Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By ashokia
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 4 Post By ashokia
  • 2 Post By torontogal12

Thread: Rexall Pharma Plus Rant

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

So DS had a really bad cold, so DH went to Rexall to pick up some cold medicine and Vicks for him. He got home and gave me the receipts as he always does. I was boggled when I saw a $60+ charge to my credit card. I'm thinking what kind of cold medicine costs that much money!

So further examination of this receipt shows there is a charge for a prescription of $45! With a prescription number and everything. I phoned the store right away and the pharmacist answered the phone. She remembered helping my husband and asked if I was sure he hadn't picked up any prescriptions. I assured her the charge was not for anything we had picked up, so she said the cashier must have previously scanned a prescription for someone and not cleared it on the register. She asked that we come back in right away so she could do a refund.

DH was not impressed as he had just spent forty minutes walking to and from the store. No one even apologized. I wrote a complaint to head office, but we haven't heard a single thing back.

I work in customer service, so I get that mistakes happen, but these kinds of mix ups are very serious. I've had problems with this particular store before giving me the wrong prescription once.

I know we'll both be checking our receipts before we leave the store from now on! >_<
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear what happened! This sure is a hard way for someone to learn to always check their receipts before they leave the store. I always do that at every store standing on the side. I mean how did your DH feel after all that?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's too bad, but your husband should have really noticed how high the total cost was compared to what he was purchasing. I know, though, it's happened to lots of people - it just means taking the time to be aware and check.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Just as a side note, my husband can't check the receipt because he is visually impaired. That is why he brings them home and gives them to me. I'm sure if the clerk had verbally given him the total, he would have questioned it. Suffice to say, he is going to be more careful in the future and ask for the total ahead of time. LOL.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    Just as a side note, my husband can't check the receipt because he is visually impaired. That is why he brings them home and gives them to me. I'm sure if the clerk had verbally given him the total, he would have questioned it. Suffice to say, he is going to be more careful in the future and ask for the total ahead of time. LOL.
    Do you have online banking? My friend is visually impaired and she can listen to her bank transactions on her phone. That would help avoid another trip back. They really should've just credited your card over the phone rather than make you come all the way back
    DaveP and DianneS like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

what a royal PITA ashokia! It is a very good thing that you checked the receipt when he got home. That seems a tad rude that they never even apologized to him about it.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Niiice excuse! Don't you just hate when they try to scam visually impaired customers! At least, they could have apologized but nope...
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Thread Information