User Tag List

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I was at the Belleville WM today and I had a really bad experience. I had to escalate things to a manager for the first time. The cashier was pretty nice but she informed me that their new policy, as of yesterday, is to not allow a price match AND a coupon together, it is one or the other. This is because of some nonsense when the days totals are processed, they can't tell what the coupon was for because of a price over ride . I mean, just fix your system . Anyway, I asked to speak to the manager who told her this information. She called Rod, the assistant manager who didn't even speak to me, he just talked to her for a second but he told her to go ahead and allow the PM with coupons for now because he hadn't got approval to enforce this rule yet.
    Before the manager was called, I told her it made absolutely no sense because each individual store doesn't have the right to make their own rules and this is nowhere in their coupon policy. I wasn't acting rude but I was being very firm and assertive which is something I usually struggle with. I wasn't backing down on this one and I got out of there with all of my deals but I was pi**ed off If this rule sticks, I am at a loss since I don't drive and I rely heavily on WM's price matching to get my groceries every week at one location.

PLEASE keep this thread updated if you hear anything on this new policy so we can all be clear on it.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Walmart
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Junior Canuck Cupcakes'nCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    185 (100%)

How strange! I have had a few problems with Rod before, I think he dislikes us couponers. In that situation I would abandon my transaction and returned when a different manager was on duty. As you said, they cannot make up their own rules! I was able to price match and use a coupon today with no problem!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too have had a problem with Rod. My issue had nothing to do with coupons, I think he is just an ( insert curse word here).

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KissMyMapleLeaf View Post
    I too have had a problem with Rod. My issue had nothing to do with coupons, I think he is just an ( insert curse word here).
    LOL, me too. I used to work there and he was never my favorite person I mentioned this issue in the main thread and someone said they called the head office and there is no mention of a change of policy. I really hope there is no problem next time I go there!

Please keep the thread updated if anyone has an issue

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wow. I've never had a run in with this Rod (thank goodness). I PMed and couponed yesterday with no problem.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wl_pro View Post
    Wow. I've never had a run in with this Rod (thank goodness). I PMed and couponed yesterday with no problem.
    That is good to hear! I will be going on Friday. Maybe I will see some SCs there not that I would recognize anyone.

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I called Bellville WalMart and asked them if they had changed their policy re: PMing and coupons on the same item.

I talked to Carol at the CS desk. She told me that what had happened was people were using COMPETITORS coupons (not Manufacturer's) and were wanting to PM and use a Compeditor's coupon, then at the end of the day there was confusion as to which coupons were used for what. Carol said that as of Monday they were going to accept both again as people were going to the compeditor store and purchasing it anyways...and they want their business. So they decided to accept both again and make notations on the compeditor's coupon. It sounded like it was a big mess of confusion :/ The exapmle she used was Vim - apparently it was on sale for .99cents at one copmpetitor's store and people were PMing that price, and then wanting to apply the $1WUB1 from another competior's store coupon. So they would have two price over rides per bottle of Vim (one for PMing and one as they adjusted the compeditor's coupon to a price over ride) - they cannot type in the compeditor's coupon as a manufacturer one as it simply is not. WalMart does not get re-imbursed for any compeditor's coupons, just manufacturer's. When someone comes in with a comeditor's coupon and WalMart honours it, the cashier types it in just like a PM (a price over ride). So essentially what was happening is WalMart was adjusting their price of the, say, Vim to .99cents to match the compeditor and then adjusting the price again to $0 to accept the compeditor's coupon - so WalMart was giving away the Vim and NOT getting reimbursed for the $1 compeditor's coupons and creating an extremely confusing paper trail for the cash office. Keep in mind that the PM was from one store and the Compedtior's coupon from another.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Thanks for looking into it I hate how the store is so inconsistent depending on who you talk to. The way Rod explained it, it was all coupons that were causing an issue with PM. I am glad things are going to get sorted out

Updated TL/WL HERE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wl_pro View Post
    I called Bellville WalMart and asked them if they had changed their policy re: PMing and coupons on the same item.

I talked to Carol at the CS desk. She told me that what had happened was people were using COMPETITORS coupons (not Manufacturer's) and were wanting to PM and use a Compeditor's coupon, then at the end of the day there was confusion as to which coupons were used for what. Carol said that as of Monday they were going to accept both again as people were going to the compeditor store and purchasing it anyways...and they want their business. So they decided to accept both again and make notations on the compeditor's coupon. It sounded like it was a big mess of confusion :/ The exapmle she used was Vim - apparently it was on sale for .99cents at one copmpetitor's store and people were PMing that price, and then wanting to apply the $1WUB1 from another competior's store coupon. So they would have two price over rides per bottle of Vim (one for PMing and one as they adjusted the compeditor's coupon to a price over ride) - they cannot type in the compeditor's coupon as a manufacturer one as it simply is not. WalMart does not get re-imbursed for any compeditor's coupons, just manufacturer's. When someone comes in with a comeditor's coupon and WalMart honours it, the cashier types it in just like a PM (a price over ride). So essentially what was happening is WalMart was adjusting their price of the, say, Vim to .99cents to match the compeditor and then adjusting the price again to $0 to accept the compeditor's coupon - so WalMart was giving away the Vim and NOT getting reimbursed for the $1 compeditor's coupons and creating an extremely confusing paper trail for the cash office. Keep in mind that the PM was from one store and the Compedtior's coupon from another.

So you mean that Belleville Walmart will except competitor coupons like as in Coupon Zone ones or Rexall/Pharmaplus ones? Or only if it says sale price, not $$ off...I know some WM's were, but I've never tried...

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Apparently they accept $ off ones...I've never tried either.

Thread Information