User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By AddyB
  • 1 Post By Britanica
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By JDI007

Thread: What's a good natural, fragrance free moisturizing soap? that's inexpensive?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I make my own baby wipes and I'm looking for some fragrance free soap, preferably natural. I'v been using the Kiss My Face olive oil soap but every bar I buy is different, I used to buy this and when I grated it it was sand consistency which was perfect! but the last one I bought it was so thick and smiley...it didn't grate good at all it stuck everywhere the consistency was not the same, also this is a little high priced at $3.99 or so per bar.

Bulk Barn also sells olive oil soap, which I use for my face.. it's just over $2.00 but again it's very thick and slimey..not good for grating...and it doesn't work well with the paper towels. It's hard to explain but it doesn't work :/ I need it to be sand-like when grating.

I was also thinking of castille soap but in the organic section of my store it's $16 so that's too much.

I just wanted to get some recommendations for soap.. has to be moisturizing, fragrance free.
    Preferably natural, but I think as long as it's fragrance free..it shouldn't irritate right?

I use Dove Unscented soap for my hands/face sometimes, but I doubt this would work because it might dry out the paper towels/I find the soap quite drying...even on my face/hands.

Anyone else have any idea what kind of soap I should try? preferably drugstore because it's easily accessible.

-Thank you!

/or if anyone here makes their own baby wipes I'd be interested to know what you use!
    This thread is currently associated with: Bulk Barn
    Last edited by JDI007; Tue, Sep 29th, 2015 at 12:22 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found this website for you http://canus-goats-milk.myshopify.co...l-formula-141g but it has a whole shed of ingredients. How about making your own? see http://www.soap-making-resource.com/...ap-recipe.html
    JDI007 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-398431...oisture-0-9-oz

I like this one myself and it is cheap. You can find it elsewhere but I do most of my natural, organic, or paraben free shopping at Lucky.
    JDI007 likes this.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh I'v heard of Tom's brand..the ingredient's say it does contain a natural fragrance..not sure if I'd be ok with that or no..I could try it.

I'll keep looking too.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

WOuld it work if you used a non-moisturizing soap that grated well, and then added a moisturizing ingredient (like olive oil) separately?
    JDI007 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Be careful of fragrance, even natural ones. Natural ones are usually oils that tend to be irritating. Vanilla is ok though, it doesn't irritate skin. Obviously fragrance free is ideal

Sorry, I'm going to step away a little from the type of product you are asking for. Bar soap tends to be somewhat drying, so adding moisturizer to it might only be battling the drying properties of the cleanser. a losing battle? A liquid product might be better?

CeraVe baby wash and Aquaphor baby gentle wash might be decent alternatives. both are rated well. I am not sure the Aquaphor one is available in Canada, but the CeraVe one is
    Last edited by anisa; Tue, Sep 29th, 2015 at 12:30 PM.
    JDI007 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I make my own baby wipes and I'm looking for some fragrance free soap, preferably natural.Really also find best natural soap
    Last edited by Hamza082; Wed, Aug 28th, 2019 at 11:22 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am open to liquid soaps but I haven't seen any in stores.. maybe I should check out baby aisle?
    / you mean the Cerave baby wash & shampoo product? ...a shampoo...would that be ok for using on the bottom? sounds irritating..unless it's made differently than adult shampoo.
    / so just plain unscented soap and adding olive oil? I guess I could try that..mixing it together in water, should work.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The CeraVe info I got fom Beautypedia. Under best bodywashes there are a few baby washes. they don't have a separate section for baby items (at least I couldn't find a baby section)

CeraVe baby wash

I would probably stick to products that are formulated for babies, or labeled as safe for babies.
    R

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried the Dove/Olive oil method the other day, didn't work so well, I think it's because the soap is so drying..it just doesn't work ...but at least I tried. Will check out the baby section. I was just thinking..I hope this stuff isn't foamy..because it won't really work, but I will check it out.
    anisa likes this.

Thread Information