• 2 Post By Mia001
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 3 Post By win-star
  • 4 Post By win-star

Thread: Bought new car, traded in one of my [2] vehicles

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Everyone!!!

I haven't been on here much and been busy with work life and stuff.

So yesterday, I traded in my 2013 Kia Optima for a 2015 Camry XLE V6 in Blizzard Pearl. Will be picking it up Sept. 25th 2015 I am excited [on my part lol]

I chose the '15 because it had the $2,500 cash incentive or 0% finance [12, 24 and 36 months]

Also, I am hoping to keep this car longer, so the '16 won't matter to me for future depreciation.

I still have my 2010 Toyota Corolla CE around, not driven much. But will turn this Corolla back to my Daily Driver.

I will turn my Lexus look-a-like into a garage queen and/or weekend vehicle

From my '10 Corolla [April 2010] to '13 Optima [January 2, 2013] is about 2 years 8 months

From my '13 Optima [Jan. 2, 2013] to '15 Camry [Sept. 18, 2015] is about 2 years 9 months different.

I can see a pattern going for me ... I can't keep a car for more than 3 years and I keep buying NEW!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage
    GoJays, DaveP, Shwa Girl and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You may wish to consider "leasing" if you are upgrading your vehicles so frequently.

A friend was looking at a 2015 Optima... why the switch to the Camry? Did you have issues with Kia?
    Shwa Girl, ticul, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nothing wrong with changing vehicles every three years if you can afford it. Congrats.
    ticul and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think that's great, win And a fantastic choice you made with the Camry Been driving one for many years and love it.
    ticul and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great choice Win, Love the Camry.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some people change spouses in the same manner. After years of the same things, you get bored of the same old tricks

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

oh wow ! WinStar, i'm so jalous (in a good sens) of you about the Camry....we had one and it was the one we loved the most so far....there cars has no end....

take care and hoping you enjoy your Camry as much as we enjoyed ours

Congratulations !
    Last edited by Mia001; Sat, Sep 19th, 2015 at 08:53 PM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    You may wish to consider "leasing" if you are upgrading your vehicles so frequently.

A friend was looking at a 2015 Optima... why the switch to the Camry? Did you have issues with Kia?
    I am also curious about the Kia -- @win-star , were there problems with the Kia? Thx.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post

I personally find the lease is slightly more expensive if purchase than sell after.

I've chosen the Camry because I kinda like the new redesign or how it looks ... like a Lexus [to me].

I;ve also Checked out the Fusion and Malibu. One of my brother has the 2014 Fusion ... so I didn't go for it and the mailibu ... I didn't like the interior design but liked the driving feel.

My Kia no problem at all [Read responds below]

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I am also curious about the Kia -- @win-star , were there problems with the Kia? Thx.

I've owned it from new [First and only owner] .... No problems at all with my kia, All I've only done in my 2 years 9 months is oil changes and basic maintenance. I've "kinda" abused it [Just flooring the gas pedal]

Currently just came home from work and have exactly 45,018 km in the odometer and the engine sounds and runs like new!!! especially how I drive it [Flooring the car as much as possible]

I have no regrets on the Kia Optima but I get bored of my things easily and wanted something else. I would buy and/or consider another Kia if I were to look for another vehicle
    Last edited by win-star; Sat, Sep 19th, 2015 at 11:32 PM.
    Shwa Girl, ticul and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Some people change spouses in the same manner. After years of the same things, you get bored of the same old tricks

I don't treat my spouse [my case my girlfriend(s)] like things/items where it's easily change able. But things do happen in relationships that both sides can't control ... He me saying this and I don't currently have a GF!!
    walkonby, Shwa Girl, ticul and 1 others like this.

Thread Information