• 2 Post By Mia001
  • 1 Post By macw1960
  • 1 Post By macw1960
  • 1 Post By xlxo

Thread: Possibility of compensation by Canadapost for fraud parcel pickup

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Delivery note was left on my door and a thief stole the note, and he picked up parcel next day.
    The problem of Canadapost is that they allow other person other than me to pickup my parcel. He wrote my name on the back of delivery note 'authorization for pick up'.

All thief use this method to stole parcels. I think he should have put sticker with my address on it on his ID.

Is there possibility that I can get compensation from Canada Post?
    There're about 50 Japanese teapots (Kyusu). Worth over $1,300
    If anybody see incredibly low price with Japanese teapot, please let me know also.

Sorry for my poor English.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    macw1960, DaveP, dededi and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thoughts...
    • Did you purchase insurance on that delivery.... if you did they may cover it.
    • Canada Post did their job in delivering the product to your door.... it's the owner's responsibility to insure someone is there to retrieve it in a timely manner. That is... before a thief shows up.
    • do you have a camera to record who took that notice?
    • typically when I retrieve packages... they demand ID. The clerk will often write down detailed information on that ID. Not sure if that's changed.
    • If I can't be at home to receive a package.... I will send it to a parcel depot for pickup.
    • Some courier now offer notifications or website status messages. You know when it's on the truck and know when it has been dropped off
    • there's some dyslexic drivers out there who deliver packages to neighbors by mistake. I once received a neighbors package on the doorstep.

dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If it is a parcel valued at $1300, why are you not sure about filing a complaint with Canada Post?
    GoJays, macw1960, dededi and 1 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

at my CP door there is a sing telling you must provide identification when you come to pick a parcel....
    macw1960 and Davetherave like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    Thoughts...
    • Did you purchase insurance on that delivery.... if you did they may cover it.
    • Canada Post did their job in delivering the product to your door.... it's the owner's responsibility to insure someone is there to retrieve it in a timely manner. That is... before a thief shows up.
    • do you have a camera to record who took that notice?
    • typically when I retrieve packages... they demand ID. The clerk will often write down detailed information on that ID. Not sure if that's changed.
    • If I can't be at home to receive a package.... I will send it to a parcel depot for pickup.
    • Some courier now offer notifications or website status messages. You know when it's on the truck and know when it has been dropped off
    • there's some dyslexic drivers out there who deliver packages to neighbors by mistake. I once received a neighbors package on the doorstep.

Delivery note was left not parcel.

Love the video.
    Davetherave likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We have to sign for our parcels at the PO too.
    Davetherave likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some other thoughts..... how was the notice left?
    • Some couriers will insert the notice through the mail slot.... how secure is your mailbox? A courier notice is the last thing I would be concerned about with mail thieves using accessible mail for identity theft.
    • I hate when couriers leave notices attached visibly outside the door. It's an invitation for burglars to know which houses have no one living inside... especially when I'm on vacation.
    Davetherave likes this.

Thread Information