User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Sears MasterCard changes coming Nov 16th/2015

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow...that is very interesting! Thank you so much for posting this! ..so all of our Sears Mastercard business can be done at Scotiabank too? (payments etc) I can't wait to hear more about this. Thank you!
    ROMEO, Ciel and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks for posting this update!
    Ciel and JDI007 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In order for Scotia to recoup money spent, what is the interest rate going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    Scotiabank buys JPMorgan's Canadian credit card operations:

link to article:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/scot...ions-1.3272534

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Can Scene Points offers be far behind?
    As to Sears points, if one does not have enough for redemption for merchandise or gift cards purchases, consider donating the points to the Boys and Girls Club. That way, the points are applied somewhere and you are done.
    thriftygranny and beachdown like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Can Scene Points offers be far behind?
    As to Sears points, if one does not have enough for redemption for merchandise or gift cards purchases, consider donating the points to the Boys and Girls Club. That way, the points are applied somewhere and you are done.
    OR you can convert them over to your AM, I think it is 40 Sears points gives you an AM, something like that.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mom got this in the mail today:

Name:  IMG_0305.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  174.8 KB

From what I understand...they gave her a new points card in the letter...to collect Sears points, from Sears only purchases?

/But what happens to her Sears mastercard points? are they gone now? can they be transferred? or what's going on...?

Has anyone else received this letter?
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just registered my mom's Sears Club card and it said that the Sears credit cards will no longer earn points, they have been replaced by the new Sears Club card...kind of sucks because those credit cards were able to earn points anywhere...while the Sears Club is only able to earn points at Sears...but that's ok.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, I got that last week too. Haven't registered it yet though. Yesterday, DH and I each also received a shiny new Scotia Bank Mastercard in the mail. I'm assuming it's to replace the Sears Mastercard? Neither of us applied for one soooo...... Wish they would have asked first instead of just sending one out. I don't want this card, I already told DH that when Chase... was it Chase? Anyway, whoever was finally done with Sears then we would apply for a PC credit card. Might as well earn points on something I'm actually going to use on a regular basis. I'll miss the Sears points, we cashed in about twice a year and were able to purchase clothes for the kids with the money.
    Last edited by GoJays; Tue, Nov 24th, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes! I was wondering about those Scotiabank cards! thanks for letting me know you already received yours I guess my mom's is on it's way too...she was also thinking of going to PCFinancial for a mastercard instead.../so once she get's hers she'll finish paying it off and go to PCF.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

http://www.sears.ca/searsclub

Actually glad that the Sears Club card is separate from a credit card. Pity the club did not launch this way from the outset so all forms of tender years ago could have been eligible for points. When I had a Sears card years ago, the club was connected to the card. Now that stores don't carry everything, it is late now for the loyalty program except for regular shoppers.
    JDI007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by A007 View Post
    My mom got this in the mail today:

Name:  IMG_0305.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  174.8 KB

From what I understand...they gave her a new points card in the letter...to collect Sears points, from Sears only purchases?

/But what happens to her Sears mastercard points? are they gone now? can they be transferred? or what's going on...?

Has anyone else received this letter?

I registered my Sears Club card on-line this week. Any points from Sears Mastercard were transferred over (there is a section on the website that shows you how many points you have). Mind you, you need 1000 points just to equal 10 bucks. I'm no where near that...so not sure if it was worth registering it. Only worth it if you shop at Sears a lot (which I don't think people do anymore as Sears is closing more and more stores).
    walkonby likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nothing to snooze at on this one. 1k points just to get $10

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Yeah, I got that last week too. Haven't registered it yet though. Yesterday, DH and I each also received a shiny new Scotia Bank Mastercard in the mail. I'm assuming it's to replace the Sears Mastercard? Neither of us applied for one soooo...... Wish they would have asked first instead of just sending one out. I don't want this card, I already told DH that when Chase... was it Chase? Anyway, whoever was finally done with Sears then we would apply for a PC credit card. Might as well earn points on something I'm actually going to use on a regular basis. I'll miss the Sears points, we cashed in about twice a year and were able to purchase clothes for the kids with the money.
    @GoJays I cancelled both my Sears cards ( yeah 1 reg I had for years, and 1 MC ) once the whole news about Chase happened. Lots of time for Scotiabank to figure out I was NOT interested. Cleared the small balance that was on the Sears MC way before the due date, right before I cancelled the card. STILL got a shiny new Scotiabank CC....ugh.
    Phoned the number to say no thanks and was told that the card should not have been sent since they could see I had cancelled the others.
    Since then I have received 2 phone calls from Scotiabank offering me cards!!
    GoJays and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I know the feeling @walkonby . I got my shiny Scotiabank card in the mail a few weeks ago, still have not called to activate it nor will I. Then on Friday I get a letter in the mail from Scotia telling me that I've been pre-approved for $10 000 credit card. Are you kidding me? Leave me alone. I got my PC Financial card that I applied for and that's what I'm going to use going forward. If I can't earn money for Sears gift cards then I'll earn money for groceries instead.
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information