• 5 Post By Annatree
  • 1 Post By torontogal12

Thread: FREE: PRESTO CARD : Finch GO Bus Terminal - Sep 30 - Save 6 Bucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

http://www.yrt.ca/en/farespasses/prestoevents.asp

The Presto Card costs $ 6 .

Tomorrow - Wednesday , Sep 30 between 2.30 pm- 6.30 pm, you will get a FREE Presto Card at Finch GO Bus Terminal, with a minimum load of $ 10.

You can later on use the $ 10 you have loaded for various fares on different transits.

Most transits in GTA are forcing people on Presto, whether you like it or not, by eliminating tickets, tokens, passes etc , so might as well get it now for FREE
    This thread is currently associated with: Subway
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Tue, Sep 29th, 2015 at 11:28 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ugh I just forked out $6 for it last week lol. I think it's ridiculous you have to pay just to get the transit card. Good deal for those that need one
    ROMEO and Davetherave like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Ugh I just forked out $6 for it last week lol. I think it's ridiculous you have to pay just to get the transit card. Good deal for those that need one
    it would have probably costed you $ 6 to get to Finch and come back ( unless you have a monthly pass ), plus wait there in some stupid line for atleast an hour to get this stupid Presto card for Free..lol.

Presto is a waste of time, lot of errors and glitches in the system. They have some outdated 1990's technology , where you have to wait 24 hrs for funds to show up after you load online, then again you have to tap the card for the funds to show up. Auto load people have been billed twice.

your transit usage report doesn't even have your name on it ! So CRA has audited some people, who used Presto and claimed publice transit tac credit on their IT return..lol

my Tim's card can be loaded instantly ..lol.
    ROMEO, leavitts77 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

I don't live in Toronto but used go train a lot and this sounds brutal . But wait it's expected as its Toronto and they can't figure howUber got so good at technology and is doing great lol.
    i like the timmies comment ��
    ROMEO and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

using presto for more than 2 years. sign up for auto loading and so far all good. the fare when using presto is cheaper than cash .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Also, if you use the UP train to the airport, the Presto card discount is $20ish on return trip

What annoys me though is that in other cities, when you use the pass so many times that you reach the cost of a Metropass, they stop charging your credit card. Not Presto. Pass the Metropass limit, you still have to pay $2.80 every time
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Oct 1st, 2015 at 10:28 AM.
    Davetherave likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Also, if you use the UP train to the airport, the Presto card discount is $20ish on return trip

What annoys me though is that in other cities, when you use the pass so many times that you reach the cost of a Metropass, they stop charging your credit card. Not Presto. Pass the Metropass limit, you still have to pay $2.80 every time
    A few other transits they have implemented FREE rides after you reach a X amount of rides, a loyalty discount. Hopefully it comes to TTC soon.

Its not even monthly, its weekly so that's great ..so if you take more than 11 rides per week, all rides after 11 for that week are free.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Most cities have them set so it stops charging once you get to a set number of trips. I can set mine up to have a monthly pass or it is free after the 11th paid trip each week with transfers within a 2hr window. I only pay $0.55 when I transfer to/from a GO on a city bus too.

We can top up Presto at Fortinos grocery stores here too which is useful as occasionally, my funds are not available after 24hrs and I was going to into the GO station to top up to get to work and barely catching the train
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information