches for kids that can help build or refine her skills. we are in the Vancouver area ... burbs. Just started searching so looking for ideas and others' experiences.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it's not uncommon for the community classes to be taught by those who also work at the studios (just with studio classes being more structured and more advanced) so you can always ask her previous teachers, or you can post on a local vancouver area chat boards and i'm sure you will get some local specific info...

my daughter has done a few years of ballet through rec centers and she's now starting acrobatics through the rec center which should be a good mix of dancing and gymnastics
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information